Awards

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jedimdo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think we should keep them. It just for fun. Those who become upset by this could just post a simple message saying leave me out of this. Only problem that I see is that people are insecure with themselves or care to much about what others think about themselves. Like in senior year when you picked for your classmates what they were they didn't have the "most likely to work at a fast food joint." Like I said before it is just for fun. I on the other hand wouldn't mind being the meanest mod or the biggest *****. Plus the negative comments could be for the good. Let's say I got the dumbest user vote then I could start reading the dictionary. Plus there are both negative and postive things in life. So just deal with it.

You could still be the meanest mod and stay here forever. Being mean doesn't necessary mean you will leave.

Okay here is an idea. Plus I couldn't help myself I think it is funny. Just my unusual character of humor I guess.

Best Meanest User
    Best Meanest noob
    Best Meanest Mod
    Best Worest Artist
    Best Dumbest User

Now we have a negative statement and a postive remark which now makes them neutral. It works if you understand plain logic or math in this case.

Of course the worest and dumbest are a little mean. But what can I say I want to be the meanest mod. Cloud probably will shoot it down but I can still try.

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree with Jaken - negative ones aren't awards, they are punishments! Jaken, I hope you will make a good Awards moderator :)

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What I meant was, I'd be hurt and possibly leave, see, I used myself as an example. I probably wouldn't, but I wouldn't want any users feelings hurt. Ya it's life, as you say, but let's leave a bit of that harshness behind while here if we can in anything.

I'm a little confused about what Cloud said, but if congratulations are in order, I give them to Jaken.

4. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

something about newbies would be great... i'm saying this because being me a newbie, i would like to be incentivated to progress and to learn even more here... by my little amount of post i've already learned a lot and being apreciated by saying something smart is always good...

ward... the best progress

or

the best newbie?????????????????? :)

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Wow.. freaky.. I was thinking the same thing few days ago.. but was about the best member, best mod and best forum.. (I saw that in an another board).

I think best avatar, sig, post.. etc are too much. There are over 4000 members in this board, I don't think we can manage to check each avatar and sig and thousands of posts to see the best among them..

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

There are 4000 members but very few are active. We don't need to check the inactive members for their avatars and signatures, Zanza.

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Mod? Sure, sounds like fun. :)

Ceil, thanks for the congrats, I guess.