Debate AMERICANS: Quit being stupid when you vote!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wertitis, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

But tell me friend, would it not be a most wonderful thing in the world to see Obama or Hillary just cut off Bush and say..'Shut up you douche-bag.'

Back on topic.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

In 4 years I am running for president.

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you'd be a better candidate than palin =p at least you wouldn't claim to be a diplomat because you can "see" a country from an island in your state you've never been too and forget you flew over a bigger one on your way to going to say that =p

and really, it didn't matter who won, the person was gonna get **** on hardcore by the bush aftermath. >.> i pity obama a lot cause he's gonna have to try and get the morons in congress and the house to actually work together and not stick stupid **** where it shouldn't be. (ear marks HA!)

it's gonna be interesting and people are gonna be mad cause he isn't the holy one come to save us all. but compared to grandpa, he's a better option.

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Basher for president in the 2013 election!!!
    I'll vote for you!

5. Basher

First time I voted 2004. I added my dads name as president for the heck of it.

6. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I skipped voting in favor of partying. Kinda my thing. >>

So I pull out of this debate on the grounds of being lazy and apathetic towards the issues.

7. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Well,

He's been in office over a month now, and two HUGE bills have been passed.

Will the new catch phrase for 2009 be --- STIMULUS ????

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'll be honest I find it unlikely that we'll be coming out of this recession for another year or more. With any luck these new bills will help bottom things out. I have to admit I'm impressed with his last stimulus package. There's all sorts of things on there I didn't think we needed, but at least he put his name on it and set up a website where the people can watch how the funds are being utilized.

That said the public still doesn't trust Wall St, and while Wall St is NOT the us economy (no matter how much they want you to believe that) its role has changed in the last year. It used to be a good indicator of things going south in the econ. Now its no longer indicating changes, it's causing them, actually precluding dips and drops. Naturally no one wants to invest and, given the level of scandals and mis-information (Property won't devalue, it's safe) propagated people are starting to call out for nationalizing many entities. As much as it pains me to say it, there are certain aspects of society that probably need to be regulated, as the banks have so kindly iterated.

~W

9. Basher

I like the idea of saving some jobs. I think many places are feeling it.