Ad problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wertitis, Jul 10, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I've noticed that some of the ads in the upper right hand corner tend to interfere with the dropdown menus directly above them. The ad continues to superimpose itself over the dropdown menus keeping us from being able to click any of the links with the exception of the ad itself. This is particularly evident in the red and yellow Toshiba laptop one. Anyone else seeing this? I'm running Firefox 1.0.7

~W

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Haven't had a problem with that before. Try updating Firefox and see if you're getting that problem.

I've seen some rather odd ads before, inlcuding one about horse lovers, but it wasn't as bad as it sounded initially. :p

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

My's up-to-date at the moment until they put something else in or something. Anyway, I haven't had a problem with it yet either. Try getting it up-dated and maybe that should fix the problem.

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I get tons of Vampire Fangs ones..>.> Why, I'm not sure. =/

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

On the boards today I noticed an Ad for www.brogame.com, which is an internet service that levels your World of Warcraft Characters for you, dropping them off at your doorstep all neatly prepared, for a price. I'm 99% positive these forms of transactions (i.e. someone else making money off of Blizzard's game) is illegal and not supported by Blizzard. While I don't know just how much control Cloud has over the ads that are run here, I just thought I'd bring it up- I dun think BJP wants to be associated with illegal activity. So here's a red flag for ya.

~W

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess it's a bigger Google Adsense issue.

I make very little money from these ads, so if I can find a better ad provider, I'm all for it...

7. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I did see something for WoW but I didn't pay any attention to it. I never really look at adds unless I'm rather bored and just want to read stuff, but then I would be reading something else :D

As for the add problem, I'm still not having any problems. Try to up date what ever you use. I'd go with FireFox if you don't have it already. Its much better in my opinion :D

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It happened to me about a week ago. It was one of those funny drop down ones.