A Midsummer Night's Contest!

Discussion in 'News' started by BakaMattSu, Jul 5, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Heyo, Everybody!

This is BakaMattSu, eagerly here to announce the coming of another wonderful MangaToAnime contest!

"But Baka," you say. "Wasn't there already an Anime/Manga Script contest underway? Does this mean it's history?"

Fear not, avid inquisitor, for the Script contest is still up and running, and you still have until September 30th to send off your stuff! But, seeing how it's a wonderful summer...and seeing that there's been an increase in activity around M2A, we figured it'd be great to throw in yet another chance to win fabulous prizes!

Are you addicted to M2A? Are you devoted to the site, or just downright love everything about it? Here's your chance to get something in return for it! All we need from you is an expression of your love for M2A. Yup, that's the contest!

Here's how it works. To enter the contest, all you need do is create *something* to convey yourself. *Anything* that you feel best coveys yourself. It could be an m2a musical theme you composed, a fantastic m2a desktop wallpaper, a 500-word essay detailing all the great times you've had on the forums...or something else entirely. The only qualification is that it has to convey that special feeling as you best can!

The entries will be judged based on creativity, effort, and most importantly - how well your entry portrays the great corner of the web we call MangaToAnime! Be creative and you can't go wrong!

The winning entry will snag two DVDs with the first 16 episodes of Love Hina, a pretty decent sub job too from Hong Kong...but I'm certain it'll be a close contest.

When your entry is ready for judging, send a link to it on the web, and your username over to the contest co-ordinator (baka@mangatoanime.com)...If your entry is 1 Meg or smaller, you can alternatively send it to me as an attachment if you prefer...

Once again, if you need any clarifications, or have any questions regarding the contest or the rules, don't hesitate to ask!

Good Luck, Minna-San!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oops! I forgot to add the contest deadline....

Let's Make Early October a very exciting awards month and close A Midsummer Night's Contest on the same date as the Script Contest...

Bottom Line: Contest Ends - September 30th, 2002.

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I want to enter and I have a n33t idea for what to do, but I can't without my scanner. IT SHALL PAY AND SUFFER!!!
    Man, do I need to get it fixed.

4. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Hehe.. I just though of a cute idea .. I know that I wont win, but I'll still do it

5. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Cool! hmm. Is there any possible project that could sum up M2A??? I don't know. I'll hafta think a bit on this one.

I know I know I know!!!!

6. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

*cracks her knuckles*

Yep, there goes my three free days in August! *is planning on entering both*

~ Aoi

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok So this idea has to best discribe you as a member or how much you like M2A.. Im confused.. Clear it up for me NOW so i can maybe win!

kaMe

8. chupito

chupito New Member

don`t say that toomaa-chan as long as we try we can do it! heheheheh... i`m in, i wilkl draw somthing or write an essay!
    kame why don`t you stole someone`s? j/k:D you surely have any friend who could help you, ne? friends are for this kind of thing:)
    hugs

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CHUPITO... That made NO sense WHAT SO EVER..

KaMe

10. chupito

chupito New Member

ooppppppppppsssssssssss! i really did it again(lol)! okay, i`m out of my mind, really i have so many things to do that i can`t concentrate on doing something, ithink this message was supposed to be DL, but one more time i wrote the right thing to the wrong person!! I`m really sorry kame! it`s just that the things on my life or happening and i can`t control them, and i think i will go mad, or something like that:( just for you gays have a idea: i`m in a project called operationsmiley(.org), they are coming here and i`m helping them... second im working, really working(they are not paying me) with HTML, and with computer(hd, soft)... and i`m learning PHP... and i have to finish those until 19! i`m really sorry, but i will be careful the next time:D

sorry kame

PS: just take a look at my fathers page! sucks, this is why i`m redoing everything. this is the link, if you want to take a look:)holhos.com.br is in portuguese...

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well that A Ok.. Just dont let it hapen again IGHT! And if your not geting paid.. Screw them.. Do what you can and if you don;t finsih you don't finish your not being paid..

KaMe

12. chupito

chupito New Member

Arigatou de gozaru! good idea, but i need to prove that front page is no good, they did that site with Front Page2000 this is why sucks so much! LOL! thanks again kame!

13. sniperx

sniperx New Member

ill be sure to enter this contest ...But do we really get a prize and how will we get that prize ....?:confused:

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, the top judged entry will receive the DVDs noted above. Provided you win, we'll work out shipping them off to you... :)

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

IM STILL CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT WE ARE SUPOSER TO DO!

16. sniperx

sniperx New Member

k thanks for the info .. Oh yea by the way i am done with a wallpaper i made i want to enter it in the contest so do i email it to you or can i just send the URL here...

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

KaMe: It's up to you. You can produce anything you so desire to convey your feelings....poetry, manga, a game...

sniperx: up to you. But whatever you decide, keep things out of the public eye for now... These things'll be on display later, so until then you can mail me the thing, or the URL, or pm it...

18. sniperx

sniperx New Member

k ill email it to u right now..
    And please post Bakkamattsu and tell me if u received the email or not.

19. sniperx

sniperx New Member

did anoybody else enter the contest

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Yup! I'm entering! BMS, It worked! I'm learning to use the kiss program. So far I have your head finished. And you blink!