Anime/manga section requests

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mangamonkey, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Ok i know there's probably a thread already for this, but i cant find it

How about adding a Masamune shirow section to the anime and manga area. What with the new appleseed movie and all it may be useful?

Also how about a kubotite section (or at least a bleach section) because of the recent american release and announcement of an anime.

If anyone could tell me how to request this stuff properly i'd be much obliged. Also i can understand if the mods don't think there'll be enough interest.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Such a simple thread idea, that it's almost sad that it hasn't been done. Going to sticky this and make it official.

You have an anime or manga title you'd like to request a forum for? Plead your case here from now on. ^^

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Aa! Megami-sama! AA! MEGAMI-SAMA !! AAAAAAAAAA MEGA....Right. I have made my point.

- Teddz

4. Jam Chii

Jam Chii New Member

Azumanga Daioh?

1 person likes this.
  5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'd like to have a Shingetsutan Tsukihime forum. It was recently licensed, and already is quite popular. I know I have Seraphim and MO's support on this one ;)

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Ouuuuh-- Tsukihime- that's something I've started to watch. It's so throught-provoking!

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I suggest Shigetsutan Tsukihime for the next anime forum as well ^___^ there is sooo much to talk about!

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Yep, Tsukihime forum would be great. If ever there was a show that needed some discussion :)

It has a good following here, one that will grow as I get some more people to watch it :) (UK, you are doomed)

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Seraphim recently got me watching Tsukihime and I think that it would be interesting to have a forum for this anime.

10. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I guess this is a little off-topic, but I noticed we don't have a fan stuff section. Or at least a sub section, y'know? I do dubs, subs, fanart, cosplay, amv's- all that good stuff needs a home here at m2a since, in my opinion, it's one of the best aspects of anime and manga- the fandom! The crazy things fans do! Like that guy who built a 20 foot gundam in his backyard. I think crossplay is really cool, too, and it's a shame most people have never seen any or even know it exists.

And I'm sure mods can be strict about crediting the creator, since art theft etc is a no-no.

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

There are a few Manga/Anime forums I wouldn't mind seeing. I would love to see a Hikaru no Go. Thanks to Izzy I really like it. Others I wouldn't mind seeing are YuYu Hakusho or Shaman King or Bleach. All four are now avialable to buy dubbed in the U.S.

12. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

It was my understanding that bleach is still in pre-production

but the manga is being published in the us

Anyway we all post our requests here but how long is it till we got word on whether or not the request will be acted upon? (obviously if a forum appears it's been accepted - but if you're not going to do one for whatever reason could you tell us?)

13. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Last Exile, dammit! :D

Seriously, how many times does a series actually deserve all the hype it gets? And the great thing about LE is that's it's mostly popular with people who actually want to discuss things, rather than just talk about "who do u think is teh HoTtEsT?!?!!1" Last Exile doesn't lend itself to that very well, but it has a lot to discuss. Also, it's only going to be getting more and more popular, since it'll probably air on TechTV again when it's been fully released in December of this year.

Anyway, LE is probably going to be one of the big anime to be remembered from 2003/04, and to date, I haven't seen any of the forums I go to devote a section to it. Boards.jp should be among the first! :D

Besides... I have never, never, never loved a series as much as I love Escaflowne... until Last Exile. It's going to have real staying power, I think.

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

There is a new fanart subgallery in the Art forum. If people wish, I can request from moderators of respected forums to place the cosplay/costume-making, construction, toy making, threads in the fanart section, because I consider those art-forms.
    I see subs, dubs and amvs going in some form of computer/multimedia subforum though.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

We will be experimenting with an option at first, to see how smoothly it goes. Obviously, we cannot create forums to encompass every single request, but many are surely deserving of attention.

Therefore, every few months there will be a "forum rotation". What this means, is the more recently added trial forums will be evaluated based on their content and activeness. Those that are not very active and/or not compelling will be tossed back into the main forums (anime and manga) and a request will take its place.

Will you get word of a rejection? Afraid not. You'll either see the forum appear or not. We just receive so many requests that it'd get fairly repetitive very soon. There are a few things you can do to increase the chances of your request to rotate in:

1) Choose something popular, or at least relatively in the known. This is not to say the obscure series won't get their chance. Rather, they'll have to wait longer. It's simple mathematics - the more fans who know about it, the more likely discussions will happen

2) Be detailed when stating your case. Speak your mind about why your request deserves a chance. The more convincing your arguments, the better your chance. Simply throwing out a series name won't do you much good.

3) Garner support. The more requests we get for a single series, the more demand is shown. Be sure that each supporter states their own unique case.

4) Limit Requests to what your truly want. If you alone drop out 50 suggestions, it's not going to help them much. Quality beats Quantity with requests.

All that said, the first rotation will be happening soon. Stay tuned!

16. Megami-Chan

Megami-Chan New Member

Wolf's Rain is probably well known enough, and certainly has the fanbase (from what I've seen) enough to garner its own forum.

17. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

How silly

Well i just realised how stupid we all are

Wouldnt it be a better idea to create a Misc. section to the anime and manga area?

1. Anyone can start a thread about a series rather than wait for the mods to sift through this thread

2. if it's not popular then the thread will disappear eventually anyway

3. If it is popular then the mods will automatically know about it (after all they have to police it) And can then promote it to its own section

The only problem is as far as i can see is that with complex series' there may be enough topics for discussion to warrant several threads within the misc folder - so there will be several threads for the same series (different topics means it will be difficult for mods to merge threads)

18. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hope I haven't jumped the gun by creating a "Shingetsutan Tsukihime" forum, but perhaps it can be part of rotation #1.

19. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

First rotation is Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Azumanga Daioh, and Bleach.

All three are trial and will go without specific moderators for a month, at which point the forum activity will be evaluated as to which get to stay. No forums are rotating out at the moment, either.

20. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

Wolf's Rain

Well, maybe they should seperate them by company or genre. Going series by series would take too much room from people requesting like we are doing right now.

If they had to do it by show, Wolf's Rain. No doubt about that. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.