Movies Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Mar 26, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

"If I wanted to see stars, I'd watch the Academy Awards"
    -The Bloodhound Gang, Right Turn Clyde-

Well, the Oscars were on last night, and I sadly was subjected to watching them. It's amazing how someone who makes a living faking emotion in front of a camera can perform so badly with the real thing, isn't it?
    Anyway, I would like to know who won the award for best screenplay and the one for best song. Those are the only two I care about and didn't see.
    I saw the best musical score and special effects ... those are my other favourites ...

Any help would be appreciated, of course.

2. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

I missed the Oscars, but I asked my mother who won best Screenplay (it's the only one I care about too). She told me she believed it was "A Beautiful Mind".

~ Lady Aoi

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

yah 'A Beautiful Mind' won best film, screenplay too? and Randy Newman's whatever song it was with John Goodman for Monsters Inc. won for best song. well. all I have to say is if this dude gets nominated 18-19 times for an oscar, he should get one I guess.
    Enya was really nervous up there, she's not used to performing, period. I wish she had won the best song.

4. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Enya ? Is shes that Irish singer that did the Lord of the rings soundtrack ??:confused:

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

and the answer is..... yes! she had two songs featured in Howard Shore's Soundtrack. yay! for Howard Shore for winning best Movie Score!!!

6. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Lord of the Rings....*.* The coolest movie...

Anyway! I missed the Oscars ^^;; I wasn't that crazy about it anyway...

:catgirl:

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yeah that was cool how Lord of the Rings won 4 awards, I can't remember which ones they were. well 2 of them were for the soundtrack and computer graphics from what I saw of the Oscars. I was a bit surprised though that Final Fantasy didn't get an award for computer graphics...

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was surprised it wasn't even nominated to run in best animated film.
    Fellowship also won for best makeup.
    I'm not sure about the 4rth one, it may be costumes..

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Russel Crowe deserved the Academy Award for best actor. His acting in "A Beautiful Mind" was breath-taking. Training Day was a sucky movie with sucky characters and Denzil's acting wasnt better than Crowe's

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm so happy Jennifer Connely won for best supporting actress though. 'A Beuatiful Mind' was such a wonderful movie, and it was heightened by the fact it is a true story about John Nash's life. Russell Crowe did an excellent job in the movie. I should see 'Training Day' so I can tell you my comparison's on the two actor's performances. ;)