And yet another new forum suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Feb 8, 2004.

1. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Thanks folks,

I will do my best not to let any of you fellow MOD's down. I look forward to the challenge at hand, and getting to work with Mord.

Now we need it passed.....

Victor

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

VM gets my vote

^Shen^

3. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Well, they are related media.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Ditto. Albeit I don't really know VM.

5. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Thanks Dr. Nick,

I'll try not to let you down if this forum ever gets approved. HAs anyone heard from the boss on this suggestion??

Victor

6. Dr. Nick Rivera

Well, I added a link to this thread on my sig, so more people can support it....because maybe there's not enough...?

Either that or they have yet to notice this thread.

7. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Instead of wasting space with another tread I will show my support for the idea in this thread so i would like to support.

8. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Why would you feel odd? I mean, what are you going to post "television" related? I am just asking for examples here, because I am so confused ^^;

If you are talking about TV shows and the like, you can do that, I've done that many times,.. erm, or once.. ^^;

9. Novus

Novus Gone

I could have sworn I said this last night, but if you're going to have TV forum, PLEASE do not merge it with movies. The two mediums are only slightly related; they are as different as "comics" and "manga". Film and television programs are watched differently, marketed differently, produced differently, and considered differently by the general audience. For example, during a boring part of a TV show or during a commercial, a lot of people will stop paying attention, or will look for something else to watch. During an uninteresting part of a movie, you mostly watch it anyway, more or less still paying attention.
    Personally, I go to the movies forum for discussion about various films, to talk about filmmaking, directors, and various elements of the industry itself. I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm looking to talk about something like the upcoming release of Troy or a Pirates of the Carribean sequel, I don't want to have to sort through piles of posts about the last episode of some sitcom or people arguing over whether or not shows on Fox should be allowed in the anime forum.
    The addition of television to the movies forum would seriously alter the forum's use, in what I would consider a move for the worse.

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I.. I just dont see a big difference between movies and TV or comics and manga ^^;
    Sorry ^^;

But I think its ok to post TV related in the Movies section, else there is the Misc forum.

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Yeah, I have to agree with Novus on this. For the love of all that is holy, if you're going to make it, *please* don't make it an add-on or the same forum as the movies forum. :\ I'd really put more into this post, but, really, Novus said all that was needed to be said, so... yah.

On the actual topic of making a television forum at all, I don't entirely care, considering I don't watch any TV show outside of The Simpsons and Law & Order. :p

12. Novus

Novus Gone

I'm a film student when my major allows it. Take my word for it: television and movies are extremely different. They use different styles of writing and directing, different kinds of acting (and different actors and directors even). Differnet cinematographic techniques are used, like visual effects, camera angles and stuff like that.
    While television arose partly due to demand for film in the home, and early film-viewing devices in some odd ways more closely resembled TVs than movie
    projectors, since the late 1950's or whenever it was that TV's began to gain prominence, the mediums have had nothing in common other than the occasional spin-off or a movie shown on network television.

13. Dr. Nick Rivera

So...do you support the idea of a TV forum, Novus? Mebbe not merged with the movies forum?

14. Novus

Novus Gone

A separate forum, yes. Merged, no.
    A new forum would give me a place to torment you all with references to MXC and WPT ... and some more shows with abbreviated names.