RPG Masquerade Act I: Heroic Arrival?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Desperate times called for desperate measures.

There was a great hush over what remained of the council of elders, a group that had once been world renowned. Once they had been an organization of great power and one that kept the peace. Their numbers were so large that it was said if all joined hands, they could wrap around the entire world. Presently there were so few, that even the small windswept shack they sat in looked bare in their occupancy.

The times had changed. A great shadow had covered the land, bringing with it unspeakable terror in forms unnatural. The world itself reacted in terrible ways. The seas became violent, entire coastal cities swept away in gigantic tidal waves. The earth itself became infertile, the plants beginning to dry up and die out. Flames no longer gave off heat, causing a wintry chill in front of even the largest bonfire. And the skies were forever turbulent, serving up wicked winstorms with accompanying bursts of lightning.

Chaos insued. The order the elders had established deteriorated, opposed by an empire created by others that no longer trusted their judgment - a distrust often carried further than thoughts or words, but rather through murder.

The remaining elders had one last hope for the world, and a faint one at that. A musty tome of prophecies alluded to four heros from beyond existence who could deliver the world from its impending doom. Summoning had become unstable in the shadow's wake, and the elders had forbidden it on the possiblity of bringing even more terror. Yet, they had no choice.

The small shack was arranged into a makeshift ritual chamber. A large circle occupied most of the space, with the elders huddled around the opposite corner, close to the door. The entire place smelt of rotten wood, and the obvious wear showed signs of several leaks.

Elder Thurgrin chanted in his deep voice before the small summoning circle drawn in rune on the floor. As his incantation finished, a blinding light shot up from around the circle so intense that it brought the very air with it, causing the elders loose robes to flit about.

As it subsided, six shapes had materialized in the circle. It was a strange looking bunch, and a few of the elders cast questionable looks at one another.

Thurgrin paid them no heed, instead addressing his summoned saviours. "Welcome warriors from the eternal demense! We call upon you fabled four in this time of great need. You are humbly beseeched to lend your power and saving grace."

There was silence following, broken by a worried whisper from the back. "The legend spoke of four, but by my count there are six?"

2. "Kyaaaaa~!"

Having thrown up her arms and closed her eyes to brace for the impact with the stone seawall, and to protect against the sudden flash of light, Misuzu was surprised when she found herself uninjured, and in a strange shed. Had she blacked out and been rescued?

She looked around. She was in an old shed. There were others in the room. 5 others were nearby, who looked about as confused as she felt, and there were several older people near the door.

"Welcome warriors from the eternal demense! We call upon you fabled four in this time of great need. You are humbly beseeched to lend your power and saving grace."

Misuzu had no idea what was going on. She decided she'd wait and see how the others responded, first.

3. M-Izumi

M-Izumi Guest

Izumi looked around.

She was standing in the middle of an old shack. five people stood around her; and numerous elders stood before her.

One of them spoke, "Welcome warriors from the eternal demesne! We call upon you fabled four in this time of great need. You are humbly beseeched to lend your power and saving grace."

“Fabled 4?” Izumi prepared to sneeze. This place was extremely unhygienic.

"maybe if i stay here long enough i'll patch this palce up" she thought.

“what exactly are we lending our power of saving grace for?” her voice never wavered as she demanded to know what her power would be used for.

4. Thinking aloud to himself "This is Urzu-7, can anyone copy? This is urzu-7, can anyone copy!?" Then, out of nowhere, someone responded, but not on the radio "Hey, you jerk! Wake up! Do you hear me? I said Wake up!!"

"M-Miss Chidori? Is that you?"
    "Yeah, who do you think? Gosh, you are so lame! Look at you, making a scene, all by yourself. Do us all a favour Sosuke and just wake up!"
    "Ma'am!" He was in his mech, now consious. He opens the A-S, and let's himself out, very silently. At first glare, his eyes were weak. From training, he knew that this was due to the insuficient use of his eyelids on something as potent as the sunlight. But when his eyes came to, he saw a lot of people there. Some were right below his A-S, others were getting up. "Well that's odd. It appears that this ISN'T the island I was doing research on..."

"Welcome!" Said some people below. Sosuke jumped down, took his gun out, pointed it straight at them, and said "Who are you? State your business"

"Who are YOU?" said the other people, and Sosuke responds "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Sergeant Sosuke Sagara" gun cocks "and you are?"

"So...suuuu....keeei?" Says one of the gentlemen, and Sosuke responds "No, it's pronounced 'Soske', the 'u' is silent.....Now, like I said, state your business!!"

5. Trunks awoke in a strange room.

"Welcome warriors from the eternal demense! We call upon you fabled four in this time of great need. You are humbly beseeched to lend your power and saving grace."

Trunks grabbed his sword and placed it on his back. He dusted himself off and looked around. There were five older gentleman and 5 other people standing around him.

"Now, like I said, state your business!!" He heard a guy next him say to them. He had heard them say "fabled four".

"Excuse me. You said "fabled four" but there are six here. Who are you and why are we here.?"

6. "Welcome warriors from the eternal demense! We call upon you fabled four in this time of great need. You are humbly beseeched to lend your power and saving grace."
    okay... what the heck is going on and what happened to the convention center? and why am i with 5 other people in a giant circle with other people dtaring at us and if tyhey said favored four why are there six of us?

"Now, like I said, state your business!!" said someone from the circle

"Excuse me. You said "fabled four" but there are six here. Who are you and why are we here.?" said another one of the 6 mokuba guesed he should call themselves who was standing closer to him.

"i'd also like to know that. i don't know about everyone here but i was in the middle of something important so can you tell us why the heck we are here?"mokuba stated confidently hoping his nervousness didn't show through. there was nothing to do know but wait for the peoples answer

7. M-Izumi

M-Izumi Guest

Izumi sighed she was quickly become impatient, and the idiot shouting with the gun wasn't helping to make her mood any better.

She suddenly felt ill. Using her Alchemy she produced a trash can.

The taste of blood tainted her mouth as she proceeded to vomit.

She pulled a handkerchief from her pocket, and wiped the rest of the blood away.

"no one seems to want to answer any questions, kid" She stated calmly to the young man standing next to her as she began tucking the handkerchief away.

She stepped away from the other five examining the place that now had her contained.

She waited to see what the elders would say.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Elder Thurgrin was locked in place at the end of his speech. He had spent so long practicing it that it flowed out freely when the time had come. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure how best to proceed from there. Questions flew from the summoned six, but they sounded so garbled and distant in the face of his furious thoughts.

One of the other elders crept up beside him and sharply intoned in his ear. "Elder Thurgrin, I believe we need some answers. Namely, why are there more beings than foretold?"

Thurgrin shook his head to focus, before facing the crowd before him again. "Something has gone terribly wrong. You six cannot be the four foretold saviors, for obvious reasons. I'm terribly sorry about all this - I must have misread the incantations."

A chorus of murmurs broke out among the other elders.

"Fear not," Thurgrin interrupted them with a clear confident tone. "I can simply try again. We just need to send these six back again and it will balance the cosmos enough to bring forth our four."

The elders suspiciously watched the six figures as Thurgrin pored over the book of prophecy. After moments of uncomfortable silence, he made a conclusive sound. "Here we are. We just need to calibrate the summoning circle."

Thurgrin looked over to the six. "I'm going to need something personal from each of you for the attunement. A keepsake or scrap of clothing will do."

All eyes fixed on the six.

9. M-Izumi

M-Izumi Guest

Izumi frowned, "You interrupted what I was doing only to send me back?".

She pulled a fresh handkerchief from her pocket.

"One would think that six is better than four, even if one of our six is half" She glanced down at the young man beside her again. Used to making short jokes with Edward; at least this child had a reason to be short he was just that, a juvenile.

It pained her to look at him. His hair and those soft features reminded her of her son, before the homunculus turned him into a monster.

10. Trunks stepped forward, arms crossed. The saijin blood in him was pumping now.

"I, for one. do not wish to go back. I can't sit idly by while people are getting hurt. I'm staying!" he said, "Besides, I haven't had a good fight in a while." he said smiling and cracking his knuckles. The other five looked at him.

"You can return if you like but I'm not." he said staring at them.

11. after the one guy who was near mokuba wanted to fight and announced it mokuba took of his yellow vest and held it out to the people standing in a circle who said they summonded them
    "look, i'm not a fighter i'm just the vice president of Kaiba corp so i'm no use to you to fight or whatever so could you just send me home. i'm never good in any of these kinds of situations anyways."

12. Misuzu was still confused.

"Gao~..."

Seeming reluctant, Misuzu gave her dinosaur plushie to the elder.

"Take care of him, please?"

13. Sosuke looked deeply into his eyes and knew that this person needed help. If they'd got him there before he met Kaname Chidori, he wouldn't have helped. But instead, he pulled out a grenade.

Everyone thought he'd gone mental, but instead, he handed it to the person and said "My name is Sosuke Sagara. Pleased to meet you. If you require assistance, I am the man for the job sir."

14. M-Izumi

M-Izumi Guest

“ If you send us back you’ll have six less people to help you.” Izumi said dragging her finger along the wall.

‘ the dust pile up in here is insane. This has got to be temporary’ she places her hands against the wall, a small gust of wind swept the dust off the wall. ‘ that’s better’ she said as the dust landed in a neat pile at her feet.

Izumi was quickly growing tired of the elders silence.

She left her face expressionless and her body seemingly nonchalant. The handkerchief that she had previously taken out of her pocket was not neatly folded and tucked into her breast pocket.

‘ You’ve got nothing better to do at home, Izumi. You might as well stay’ she told herself.

She gave in to a small yawn.

“what time is it?” she asked, not expecting anyone to answer. But with luck maybe someone would find their voice and tell her.

15. seeing as how mostly everyone else wanted to help he figured there wasn't a big chance of going back home.
    oh well
    it might be fun
    at least i haven't been kidnapped and held hostage to force my big brother into something.
    “what time is it?” asked the one women from before.
    his cell phone had a clock
    so he pulled out his cell phone
    "well it's uhh... that's strange the clock is blinking 12 oclock."
    okay that wasn't much help but a least he had tried.
    maybe one of these elder guys may speak soon

16. Trunks looked over to the man who had pulled out the grenade and the woman with the handkerchief.

"It seems you now have 3 people who are willing to stay." he said to the elder, "all you need is one more." Then trunks looked over to the kid.

"And don't say you can't do anything. Size means nothing. I know of a boy who defeated a very powerful and dangerous enemy and he was about your same age and heigth. So don't say you can't." Then he turned back to the rest of the group.

"So how about that forth member?"

17. "So how about that forth member?"

alright, now i'm thinking about it
    this could be a chance for me to help in a big way instead of just being in the way
    besides, i still remember stuff from the guys in my gang(see original yu-gi-oh vol 3 for details)
    mouba then put his vest back on and said
    "alright, i'll help if noone else will or if you guys think i could help,"
    i then turned to see what the group would say

18. M-Izumi

M-Izumi Guest

"Some of the hardest and most respectable people I know are small." Izumi said, thinking of the eldest Elric brother. “Don’t use your size as an excuse to back out of anything.”

‘Now what’ she thought to herself.

Standing here and giving pep talks was getting old extremely fast.

19. "I agree. Pointess standing and waiting for the enemy will not only give away our position, but also delay our mission. Please answer, what is our point of being here?" Said Sagara. He was ready to take on whatever, as he'd been there long enough. No matter the odds...

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Thurgrin's large hands swept over and grasped the grenade, the small plushie, and before Kaiba could protest, his cell phone. The others had not brought out anything suitable for the task at hand, some intent on staying. The other elders had expected him to speak out, but the old man simply stood still until he was sure they would not change their mind.

He walked back from the summoning circle to rest the objects before the tome of prophecy. Without saying a word, he began to slowly leaf through the pages. Oblivious to everything going on around him, he ignored everyone as he set to his task, making the group before him uncomfortable in his ignorance.

He finally saw the passage he sought and began intoning its arcane script in a loud and clear voice that seemed to shake the room itself. After a time, a faint glow began to slowly appear around the edges of the summoning circle.

Thurgrin's voice continued to gain momentum, intensifying and increasing in volume. The circle seemed in tune with it growing slowly brighter with each word.

And then, a middle-aged man with a flustered face rushed into the house looked beaten and tired. "Elders! General Yanus is coming!"

The elders began whispering in worried hushed tones. Thurgrin did not skip a beat, continuing his intonation.

"Elder Thurgrin, they are heading this way," the man continued, speaking over the older man's loud voice. The latter momentarily made an annoyed stare, but didn't break his speech, even when he began to be shaked. "They demanded to know where you were, and didn't believe us when we-"

There was a startled cry of anguish as he slumped forward, a crossbow bolt protruding from his back. A half dozen men in dark armor spilled in the door, taking up even positions along the back of the room. The man to the front leveled his crossbow again after cocking another bolt as the ring of swords being drawn sounded out from the remaining five others. "Elders of the Golden Rise," he addressed them. "By orders of General Yanus, you are to give yourselves up. If you resist, we are to raze this place to the ground."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.