Fan Art a pic or more that I've pu together.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mika-chan, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

Mika chan,

I am offended on your behalf at the rude remarks made about your pictures. Providing feedback does not mean insulting someone. When I have to provide *constructive* criticism to someone, I tell them what is good and then tell them what can be improved. Merely saying "I don't like this" is offering an opinion, NOT giving criticism.

2. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

It's hard to do any kind of worthwhile artwork or even layout designs in MS Paint. I would highly suggest upgrading to Paint Shop Pro, or, better yet, Photoshop 7.0. If you lack the funds for those, look up a program called The Gimp, it's an open source (aka free) version of photoshop.

The pictures seem to be nothing more than screenshots with very minor editting, there's nothing there to really critique. It's not 'this sucks' material, it's just... well, what are we supposed to say? There's no talent or effort involved in putting a border and text around a screenshot, so there's nothing there to judge. You can't say 'this sucks' about it, because it's not really your own work. You can't say 'this rocks', cause, well, it's a screenshot of someone else's work.

Mika-chan, what I'd do if I were you would be to get a quality photo finishing program, and then see if you can use a scanner at school/work/a friend's/etc, to show us your own talent, rather than an editted screenshot.

Migoto Neko, Roinn was actually giving constructive criticism, just not in the most polite way possible.

Roinn, tact, learn it, use it, love it. :p

Meh, I've said my piece. Let's see how many of you I've ticked off :D

- Ark

3. Roinn

Roinn New Member

Yes, well, years of internet forums have made me bitter.

nnioR~

4. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Yes, I understand that there isn't much there to criticize, but I just started and was just messing around to see what I could do, and what the pics would look like if I converted them to gif from bmp. so i could put them on my site. also, No way my school will let me use the scanner, and I have no friends that have a scanner. Well. i have one, but it won't be hooked up until I have a computer of my own. I understand that most people are bitter, I am too when I critic when I'm in a contest as a judge. Al I wanted to know was if my editing was anygood, and things I might beable to do to improve. I belive I said earlier that they were my first ones and if I didn't, i ment to, Gomen. And about putting my art work on here... I've become very reluctant to nowdays.. It seems that anywhere i go to show my art, there's all ways at least one person that would rather put me down than tell me what needs improving. I've only been drawing for 6 years.. And I'm still improving. yet, I'm not sure if I really should post any type of cg or art I do here anymore, let alone on any type of forum, because I'm getting quite sick of it all. I wasn't at al offended. Just maybe a bit upset that Roinn didn't tell me how i could improve, or tell me something I could use that would work better, even though it's not my original, I did take enough time to trace it and color it to make it look similar to the original done bu Takahashi Rumiko-Sama. I took the time to just test it out and see what I could do at the time. even if it is just simple looking, it takes a lot of work to resize, color, and trace, in some cases outline it. Just depends.

So, you may not see any of my original art for a while... I'm still trying to decide...

Bai,

Mika Kalu

5. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I think the major issue here is that a lot of people thought you had drawn the entire images in paint, which would be a remarkable feat for even a professional graphic artist. Honestly the editting work isn't bad, it's just simple, and therefore not something you can say 'wow' or 'blah' about. As I stated, you want to get ahold of a more advanced program if you want to do anything really good. What you've done is about as good as an edit job with MS Paint can be, which doesn't say much either way. Paint's pretty useless.

It's like handing a nerf bat to someone and expecting them to hit a home run at the Yankee Stadium. It just doesn't happen.

- Ark

6. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

ah, yea, I understand that, ans I'm getting a bit tired of this... but, what does anyone think of the "Knock on the door.." picture? cause that one I did by all means draw in paint.

7. Aiko

Aiko New Member

Guess who's back. ^^;

wow. a year later an no one liked my old piccie??

Let's see if I've improved any since then, shall we? They're still done in paint, but they are completely drawn by me, no cut and pastes. ^^

Well, "Death" is done in Adobe photo Shop Elements, but that was done at school for a project. If you can't tell what it is, it's a picture I did from X by CLAMP.

Attached Files:

8. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

wow
    just saw all the pics and wow
    they are so good
    y pics i try to do on paint suck
    keep up the good worki like them ^_^

9. Aiko

Aiko New Member

Thank you. Eventually I will have an online comic, but I need to get a scanner first. I don't really want to do my comic in MS paint, so I'll work on it at school.

10. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks cool! Keep up the good work...