Fruits Basket ^_^ FruitsBasket manga/english ^_^

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Eiri yuki, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Eiri yuki

Eiri yuki New Member

Tokyopop has licensed the Fruits Basket, GetBackers, and Ai Yori Aoshi mangas. Which means they will be translated into english (at last) and commercially available.

*so happy*

anyway,Fruits Basket will be released in 2004...

so...wait till then ^^;

i dun know if u ppl knew already but i thought of notifying every1.

2. BulbaGrrrl

BulbaGrrrl New Member

Yaaay!! Fruits Basket! What I can't wait for is for when they get to the manga the anime stopped at. That'll probably take a year+, but very excited!

3. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Well, let's see....when it comes to anime storyline you get stuff up to at least the end of volume six of the manga, plus a few things that come later. For example, they put a few episodic items (visiting Ayame's store, for example) in different places in the anime compared with the manga storyline.

So we probably won't be seeing any truly non-anime stuff until sometime next year if Tokyopop keeps to a two-month production schedule (not sure what the plans are on that, of course). However, there are things that weren't animated at all throughout the first six volumes of the manga, so by no means will we just be getting the same story over and over again.

I've seen a 12-page preview of the translation, and it looks quite good. Very accurate.

~Shadrach Anki