Comics Anyone know where I can pick up some cheap comics?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Spike Kenshin, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Spike Kenshin

Spike Kenshin New Member

Anyone know where I can pick up some cheap comics (besides Half Price Books, and a comic shop, I don't have a comic shop near me) any help is appriciated.

Thank you for your time
    ~Spike Kenshin

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

and i was about to say half price book store....
    well, i get mine at walden books, on the same aisle as the mangas. they have them in huge varietys, but only some re worth your time.

1 person likes this.
  3. IceLands

IceLands New Member

well for start were do you live, maybe you do have a comic store near by, you just dont know about it.;)

In media play the have some comics you could check that out

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

most media play's though, the few there are(around 100 nation wide at most), usually just carry graphic novels and a tiny, if any, collection of singles. you're better off hunting through your phone book looking for comicbook or collectible shops. some book stores carry comics also. most will carry/order graphic novels. most barnes & nobles and B. dalton's do not carry singles though.
    and define cheap. XD last time i bought comic books, the cover price was $1.95. it's apparently gone up since then, whith only a few series daring to be lower. i blame gloss paper. (which sucks up your fingerprints and removes the ink onto said fingers if you EVER open them and read them...my poor genx books and age of apocalyspe books...;-; )

1 person likes this.
  5. IceLands

IceLands New Member

Media play does sell comics but its not next to the mangas its kinda next to the magazine section, they have like 2 or 3 of those spinning things were comics are held.

6. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

yeh there is a few comics in their, their not that good though, but still their there, their like lying in the magazine section, but I didnt see any spinning shelves you were talking about

1 person likes this.
  7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

always ebay....gotta LOVE ebay.