Anime Network has redesigned its site.......

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Now, on their "Old School" block page, they have BotP as one of their showcases and have a trailer up for it (which is the opening that i think we've all seen). Their BotP page is still incomplete though. Their G-Force page however, is complete along with some nice artwork and a small description so hey at least its comforting to know that it exists in their minds. Looks like the way they're going about airing BotP & G-Force at the same time is that BotP is airing on the linear stream (which a you know is VERY obscure) and G-Force is airing on the VOD streams (which is more common). No Anime Network in sight for me still, and im going to be pretty busy this last week-and-a-half of the year so i dont know when i'll push to demand it.

Also, one more reason has been added for me wanting TAN:Robotech. I've never seen it despite knowing of its existence for years and when it aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami (which G-Force had a very small stint in that turned out to be the last time it aired on CN and on American television pretty much.). Saw the trailer on the site and REALLY liked the opening theme, awesome stuff. I'd be willing to watch it despite the very mixed opinions on it. Anyone here watched Robotech before? What are your opinons on it?

And now on to Boomerang. I've noticed how much Boomerang has been falling apart ever since BotP left the channel. I'd say it was the most lucrative show to air on Boomerang and possibly brought it its best ratings, but not good enough to keep it there. On January, the scheduling is going to take a turn for the worse (even moreso than now) and of course the rumors of Boomerang being converted into a preschooler's channel still run rampant. It saddens me to see a channel with SUCH great potential being neglected and porrly handled. Similar to how the present-day Cartoon Network and its dreck of shows saddens me and makes me remininsce on the CN of my day (the first generation to grow up with CN). Only shining stars in today's CN are the mainstays Toonami & Adult Swim which i watch on a daily basis. Anyways, im getting way off topic.

I dunno when im going to acquire a DVD player (its a matter of the right time & not money) and in turn, the G-Force DVD's. Anyways, i'd like to wish you guys a happy holiday! Oh, and ill will be turning 18 in 2 weeks. Man, im really getting closer and closer to reaching this much-lauded (IMO) "adulthood".