Board and Card Games Anime Card Games, All of them in One Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Orion, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

There are tons of Anime Card games either already released or are on their way. I would like to take just a few minutes to explain them to you all, so maybe when they are released or you see them at your local hobby shop, you'll pick some up.

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (Released)

Description: Based around the hit T.V. series, this turn based card game requires you to pit your best cards against your opponents.

Skill: Basically it only takes a little bit of skill when you start out, playing against your friends and what not. But after you've been collecting and putting together a more advanced deck, you can enter a Tournament to test your high level of skill against other highly skilled opponents.

Addictive?: Yeah, very addictive.

2. Poke'Mon (Released)

Description: Again, like Yu-Gi-Oh, it's a card series based off of the hit T.V. show. The concept is to battle your little Poke' palls against your opponents, using Energy and Trainer cards to power/power up your Poke'Mon.

Skill: This is actually kind of tough to learn, but one you get the hang of it, it's nothing.

Addictive?: Yes, for a while. Then it gets old.

3. Duel Masters (Released)

Description: Based off the show, you collect and trade cards until you have a deck, then you battle against your opponents monsters until you break all of their shields and attack them directly, sealing you the win.

Skill: Easy to learn and smooth going, actually one of the more fun card games to learn.

Addictive?: You'll be collecting your cards until you're a Kaijudo master.

4. Naruto (Released)

Description: N/A

Skill: N/A

Addictive?: N/A

(Sorry guys and gals, I have no info on the Naruto Trading Cards. :()

5. Inuyasha Trading Cards (Released)

Description: Based off of the T.V. Show, this card strategy game pits you and your opponent in battle using character cards and power up cards.

Skill: It's a steep curve at first, but when you start to understand it becomes very simple.

Addictive?: Only really addictive when you understand it.

6. Shamen King Cards (Released)

Description: Based off the Manga series, this card game pits you and your opponent in a battle of wit and cunning.

Skill: It's a steep curve at first, but when you start to understand it becomes very simple.

Addictive?: It wasn't addictive enough for me. :(

7. FMA Trading Cards (Released)

Description: I don't have any info on how this plays out, or if it even DOES involve batteling. I think this is just a straight up collecting card series. It has many opf our favorite characters from FMA on them (Ed and Al, Mustang, Hawkeye, Hughes, Scar, and Armstrong, just to name a few)

Please tell me if I missed any! Thank you.

-Ian

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

8. Saber Marionette J Magic: The Gathering - See my thread in the SMJ forum
    [thread]17917[/thread] :catgirl:

These'll never be officially released, but you guys'll have the whole set right at your fingertips. All you'll need to do is print 'em. Then you can play Magic with your favorite characters from SMJ. :)

3. Orion

Orion Gears

Shweet, I want some. Of sourse, I pretty much want anything my greedy little hands can touch.

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Don't we all..don't we all :p

5. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

I never knew there was such thing as anime cards...?? darn, I must be lost or no one gives me info about it....I think everyone here is greedy....tsk,tsk,tsk.... :p

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Man, where have you been? There have been Anime card games since like, the mid to late 90's. My God you've been lost. ^_^

-Ian

7. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Digimon was a fun one. ;)
    And Dragonball Z as well.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Only the first anime card game that existed - Ani-Mayhem:
    http://www.ani-mayhem.com/

9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

hey ian how can you say the pokemon game is hard? its easy basicailly normal battle just with damage counters and energys to let you attack.
    eolution simple too just put the card on top it even takes away your damage
    right about the addiction though :p
    it just becomes something you collect but theirs more and more :eek: it just never stops yet you still :anger2:

Yu gi oh now thats confusing, espicailly for me :blush2: with all those summonings not being aloud to put a card with more than so and so stars without a number of sacrifices:sad:
    and those life points what are to hard to keep count of and stuff.......and things