RPG Archives AnImE CoLlIsIoN 2!!!! Sister Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It is a BakaMattSu idea.

It’s based from the original AnImE CoLlIsIoN.

View it Here

Given permission this will be the sister thread for AnImE CoLlIsIoN 2.

What is AnImE CoLlIsIoN?

An insane RPG.

"Take everything Anime and Cram it together"

This is a strange-type of game show, where I am the GM and take on players as "guests" from their anime series.

Get ready for the Dark Side of BaShEr…

Like it has never been seen before…

For those who really don’t think it is possible…

AnImE CoLlIsIoN!

Checking over the previous guidelines, I will use a revised version of "Anything Goes” as BMS once used.

What is the point of this thing?

Anime Collision is a role-playing game show. One that is not very predictable.

The contestant characters (which are from anything anime-related) compete against the others in order to prove themselves "best of the best.”

However, the trials are more than merely beating the others in combat.

They are a test of skill, stamina, speed, mind, body, heart, and ah luck...

As a player, you are pitted in several pre-determined rounds which are explained as they arrive.

Not Your Ordinary RPG

If you've ever participated in a Role-playing game, you're probably familiar with the concepts of that goes with them. Wither it be the characteristics, the skills, the actions, the combats, and etc. the characters use.

Anime Collision uses quite a few of those elements in order to better focus on the role-playing aspect of the game. Thus, anything goes acts more like a co-operative story, with each player adding their own character's perspective to the mix.

How do I Join?

There are two ways to join in.

The first way to participate is be a competitor.

And with the Game Masters (GM) okay. Which means I have to say yes.

You need to pick an existing anime character from any anime series, video game, or movie. I will even allow Manga characters in.

As an existing character you have very little initial work to do. No profile is necessary. Just say who and what Anime from. The only catch here is you have to make that character believable.

Inuyasha (Inu-Yasha) would not back down from a fight just as Vegeta (DBZ) would not go around helping the elderly cross the street.

These characters are expected to act in certain ways, so your actions can sometimes be limited to make them seem more real. The better you know that character, the better you'll play them - make sure you feel comfortable with that!

The second way if you really don’t like or know how to role play is to judge the competitions. This is a limited space allowed. Only 5. Drop me a PM a.s.a.p. This goes on a first come first get bases. We will correspond via PM.

Another fine point is that Anime Collision is a game show, and as such - usually requests to join once a game has started will have to wait until the next show...

So, Why are There So Many Things With Almost The Same Title?

There are several threads devoted to Anime Collision.

This thread (that is, the one you're reading from right this moment) is the "Sister Thread" section. Any comments or concerns regarding game play, requests to join, or other posts that don't directly involve the game story itself, belong here.

This is just implemented so that the actual game play doesn't suffer whenever there's a new request to join, or a question about a game situation.

"Sister Thread" is open to anyone, so don't hesitate to express any concerns regarding anything, even if you're not a player.

The other thread is where the action is. It is labeled "In Game". Here, it is meant only for the currently authorized players.

The Mode of Play

Play style changes depending on what the situation of the players are in.

The reason for this is based on a two simple scoring methods - Role-playing and Performance (See scoring, below). While you are expected to remain in character as best as you can, you are allowed to apply personal knowledge if you can make it believable. This is usually shunned in role-playing, but due to the mass amount of anime involved, assume your character has had the chance to watch any anime you want...

The Score!

To win in Anime Collision, you need to be equally good at Role-playing and the actual events. At the end of every round, the points will be awarded based on your game performance... and this figure is a hashing of the two.

Every round will have their own point system just because each round has a different element. Before every round it will be said.

How do I Die?

You can't.

In Anime Collision, if your character gets real beaten up, or suffers an immense attack, you aren't killed, merely what will be referred to as "Bonked". When you are bonked, you are temporarily out of commission (unconscious or whatnot) until the end of that Game Round (i.e. if a Mech dropped on you when you were bobbing for apples, you cannot post until everyone else finishes bobbing - unless they all get Mechs dropped on them as well :D ). After this period, you are fully recovered, as if no harm came to you in the first place, and can play as normal.

Characters with "Speech Difficulty"

When playing an intelligent character who can't speak out loud understandably, you are required to both posts in your original form, and a translated form.

Example post using Ryo-ohki from Tenchi:
    HOST: So, how are you feeling, after being flattened by a Mech, Ryo-ohki?

RYO-OHKI: Myaa...aaaooo...
    (It doesn't feel so good...)

Rules Are Never Set In Stone

These are just my meager attempt at rules that BMS once used. If you find something's not working out, or that you have a rule you'd like to bring in, don't think I'm unmovable. Bring it up in the "Sister Thread" section...revisions are most likely to come.

Special Rules

Rules are never set in stone but for each round there will be “Special rules” if the need be. For the most part there shouldn’t be.

Actions in a Round

How much you can post, and when this post can take place is ruled by the current event.

Failure to follow these rules (or those stated by individual events) can result in disqualification from that round.

Definitely no double posting.

"I Don't Think You're Judging Me Fairly, Basher"

Hate to break this to ya, but I'm not the judge when it comes to the scoreboard (though I will step in if need be...). There is a secret panel which works behind the scenes to review player posts and decide based on criteria I give them. These guys or gals make the decisions.

Want to be a secret panel judge? No problem. The only requirement is impartialiality (and obviously not being involved with the current Anime Collision game...). Send me a PM request, and I'll set you up. (This is also posted in part of joining.) But there are limited spots so you better hurry.

Character Elements

Please refrain from referencing anything from your anime that would be considered a 'Spoiler' (quick definition: something major in plot that would make watching that anime less enjoyable).

I’ll be pretty leant on this. It all depends what it is.

So let's get wild and wacky...

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Fo Zeh NoDak, SoCal will serve valiantly as Riza Hawkeye...

3. Fushigi Rockna

FR will come in as Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden, desu.

4. Basher

*Hands to ear* "Judges rule...accepted." :D

*Hands to ear* "Accepted."

"Not only that there are only three judges spot left."

"Now let's..."

"Take everything Anime and Cram it together"

"That's not it though this is a strange-type of gameshow. Where you can play along as either a "guest" or a "judge."

If you spark any interest in playing ANYBODY from ANY ANIME...come on and play..."

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I submit interest in portraying Sagara Sanosuke, the bad boy from Rurouni Kenshin.

6. Basher

Accepted!!!

7. Basher

Waiting for atleast TWO more people willing to join. Come on guys/gals it will be fun.