Fan Art AMV: Princess Tutu - Hilf Mir

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Baphijmm, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Tasukete, an AMV based on the story of Rue / Princess Kraehe (from Princess Tutu).

***SPOILER ALERT*** - If you've not seen Princess Tutu and intend to do so without spoilers, do not watch. This video is highly spoilerific.

Lemme give a little history behind this AMV. Originally, I wanted to do something based on Neon Genesis Evangelion using Rammstein music. At the time, I also wanted to make a Fakir-centric (Fakir is the character in my avatar and sig) AMV, but wasn't sure what to use. When I got Rammstein's album "Rosenrot" and heard the song "Hilf Mir" for the first time, I knew I wanted to use it, but wasn't sure how. I decided the feel was better suited towards Princess Tutu and thus went with the Fakir; as I researched the show for clips, however, I realized the song was actually much better suited to tell Rue's story. Here we are.

A bit of explanation: the song is about a little girl who burns to death when she lights a match at home alone, mistaking it for a plaything. The way I saw it, the little girl is Rue, while the match / fire is Mytho. Thus, the two media are combined. Towards the end, it radiates out to everyone else involved as they all attempt to "help her".

The lyrics are translated at the bottom of the video; originally, I didn't want to do that, but without a good knowledge of German, one has no idea what's going on.

I hope this is okay, and I hope this is the right forum for this. ^^; I also hope y'all enjoy!

2. frommyvalentino

frommyvalentino New Member

That was...amazing. I want to see that anime now. >.< Thanks a lot!
    *needs to find a comic store in this damn city...to rent anime! DAMN!*

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Princess Tutu is a pretty hard-to-find show, unfortunately; even though it was released by ADV Films, several major issues during the release of the second disk (delaying it a full year) as well as lack of proper publicity have taken away retailers' interest in stocking it. About the only place you'll be able to find the show is Amazon, unfortunately.

On another note, because it was requested by several, here's Tasukete without the subtitles.

4. frommyvalentino

frommyvalentino New Member

Aw, that kinda sucks. That's okay, I'm sure I can fine the stolen version...somewhere, lol. Hiiiro! He'd do it for me...if he can find it.