7-Zark-7

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

So why does everyone hate Zark? Did you hate him before you knew his very presence was because of cut Gatchaman scenes, or is that what drove you to damn him.

Personally, I love the little guy.

2. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I think I sort of ignored Zark, rather than hated him, when I first saw BOTP. I only saw BOTP again after I'd watched the Zarkless G-Force, and then Zark became an annoyance because he took up so much screen time and I'd seen what had been removed to make room for him. But hate is too strong a word.

You can't have BOTP without Zark, but you could certainly still have BOTP with a lot less of him.

3. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Like it or not, the series `needs` a narrator, and Zark does that very well. The fact that he is a; isolated but privy to a; `lot` of classified materail, and b; a robot, allows him to keep a sensible distance from the action.

(the fact that he wants to actualy be involved is very telling; Zark is not as impartial as we might think.)

Annoying, yes, but most of the annoying side of him is the music, his voice, and unnecisary interludes.

(hes very different in the Movie)

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Well, I dunno how to put this into words so I'm just gonna type whatever comes to mind:

Zark is BotP's equivalent to GoS's "Dean Andre backbeat", you dig? ;)

Seriously though, he's a face to all of the cutting and trimming that's been done in the background, and his attempts at trying to protect and convince kidvid are mostly laughable. The fact that he's directly related to all of the cuts and changes made from Gatchaman and an American creation makes him the bane of most people's existence.

Just like some people can tolerate Andre's backbeat (there ARE some of you out there, right? :confused: ) I think I can tolerate Zark. Though the fact that a lot of the edits I've seen done to BotP leave the story with some serious plot holes and inconsistency, it makes it real difficult, just like the sound of a repetitous droning synth beat can make some delirious. If the cuts were done neatly and thought out more well then we'd be talking, but I figure it couldn't be helped much.

Oh and Mark, I have something to admit that I've been wanting to for ages now:

Everytime I see your text on this board I picture Casey Kasem in his "Mark" voice orating it. I CAN'T HELP IT! :anime: If it makes you feel better then picture Cam Clarke in his "Dirk" voice everytime you see my text.

Yup, glad I got that off my chest. :D

5. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Argh! Now you've got me doing it! Intonations and everything.

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I am honored!

BIG TEN, CHIEF!!! TINY, TAKE HER UPSTAIRS!!!