art: anime vs manga

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Sen, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i have seen a few pages of the love hina manga an well...the artwork is really pretty.

in the anime, meh, the girls look fat

>=|

why is that?

1 person likes this.
  2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Did they really?

Eh, maybe it's because the people that drew the anime weren't so good at drawing them (not as good as Ken at least...).

Or, maybe it's the defenition that the anime had or something like that.....

Or, well, it's not that the girls look fat, I think they just looked a little bit more....."filled", than in the manga version. The change from Manga to Anime sometimes does that too. Well, that's all i could think of, hopefuly i was of some help or something....

-Seishin

3. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

well of course, not many people have akamatsu's skills but thats no excuse for drawing them fat =(
    i think they made them fat on purpouse, and that sucks

4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I think they came up looking a bit overweight since they we're so rushed. Or maybe it's easier to draw them like that. I personally preffer the manga artwork more.
    You can tell Akamatsu took his time on it.

- K

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I always thought it was a design thing. I mean, Love Hina manga characters look great on paper. But, I don't think they'd look any good animated.

I think they tried to do that very same thing with Negima, as far as keeping the art as close to manga as possible...but there are already many instances of shoddy animation.

Then again, Love Hina Again looked a lot better than both Negima and LH TV. But, that's probably because a lot more money and development went into its production than either TV series.

In all, I'm *rather* happy at LH TV. It isn't the best, but I thought the conveyed Mutsumi really well, and they had Kaolla and Shinobu down pat.

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Love Hina again was probably the "only" Akamatsu anime that looked really good. One thing that annoyed me with Negima was probably the eyes of Asuka. I mean, light blue and purple?!

If I had to choose between an anime or a manga work of Akamatsu, I'd go for Manga. The artwork looks much neater in the manga than the anime.

But then again, I need to have the entire Love Hina anime collection.

- Teddz

7. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

i usually like the book version of any movie, gives more insight......and this anime is no diferent. the artwork, the insiht, the funny moments, sighs*. of course the anime was pretty good as well.

8. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

hi! :p

manga, Manga, MANGA

the anime is okay but... keitaros voice is strange and naru is nicer to him. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT! :anger2: the manga is better, naru is meaner to keitaro and I don't know why but it looks better!

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Are you talking about the English voice? Because if so, then yes, i too thought his voice was really unfit with the character. But i think that the Japanese voice acting cast did terrific.

-Seishin

10. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

The manga is much better because the drawings are much better made. The girls are cuter and everything is funnier :D.

11. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I haven't ever saw the manga, so um...couldn't have a comment for it. 'Tis almost impossible to come across a manga. =|