A Few Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ailuro, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Dude. I feel totally ****ing useless now. THANKS FOR RUBBING IT IN MY FACE lovemuffin.

Seeeeriously though. I, ironically enough, found the karma to be the easiest thing to get. And think about it... people HATE me. I've gotten more bad karma than I know what to do with, but apparently not too much since I hit the karma level first. The most difficult parts for me were waiting around for the three months, actually counting the days and hitting the post count. To be quite frank (although I'm still Matt on the inside), I found the post count utterly annoying because I don't tend to specifically spam a certain topic like, oh, the "sick, sick world today" topic (I can't wait to see that one locked) and I don't frequently comment on the writing and art of certain people (albeit it's only proper so I should).

As I said in my post about the karma, I tend to throw my good karma around like it's candy on Halloween, sometimes just to spread it out so I can rep a person who posted something I enjoy. Hell, I'll probably rep BMS, FR, and Ailuro. Reason? You're on the second page. Second is the best, first is the worst and.. something or other about third, I forget how that rhyme goes.

No, I'm not on drugs.

EDIT:

Damn. I repped you recently, Ailuro and BMS. Don't worry... I'll get you two...

2 people like this.
  2. Fushigi Rockna

Oh, I wasn't even aware of the weight thing! Nevermind me then :3

(that also explains why the recent karma I got form Popo was gray.)

So...how much does the karma I give weigh? =O *is now curious*

*contines to wait for Aily*

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

That's a secret. ^_~

Nah, these days FR stock is worth 9. :)

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

*cough* I have a Q, when is someone able to create a blog? It was my understanding some time ago that there were no requirements, and some users who had no posts here whatsoever had blogs. Has this changed at all? Because I believe having a blog is a greater thing to have than a custom avatar.

5. Ailuro

Ailuro New Member

I suppose that's fair. Alright, I agree with those figures.
    Been a pleasure working this out with ya. Thank you!

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It is still publicly available at this time. There were plans for the blog system that have yet to come to fruition. If and when these plans come into effect, they will be visibly announced.

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Great thread, and BMS has summed up our position perfectly.

Reading through related thread, and from PMs, I think we can expand what has been allowed in the Fansubs forums a bit. As you may have noticed, I created a new Torrents forum (under Comp) for unlicensed material. This links to a private BJP tracker which can be used by registered members of the site only. We will STAMP on anyone posting torrents to licensed material, e.g. anything available on DVD, video, etc.

For now, the Torrents forum is in a test period. Read the rules on the forum, and please make recommendations if you feel the rules need to be tightened up. wertitis, if you're happy to mod the forum with me, let me know.

J.
    --

8. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, and as a shortcut to the Power Users group, you can now subscribe through our subscription system :)

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Sweet cloud that is awesome.

On both things.

The rules are a little vague. In my opinion though. Nothing bought is the right way to phrase it. But then that leaves anything not out yet. So maybe "Nothing that could be bought" or just plain anything licensed. Including manga and CD's. Maybe put it if it is mature.

Question now. Can they request unlicensed/not bought on dvd material? It would be neat for a sub-forum on that.

I'll try making a torrent and putting it up after I defrag. Problem is that there is just so much.

I tried leeching last night but it didn't work. I noticed for some people that it did.

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

if it's licensed, we cna get in trouble and/or asked to remove said content. this includes things that have been licensed and sat upon. even if they aren't currently subbing/dubbing it and giving out release info, it's still liscenced. and if animesuki isn't posting it or won't allow it, then there's a good chance it's been licensed and they aren't allowing it for a very good reason.

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Basic rule of thumb - When in doubt, don't post the torrent.

12. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

It seems the torrent software I've installed is crashing MySQL every few hours.

I'm going to have to disable it for now, and look into alternatives.

Sorry :(