Comics Archie Comics: Betty or Veronica

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by *Fabee*, Oct 22, 2002.

?

Betty or Veronica?

1. Betty

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Veronica

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No one!!

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I think Betty is better for Archi, because Veronica is *loaded* -.-; and her father doesn't like Archi that much..
    Beside, her being *loaded* won't help both of them, I mean, even if Archi worked himself to death, he won't satisfy Veronica's shopping needs -.-;

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

By the way, that essay ended up making me recall some of my happier moments readin Archie comics.

And I just remembered.

There were dozens of stories staring Archie and the gang as cavemen.

Co-existing with dinosaurs.

This lends support to the 'collapse of civilization, dark age, rebuilding' theory, or the time travel theory.

Why?

Mankind and dinosaurs *did not* live together.

Now, we've also seen Archie in the future, so if it wasnt time travel, those dinos are clones ala Jurassic Park.

Either way, these teenagers are friggin' immortal or some damn thing.

One thing I should add is that there was one story, in the 'modern' era, were they imagined the first date between cave-man and cave-woman. Not surprisingly, these cave-people looked like Archie, Betty, Veronica and the rest of the gang.

So either its a flashback, a blatent lack of creativity, a prophetic vision or ancestral memories.

But not every cavepeople story was told like that...

Archie Editor, Sir, before you die, I'd like to see you put together an official timeline, complete with alternate realities. That'll keep you nice and busy for the next ten decades or so.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Oh my God.

Oh.

My.

God.

[​IMG]

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

a la cherry blossom, all the lesbianism you could want lol
    i should have known that pic would be something other than what i was thinking

5. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

I pick Veronica, it doesn't matter to me

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I've been keeping on eye, and it seems that every day, a few guests stumble onto this thread.

I'm starting to wonder if my rant gave this thread a certain infamy.

Anyway I have a new update.

Betty is just as much a vindictin b1t(h as Veronica, only she keeps it to herself.

One time, she was day dreaming about a high school reunion after 10 years. She had married Archie and Veronica's family fortune had been lost somehow, and Veronica was dirt poor.

SHE'S FANTASIZING ABOUT THIS, PEOPLE.

It's only a matter of time before she breaks out the voodoo dolls, and I'm not sure but she may have already done that...

7. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

Wow. That's a lot of research into the comic. I think he should take Betty cause Veronica just creeps me out.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Research nothin'! I've just got an ungodly memory!

Anyway, something just occured to me.

In response to k0ge:

Why does nobody freak out due to the Chipmunks?

Well, they don't really look like Chipmunks.

And in an age of facial tatooing, sex changes, RuPaul and Michael Jackson, celebreties can get away with anything without anyone really caring. Most people probably think the Chipmunks are just normal humans with a botched surgery or cool makeup.

9. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

They really don't look like chipmunks. and to tell th truth I don't know what you'd consider them. How can you memorize all that? Like I knew a lot about them but I didn't know about being in school for that long.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well, as a kid, I read a lot of Archie comics. And for some reason, lots of things that -shouldn't matter- end up sticking with me, no matter if I actually care or not.

Anyway, it seemed like all the time they were advertising the 'Archie Americana Collection - The Nifty Fifties' along with the 60s, and 70s collections. Plus Archie Comics has a really bad habit, and thats recycling old stories. Buy an Archie Digest Magazine (or better, Double Digest), and at best theres only gonna be a couple truly new stories. Most of them are just recycled.

11. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

yeah i've bought some for my little cousin and she kept complaining that she already had them. i thought cause the covers were different they would be. but her opinion is she likes veronica and archie cause veronica's prettier.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

How little is she?!

Betty and Veronica are identical except for hair colour, hair length and possibly eye colours...

As a little kid I didn't care if I had read most of the stories already, for a while anyway. I read it ALL. And I'd keep reading it, for months, and maybe even years. Eventually I just got sick of all the repitition.

13. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

she's 9 and she does notice things. i think she has something aginst blondes. i really think she has something against blondes. veronica's hair is brunnette and long so she think's she's prettier. i don't think she notices that veronica's cruel and annoying.

looking at the poll. people would rather have archir with no one then veronica. how cute.

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Whoa!

Looks like I forgot!

There's an Archie Comic Archive paperback for the strips from the FOURTIES.

So now Archie and company have been in high school for aroiund 60ish years. Or they compressed 60 years worth of fads and fashion into those years.

Plus theres the continuity question: Archie and company -still- grew up in a 90s tech level era. What happened???

15. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

i don't know but it seems like the comics are getting really dull.

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Personally, Im prone to believe its the same crap, bigger pile. In other words, its just recycled over and over with minor changes.

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Ok, theres at least a few views of this everyday, despite the fact that it hasnt been posted in for a while.

I'm wondering if maybe some site discovered this, and decided to link it for a laugh. If this is true, then would some viewer please register and give me the link to the source site?

18. Kami

Kami New Member

Neph is never going to change. WEll now I'm going to serch for a site. Thanks Neph. Even more work for me.

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Bah, you know you love it.

Well, you dont -have- to, and I was referring to people who came to this site from any site which had this linked...

but now I can brag to my friends: "Yeah, tonight, I had this totally wicked brunette going out of her way to do things for me."

20. Kami

Kami New Member

A totally wicked? Nah I'm the raddest brunnette you know. I'm een better than both Veronica and Betty.