Anime - Filler

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by BakaMattSu, Apr 22, 2007.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've recently picked up this series after putting it off over and over again. I've just started the second season, but I've heard there's a point where a filler arc was introduced in order to give the manga a chance to get adequately ahead. I've not traditionally been a fan of filler in the past, so I now pose two questions.

1) Is the filler arc worth watching?

and

2) What episodes comprise the filler? Basically, if I chose to skip over them, where would I stop watching and pick up again?

2. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

64-109 are fillers.

Tell ya the truth fillers are a load of crap but unlike naruto they have filler characters/scenes that go back into real storyline they also flash back to storyline
    Baka if ya want I will summarize the whole filler arc for you if you dont want to watch it.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'll see what I'm feeling like when I get that far. Like I said, I'm still only about 26 episodes into the series right now. ^^;

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Truth be told it might be in your best interests to watch the filler for a few reasons:

#1: It's over with and they're back into the main arc, so you wont have all the waiting and headaches the rest of us had as it plodded along.

#2: It'll give the main arc time to progress even further. When the main arc picks up once again it gets damn good, so giving it time to get ahead several episodes will probably be a good thing.

The filler was mostly crap, but there were a few cool parts in it, so it wasn't a *complete* waste of time. Definately hang around for when the main arc picks back up.

~W

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I gave up on the anime! I do not like the extra characters, because I feel that they kinda steal away character development of the main characters. I'm just following the manga. I believe that the fillers are what put me off. Eventhough they are over, as some has suggested, I just don't have that desire to watch the anime anymore.

6. wertitis

Take my word for it. Even if you have to skip past the fillers, the Series picks up solid after them. You'll remember why you loved Bleach so much in the first place. It's that good. :3

~W

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am going to have to catch up on it. It has been ages since I watched it. I might have a few episodes...but...not enough to catch up. After the 6th though. ;)

8. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

I quite enjoyed the filler episodes. I quite liked the extra characters too. Although its kinda annoying being taken away from the main action a bit, the fillers can still be pretty good, infact i reckon the last fillers gave ichigo a bit more depth to be honest rather than take it away.

9. Basher

I have to agree the filler isn't a complete waste of time unlike with Naruto. COUGH COUGH

It's a good watch. But I would skip the small parts where the 3 dolls or mod souls come in. Although those got a small laugh.

10. wertitis

I haven't read the manga at all. Is the arc involving Orihime right now filler? The way I see it they still have that mess to deal with in Winter, so right now they're just kinda... filling time?

~W

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Da Bounto Arc is relatively interesting. I mean, If no one tells you it's a filler then it's fine until you get to the end and realize it's a filler.

Only some fights are pointless, but there are only three characters to get acquainted with (yay Rin Rin in her stuffed animal form is the @#$%!), but you're really wanna go with the actual plot.

Oh, and for those that got to Ep. 118...yay Ikkaku!!!

-Seishin

12. Basher

I did read that part. And Orihime arc has happened. But I barely read into it. So I don't know all about the whole Shinigami being there or etc.