One Piece American One Piece Opening

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by That guy!, Jul 6, 2004.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

You can find it here: http://www.gatv.tv/launch/launch.html

It looks like they left Sanji smoking his cigarette and the opening is left alone. But, they slaughtered such a great song and made it sound sort of like the Gummy Bears opening. Bleh...

2. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Actually, if you look carefully, they turned Sanji's cigarette into a lollypop/candy cane thing. Takes a lot of work, and I really don't know what they're going to do in later episodes. They left Smoker-tai alone, but that's probably because he's a "villain" and they don't work by the same rules as the heroes.

They also changed the "wave" from Zoro's swords from red to blue. And the English lyrics are crappy.

Yes, the English opening scares me.

~Shadrach Anki

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm pissed off it says 'Shonen Jump's' One Piece. It's not Shonen Jump who made created the story and animated it. ... I'm just not liking this at all.. yes the candy cane thing? If its a lollipop. I'll kill someone. Sanji is going to be portrayed as some kiddish female molesting pervert. He was a man on a trial for love. but now, with the lollipop.. what the hell?? :bleed: :bleed2:

4. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

...it's like with Shaman King. "Shonen Jump's Shaman King", because, DUH, it ONLY belongs to Shonen Jump. Good grief.

...I fear the One Piece dubs. Just wait. They'll have those same voice actors, the ones that are in, like, every other North American dub. Or, no, wait -- the ones that work for the people dubbing this series. -_-; Gaah. I'm topic-straying. Point is the thought of dubbed One Piece scares me, and this from someone who has yet to see the anime itself. (I read the manga... well, used to read, since... I no longer have access to Shonen Jump...)

5. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

I agree... and once you've heard the voices, it's even worse. ^__^;; They dumb everyone down so far that they're hardly the characters at all...

But as far as the opening goes, I heard that they had done a song with Eric Stuart [who I love...]. Though he still does the opening bit about Gold Roger, for some reason they dropped the song and went with rap. Because pirates are all about the rap...

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

DUB is really bland.

The song is most likely meant for younger audiences.

For instance, like the old old Pokemon (which is still running somehow...)

The first intro wasn't edited, since the lyrics were cheezy enough to make a kid sing to it (I unfortunately know I did....)

But if you look at the new Pokemon intro's, they're all American made so the lyrics could appeal more to Americans, since the japanese intro's are more serious rock-kinda thing, so they can't have that.

Same with One Piece, sadly.

o_O

-Seishin

7. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
    To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
    I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.
    ____________________ , the power that's inside!

Pokemon!

Damn... I used to know all of it... I can't remember that line or the second verse...

And yeah, way off topic... gomen nasai...

8. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

the new theme song is terible well it used to be the only one i had ever heard then i went to YouTube and found the origenal one with subtitles 100% better i mean the music alone is enough is just great but the lyrics are way way better way less kidy

9. Landia_x3

Landia_x3 New Member

Rofl.
    I must be childish or something, 'cause i actually like the theme song. I memorized the words & everything.

Just talent! xD

10. Luffy

1 person likes this.
  11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

~Give it up, give it up...~

...Seriously. Give it up. It's just god awful. It's all in the interests of appealing to little kids. Kinda patronizing when you think about it...

~W

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

That's cuz it's by Kageyama Hironobu, a music legend in Japan!

I looked around on youtube and got something for ya'll. The first to fifth Japanese One Piece openings:

First opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXUOo467w4&search=one piece

2nd opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QHCf-5S0Q&search=one piece opening 2

3rd opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtagh4I79I&search=one piece

4th opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX4tUkmd9W4&search=one piece

5th opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDsRKaknS1Y&search=one piece

13. Luffy

100 million times better then the DUB PIECE OF CRAP!!! CURSE YOU 4KIDS CURSE YOU!!!

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Damn I have never seen something this bad.