Attachment limits

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by furryb, Oct 20, 2006.

1. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

I was trying to attach a file earlier and I got this upload error from the pop up.

I erased a few attachments to clear some space but to no avail. Is there a new cap on the number/capacity of attachments you can have/use or is there some other issue? Right now the total sum of my attachments is 2.02 MB.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I suggest a photobucket account.

Or delete past your 1.12 MB quota

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The forums attachment limits are shared with blogging group attachment limit.

For now, I've upped the granted space to 5MB, since it appears simply creating a blog area for yourself puts you over the 1MB limit previously in place.

The issue is flagged and we will look into a more permanent solution. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

4. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Thanks for the quick responses. This wasn't much of an inconvenience since I have a gallery here but I was concerned other users were having similar issues. :eek:

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Oh gallery.

What is the standard quota? I think mine is at 500 kb. lol

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Thanks for the quick response, as stated, but I'll assume that the 5MB quota wasn't applied for Super Mods :p

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It was a fix specifically for any users who are part of the "bloggers" usergroup. The limit should only have affected users with a blog and the fix should have likewise solved it for said users.

Edit: Did a bit of digging and found that the art gallery attachments also eat from the same pie. I've lifted the limit altogether for the time being.