Roleplaying Games AnImE CoLlIsIoN-R

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

This is the sister thread for AnImE CoLlIsIoN-R.

The original concept was the basis for an insane RPG:
    "Take everything Anime and Cram it together".

That's it...This is a strange-type of game show, where I as GM take on players as "guests" from their anime series...

If you spark any interest in playing ANYBODY from ANYTHING...let's hear it...

And since I think I haven't mentioned it yet... BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID... this isn't gonna be a serious game... more screwed up than most anything I've done before...

Go nuts! Anime, Anime-style, Manga... I will fairly include all of them in the insanity...

Obviously, the more anime you've watched, the more inside-gags you'll get... I plan to make it so the game is playable without having to run out and watch the anime that players choose their characters from, but still to retain their characteristics for the higher enjoyment of those who do...

Okay, then, a quick set of guidelines. I did use my "Anything Goes" as a template, but there are definite differences, so be sure to read:

What is the point of this thing?
    Anime Collsion is a role-playing game show, and not a very predictable one at that. The contestant characters (which are from anything anime-related) compete against the others in order to prove themselves "best of the best"... However, the trials are more than merely beating the other other in combat... they are a test of Skill, Stamina, Speed, Mind, and Luck...

As a player, you are pitted in several pre-determined rounds which are explained as they arrive.

Not Your Ordinary RPG
    If you've ever participated in a Roleplaying game, you're probably familiar with the concepts of characteristics, skills, actions and the die rolling that goes with them. Anime Collision sacrifices quite a few of these elements in order to better focus on the roleplaying aspect of the game. Thus, Anything goes acts more like a co-operative story, with each player adding their own character's perspective to the mix.

How do I Join?
    Simply request to be added. All that's required is a desire to participate, and the Game Master (GM)'s okay. You need to pick an existing anime character from any anime series, video game, or movie.

As an existing character you have very little initial work to do. The only catch here, is you have to make that character believable. Ranma (Ranma 1/2) would not normally back down from a martial arts challenge just as Vegeta (DBZ) would not go around helping the elderly. These characters are expected to act in certain ways, so your actions can sometimes be limited to make them seem more real. As well, the better you know that character, the better you'll play them - make sure you feel comfortable with that!

Another fine point is that Anime Collsion is a game show, and as such - usually requests to join once a game has started will have to wait until the next show...

So, Why are There So Many Things With Almost The Same Title?
    There are several threads devoted to Anime Collision. This thread (that is, the one you're reading from right this moment) is the "Out of Game" section. Any comments or concerns regarding gameplay, requests to join, or other posts that don't directly involve the game story itself, belong here. This is just implemented so that the actual gameplay doesn't suffer whenever there's a new request to join, or a question about a game situation. "Out of Game" is open to anyone, so don't hesitate to express any concerns regarding anything, even if you're not a player.

The other threads are where the action is, with various titles, and a main section entitled "In Play". Here, it is meant only for the currently authorized players, and you are expected to adhere to a few implied rules meant to maintain a sense of fairness, respect, and consideration towards all players.

The remaining threads will appear as needed, and represent special rounds where characters are divided. Confused? During play, some characters will be involved in different events than others - this will be more understandable once you see a game example.

The Mode of Play
    Play style changes depending on what the situation of the player is. The reason for this is based on a two simple scoring methods - Roleplaying and Performance (See scoring, below). While you are expected to remain in character as best as you can, you are allowed to apply personal knowledge if you can make it believable. This is usually shunned in roleplaying, but due to the mass amount of anime involved, assume your character has had the chance to watch any anime you want...

The Score!
    To win in Anime Collision, you need to be equally good at Roleplaying and the actual Events. At the end of every round, points are awarded based on your game performance... and this figure is a hashing of the two.

How do I Die?
    You can't. In Anime Collsion, if your character gets real beaten up, or suffers an immense attack, you aren't killed, merely what will be referred to as "Bonked". When you are bonked, you are temporarily out of commision (unconscious or whatnot) until the end of that Game Round (i.e. if a Mech dropped on you when you were bobbing for apples, you cannot post until everyone else finishes bobbing - unless they all get Mechs dropped on them as well ). After this period, you are fully recovered, as if no harm came to you in the first place, and can play as normal.

Characters with "Speech Difficulty"
    When playing an intelligent character who can't speak out loud understandably, you are required to both post in your original form, and a translated form.

Example post using Ryo-ohki from Tenchi:
    HOST: So, how are you feeling, after being flattened by a Mech, Ryo-ohki?

RYO-OHKI: Myaa...aaaooo...
    (It doesn't feel so good...)

Never Set In Stone
    These are just my meager attempt at rules. If you find something's not working out, or that you have a rule you'd like to bring in, don't think I'm unmovable. Bring it up in the "Out of Game" section...revisions are most likely to come. Until then, enjoy Anime Collsion!

There's no reason why we can't start anytime soon...

All I need is people to finalize if they're playing, and who they're going to be (and where that character is from)...

Example post:

"I hereby state I will participate as Kamatari from Rurouni Kenshin..."

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I was trying to figure out who to play. Who would be the best for all categories. But not any I could think of fits. So...

"I hereby state I will participate in the name of Untied States of Japan as Zero aka Lelouch from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion"