36 VCOs

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by ndkent, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

A synthesist named Myamo has a page in Japanese about his Roland System 100M that I ran into just now.

What's of interest here is there is a tiny picture of the 36 Roland System 100M VCOs Tomita used on "Grand Canyon Suite" for some of the string sounds. It's the left picture in the middle of the page with the orange and red text in Japanese.

In the picture you can see the 100M modules. It's the row above Tomita's Moog IIIp and Moog 55. There are 2 VCOs per 112 module (x18) and he added two 130 dual VCA modules (=20 modules in 5 cabinets)

http://ha2.seikyou.ne.jp/home/myamo/syn/roland/100m.html

I've seen a more dramatic picture than this one in a book but I've never seen it on the web.

fwiw, the picture next to it is of Klaus Schulze. The bottom of the page is about his own system 100m

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool! Does he credit Tomita in the article or has he just borrowed the images? :)

3. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

Well only that little one that came out of a magazine or book is Tomita's studio. I'm sure it's not Tomita's personal picture or anything. It just says it's a picture of Isao Tomita's Roland System 100-M and what the modules are. The rest of the pictures (aside from Klaus Schulze) came out of Roland literature or he took them himself.

I almost bought a small 3 module System 100-M yesterday, but I got a System 100 model 101 for a better price and carried it directly to a little concert I was invited to. So I was telling people it was from 1976 but I've just had it since this afternoon.