Creative Writing A holiday challenge

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Bloodberry, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

In time for the holiday month of doom, i thought we could try to do something to get into the holiday spirit here in the writing forums. ^^

write a short story about a holiday event for this time of year. i'm vague, yes. but there's more to just christmas this time of year; channukah, kwanzaa, christmas...umm..boxing day? o_O -stares at calendar-
    or something in the holiday spirit, togetherness, and that stuff.

now, i'm not saying make it sugary and all happy. but they don't all have to be "death on christmas eve" stories either.

by short, i mean, maybe a couple pages on paper at most. i don't want it to go over 1 post though. if you think you might need more room, then it isn't a short story by this standards. if i have to scroll over half the page to read it, it's too long. (and i have this set at a pretty good dpi, so just...don't)

hmmm a good deadline...just after winter solstice works. that means December 22nd fyi.

did i mention i'm thinking about doing soemthing for the top 3 stories? if there isn't enough people, i'm only doing the top story then. the 2nd and 3rd places will get something from the b.jp store, and i'm still thinking on the first place one, though i'm pretty sure it's not gonna be bad at all *^-^* (/encourage)

so, have at. no cussing and all that jazz.

comments and questions and thoughts on the stories in here. making a thread for submission ONRY. make sure it's titled, or it'll just look bad and lazy =p

(i'm gonna talk to some other people on helping with this btw, so dont' think you can cater to just me =3)

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

so do we post it in the holiday section or in this post i'm just woundering about this

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's the easily marked "submissions onry" thread, should be just below this one.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am posting mine later tonight, BB. Once the little boy has gone to bed. What is the limit?

Come on WRITERS let's get into the christmas spirit.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yeah, write up you people! i know we have alot of people that post on here all kinds of stuff, trying this isn't that huge of a challenge, and it can get you stuff!

>.>

cause with basher, that's only 2 submissions. come tomorrow morning, one of them might get something easy. challenge them and yourselves! =3

and the limit was "short story", so not huge. if you feel uncertain about the length, it might be too long. about 2 pages on paper should do it. (someone suggested 2000 words if you want a word limit, that would work too, but i'm not counting. just a guide if you want)

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

[Drumroll] ...And the winner is~

~W

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

due to lack of participation, there won't be any prizes.

but i DO want to thank matt and basher for their great submissions. they were good reads, and very nicely written. =3 (it would have been tough to choose between the 2 alone heh)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.