Creative Writing A story from me!

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Meaikoh, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Here's a story from me. This is just a teaser! Be warned of strange accents! This is part one, if you guys want more parts, ask:

Prologue:

Shinigami or the “Grim Reaper”, prepared to take his victim’s life.

~Wait!~, came the voice that was unmistakably that of a goddess.
    Shinigami turned. It was a strong, but less known goddess. Her name was Faye and was gifted with the sight.

-What is it?-, he asked shortly.

~This world; and perhaps other worlds have yet a need for this mortal.~

-Faye! How can this be? This one is one of the most miserable mortals, on earth or otherwise! It only looks out for itself. In battle, when it is in danger, it simply joins whichever side has the advantage. It has no friends, betrays all and everything and would most likely sell my master its soul with some persuasion!-, said the Grim Reaper, on the edge of a ramble.

~Yes, yes. I know. Yet on these mortal shoulders, the world’s fate is carried. There may even be a time when you, Shinigami, are glad of having spared this one.~

-Impossible! This mortal can achieve nothing but self-satisfaction! I know this for a fact!-

~Spare it! At least for a time!~

-Faye, she gifted with Sight, the mortal has signed all its friends death warrants. It deserves no second chance. Excuse me while I return to my duties.-, said Shinigami, picking up his Scythe.

~Nay! Nay, Shinigami! Spare it or see this world extinguished forever along with every other world in all your domains!~, cried Faye piercingly.

Shinigami scowled.
    -Not possible, Sighted Sister. Now leave me to my work or face the consequences.-
    Taiyo, the sun god, appeared.
    *What foolery doth thou tell my sister?*

-Oh, talk like a normal god!-, said Shinigami. –And it’s no business of yours! I believe that being the sun god has fried your brains!-

*What foolery doth thou tell my sister?*

~He will not spare the mortal who will save us all! He is like a stubborn mule!~

*O mine sister, I shall convince him. Brother, let me tell ye a story.*

-You’re no brother of mine!-

*We are all brothers just by being what we are. Listen, foolish brother. Once before, a mortal hath saved us all. Do you know this mortal’s name? I did not think so. It is not important. He saved whole galaxies from destruction by his bravery. It was a task but for mortal man and he came through, although in the beginning, he was but a common thief and cutthroat.

Does this not tell you that mortals are capricious, as changeable as the winds? They can be made to stay on one path, on a good path, however, if one believes in them. Do you remember when all worlds were new and we were but babes? Mortal babes at that! Fate chose a greater path for us, as it has for this one if my sister is right! Always mortal flesh will be our savior, always has and always will be. Understand this, O my brother?*, finished Taiyo.

-Oh my brother-, mimicked the Reaper. –You starchilds are all alike, so full of valiant stories and adventures. Mortals aren’t really like that at all! They are the scum of our earth and the only reason I personally put up with it is because they are more entertaining than theater! All the pitiful hopes and dreams, sufferings and triumphs! –

~I tell you one last time to spare the mortal or doom us all forever.~, said Faye.

*Spare this one, or spar with me for the rights of its life.*, said Taiyo grimly.

-Oh, keep your stupid mortal! It’s no skin off my back, although truly I tell you this is a mistake.-, replied Shinigami, exasperated. (Actually I think he was afraid of fighting the fiery god.)

~This is good, mine brother.~, said Faye, bowing low and leaving.

-I have business in other mortal homesteads, the human here is yours to play with, Taiyo.-, said Shinigami, disappearing and leaving the scent of cold death behind.

*Play with? I will not play with this mortal’s life. Fate hath a greater path for thee, mortal child, do not waste thy chance.*, said Taiyo, disappearing like a shooting star.

And now tell me, is the mortal a girl or boy???