Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Jaken, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I would like to suggest some sort of Avatar Organization system. So when you are looking for a new avatar you can easily find and select one. There seems to be no particular arrangement, currently, and it takes much time to look through all the pages of Avatars.

I thought of a couple different ways of organization:

• Alphabetically, by the name of the character featured in the Avatar. For example you would have an index page with link's to each letter's page.(A, B, C etc.) And there you would find all the characters with names starting with that letter. it would work like this:

Index
      |_Letter
      |_Avatars

• Another way i thought of was to organize them by Series or show. So you would have an index page filled with links to different Series pages (Inuyasha, Hellsing, Chobits, etc.), where you can find each individual character from that show or series.

Index
      |_Series Name
      |_Avatars

Would this be possilble?

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

hmm, it used to be organized by Series name which was alphabitical ordered.. but I guess it was changed with the new VB version..

3. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Ooh, I second that. When I first registered I found the Dilandau avatar within a short time, but then I deleted it while trying to figure out if I could upload my own - and then spent a good 15+ minutes trying to find it again. XD Either proposed system would be really helpful, but I think that organising by series is probably the better option.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, the migration did mess things up quite a bit in way of avatars, didn't it?

I will make a note to clean it up sometime within the week. :)

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you mean like, a drop down list or button option to choose how you want them sorted? that way, it might be easier if you kow the name, but not the series, and vice versa...

6. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I don't care to much about that but can ya tell me how to get a custom avatar????? :anger2:

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Um . . .in the art forum. . .there is a thread, for requests. Its called somthing like "Banner And Avatar requests" or somthing like that. I dont know if it is open or active at them moment tho. I am sure you can find it though. ^^

8. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

It's in the same forum, its the stickied one by BakaMattSu.. just make sure to real the first page :p
    Actually, this one has two parts, one for only resizing the avatars then you take the resized avatar and post it in this forum, as for the 2nd part is to ask others to make you a special signature/banner for you to use in m2a.. maybe out of m2a as well, I don't know really ^^;

9. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

oh, please! it took me ages to find one of Ed! my computer is so slow...

10. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i think sorting the avatars would be a great idea!
    sorting them alpabetticly or by anime/manga/game.
    i support it

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Avatars are now sorted into their individual categories by Anime, Manga, or Game title. When you change your avatar, just select the category desired from the drop down to narrow down your hunt.

As a bonus, I expanded and cleaned up our MegaTokyo collection (the quality and small selection in there was bugging me for some time), and added in some Azumanga Avatars.

See how the system works for you as opposed to the old "catch all dropdown", and as always express your thoughts or concerns here.