Books Artemis Fowl

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Hitohiro, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Anyone ever read this series? It's actually pretty good. Its about a 13 year old Irish genius who is a conartist and a thief and who also discovers The People. The People are the fairies, pixies, etc. Throughout the series he becomes friends with them. There are 4 books in all:

Artemis Fowl
    Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
    Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
    Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception.

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Yesh I do...

Just because a female friend of mine forced me to read those. (and watch naruto)

>_>

- Teddz

1 person likes this.
  3. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I read the first one and I liked it at first but in about the middle I got bored. Just the whole thing with the faries and stuff, I just really didn't want to read about it. And for some reason I don't like reading about people younger than me so that could have done something with that too.(I'm 14, you should know that!! lol jk.)

4. Orion

Orion Gears

I've never read any of the books, although people do say they aren't bad. Maybe I'll check them out some day. I just never really grasped the story when whoever it was explained the plot to me. Guess I spaced out. ;) That's Ian for ya guys.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've read the first 3, but i haven't gotten around to reading the last one. I remember a critic describing the first book as "Die Hard with Faries". I didin't think it was very Die Hard but i still thought that it was a good book. They we're ment to be making a movie of the book as well, last i heard they were looking around Ireland for some kid to play Artemis, but that was something like over 2 years ago.

I thought some of the things in it were pretty funny such as the whole explanation of L.E.P.Recon, and how that was interpertated in the human world. I think the books are well written, i enjoyed the first one as i thought that his way out of the seige was really clever, but i think that number 2 was my favorite.

6. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I read the first two some time ago and thought they were pretty good, but I never got around to picking up the third one.... I might have to reread the first two if I ever wanted to, though, because I don't remember anything =P

7. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I read the second one, and got bored. I don't know why, i usaully love books like those..@_@

8. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Hmm... It is in my opinion that the books are pretty good. I haven't finished the third one though... can't find it =( my room must have eaten it. Tragic really.

9. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I'm almost finished with the fourth. One of my favorite series. A movie you say?

10. headstrong

headstrong New Member

ive read all of them and have fallen in love with it have the artic one and the last one. Im just waiting for the moive to come out.

11. Hitokiri Tenma

Hitokiri Tenma New Member

I've read the first two. I can't seem to find the last two.

12. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Barnes & Nobles or Borders should have them.

13. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

my friend keeps trying to convince me to read these but I haven't got round to it....yet.

14. headstrong

headstrong New Member

you should its a great book to read and one you wont wont to put down, i just go done reading HP 6 and im wonting to read the 7th but its not out yet.

15. Fushigi Rockna

I love Artemis Fowl. Kinda funny how I ended up reading it. A friend of mine had signed it out at the library, and during French class she came up to me and was like "[FR]!!!!! Read this! The first few paragraphs!!! It sounds just like Kaiba!!!"
    And you know that name always gets me to do anything. :rolleyes:
    So I read them and was like" Holy SH**!!! o_O He's like a little Kaiba!"
    I then attempted to steal the book from my friend.

I read the Opal Deception recently. A little disappointed somehow...I think it was because it moved so much faster than the others, and there was something lacking about Arty this time...not enough of him? Not enough of him being the way he usually is? Soemthing just left me wnating more out of him. Nevertheless, i really liked the end of it.

Since it's been a while since I read the others, I cna't exactly pick a fav, but it would either be 2 or 3...3 had a lot less fairy stuff which was one thing about the book that bored me at times, and had a lot of Arty. XD
    I read 3 before 2. Oo

Juliet tho...what an awesome character. XD I laugh at the fact she's into pro-wrestling...

But me and a friend were tlaking about this the other day, and he's an Artemis Fowl fan too, but he doesn't like Yuugiou much at all, but the instant I said "I keep on picturing Artemis as a younger, black haired Kaiba" and he said "OMG, me too X_X"

16. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Well i finally read it and I really enjoyed it. Much more than I thought I would actually, although i read the eternity code first....must start reading books in cronilogical order..

17. headstrong

headstrong New Member

well that good luv i hope you did injoy it luv there are some other coolbooks out there my fav. is the harry potter ones but im just werid like that me mum got the 4thmoive last night im going home and waching it seeing ive yet to see it but i did get to see walk the line and man that was the great.

18. shadow_fox

shadow_fox New Member

i've read all the Artemis Fowl books already,it's a pretty good series,the last one was my favorite:)

19. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Would you ever consider to have an Artemis fowl movie in the likes of the HP ones? I mean, they are pretty popular...

- Teddz

20. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

i read the first one and had to do a book report about it and i lookd like a retard because the only thing i was doing was talking about fairys yea it was bad but it was really ok for the first few pages then got boreing but hey some people like it