ARRGGHHHH! HELP!

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Hibiki Joji, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Hibiki Joji

Hibiki Joji Guest

IS THERE GOING TO BE LOVE HINA SEASON 2????????IT CANT END THERE!

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

According to Ken Akamatsu's website, no, there will be no more episodes. Try the Manga!

-UK

<and please... we can hear you fine even if you don't shout, no caps only posts please!>

[This message has been edited by UrashimaKeitaro (edited 09-30-2001).]

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

IS THE MANGA STILL RUNNING?!

BakaMattSu, "Mr. Shouty"....

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Welcome to mangatoanime Hibiki Joji [​IMG]

Have you seen eps 25 and the spring and Christmas special?

Hmmm, does anyone have the url where I can find the manga's?

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Yeah, i was hoping for another season.. near the end of the Spring Special when they were all talking about heading around the south pacific with Nyamo to look for paralantis, I was thinking that would be kinda cool.. that got squashed pretty quick tho

And the first season was manga 1-8, there are at least 5 more, almost enough for another season, 'cept they keep turning whole volumes into an ep or special. drat.

and baka, what's that about filling in for registered users?
    ---------------
    ouch

[This message has been edited by MamiyaOtaru (edited 10-01-2001).]

7. UrashimaKeitaro

Yes, the Manga is still running, with the recent release of vol 12 and the upcoming release of 13, the Manga is still going strong.

-UK

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Then is the creator (Ken Akamatsu) opposed to the anime versions continuing, or what's the deal? I mean, he, himself, had guest appearance in several eps, right?

It seems to have a large enough following to me....

Mamiya: Someone's got to post in place of the many users who have registered and not made a post yet, and that someone just might be me!

BakaMattSu, change 2 letters, and he's the creator of Love Hina!!!!

9. UrashimaKeitaro

I only know what I've read... which is that the anime will have no more episodes, they didn't say anything about specials/movies/etc.

As for Akamatsu-san's attitudes towards anime? I know he appeared in *both* specials, no episodes that I'm aware of though. I like the Manga more than the Anime, personally, but that's just me. (I do really like both, just the Manga moreso) I hope he doesn't continue solely on the basis of popularity, that kind of continuance usually ends up in inferior quality.

-UK

10. MamiyaOtaru

Agreed there. That is why it would have been cool to use the 5+ eps of newer manga to base a new season on, but like I said, one volume=one special..

Continuation based on popularity would suck, I can see it now, the addition of more 12 year old girls to the cast. There is a whole herd already, why not have some more?

And just how many ways could Keitaro and Naru say they like each other without really getting it? Ah well. A continuation would prolly require things to change a bit, and how often do characters ever really change through the seasons in other animes?

Besides, the big question of who the promised one is has been answered, what's left?

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Popularity? That wasn't what I was intending with the "Large enough following" was that there was enough audience to produce the series in the first place...Not that it should change or continue just to appease the 'crowd', but that there was enough basis to budget it well enough...

Yeah, one episode/special per manga does kind of eliminate material...

And, didn't we get to the point of Naru and Keitaro getting together?! The next season would be less about 'the mysterious child from the past', and their continuing trial for Toudai...and attendance...

Why does everyone keep saying the "Big Question is Answered"? I keep finding myself secondguessing between 2 or 3 choices... [​IMG]

BakaMattSu, who said popularity was always inferior? It's fine, as long as it's not the only reason for continuation...

12. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

umm hey ya guyzz,
    umm just one more question for the pro's in here LOL, ummm , can anyone hack into programs?? can you send the instructions to my email address or give me a anime site for the hacking stuff, i just want to hack into some PC games, BATTLEZONE --> MULTIPLAYER , ya know cheats, that kind of stuff LOL, ohh by the way thanks alot if ya send them to me??

------------------
    Zub-Sero, the lonesome warrior **

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Zub...you are too damn funny...

I think Love Hina did quite nicely as an anime, I mean, we should let poor Keitaro rest.

still have to see the Christmas special though [​IMG]

14. UrashimaKeitaro

Love Hina had a Wonderful Anime run, all I'd do with it is one movie or one more OVA, I'm still more than contented to read the manga though, I find myself liking the manga more for some reason.

Zub, what are you talking about? an anime hacking site? closest I can come to that would be:
    [​IMG]
    but that's just classic engrish.
    I've hexedited programs back in the glory days of DOS, but nothing recently, that's MO's department.

-UK

/edited to fix image link

[This message has been edited by UrashimaKeitaro (edited 10-12-2001).]

15. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

Umm, its not a manga game LOL, its a Activision Game, and you play online with other gamers, but i am loosing man, i need hackers stuff to win !! LOL

------------------
    Zub-Sero, When the Love is gone, i will apear and save the world! THe LONESOME WARRIOR !

16. Mr. J

Mr. J New Member

Actually, I've come to find out that there'll be a 3-volume OVA kickin' off sometime soon that Akamtsu's overseein'. It's supposed to bring in Keitaro's adopted sister in the first ep. I've only read up to vol. 8 of the bilingual manga, so I've no idea where all that may lead, seein' as how more of the story's been told thus-far in the anime.

17. MamiyaOtaru

Actually more's been told in the manga, just that you haven't read that far I guess. 3 OAVs would be cool. Not quite as cool as another season, but hey. Then again, how much longer can they drag it all out? And why do we need to get yet another little girl running around?

18. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I guess they can keep on going with the series as long as there are more manga's created.

Are the ova's based on part of the manga though?, maybe volume 13? *looks over to UK*

19. Mr. J

Mr. J New Member

Yes, they'll be based on the manga. Which incidentally is ending with vol. 14.

20. UrashimaKeitaro

Thanks for handling that, Mr. J, BTW, welcome to MangatoAnime, we're glad to have you!

-UK