Azumanga Daioh and Initial D forum

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by jindo, Aug 5, 2003.

1. jindo

jindo New Member

Just a thought if M2A can make a forums based on upcoming promsing series. :)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Upcoming? As in licensed release outside of Japan, right?

Initial D is coming in September, and is sure to cause a stir.

ADV has Azumanga under its wing, but no release date is set as of yet.

As with all forum requests, if there's enough shown interest, an individual board is warranted. The problem with creating boards without the appropriate present fanbase is that they stagnate fairly quickly. Create enough stir in the general Anime/Manga forums, and we'll make it so. Otherwise, it's playing the hit or miss game...

3. jindo

jindo New Member

Thanks for the explanation. :cool:

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Jindo, there are a total of about 6 AzuDai fans here. Mordeth, K0ge, you, myself, myself and myself. Not enough to create much of a board. There is, however an AzuDai thread or two floating around...see if you can generate interest in that.

And as far as Initial D...umm, not that many people here are car people :(. But, Battle Stage! Hehee...I happen to be a car person, but didn't really car much for the story. But, who knows, there might be some loyal support for this.

5. jindo

jindo New Member

I wasn't into cars myself; believe it or not I actually learned and appriciate more about cars after watching the series.

I just hope that many fans can give Initial D and Azumanga a chance because I'm sure they'll enjoy it the moment they see it.

:)

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

*ehhem* you forgot someone here --;
    I am not a BIG fan, but I've seen episode 1 andd would like to see the rest :)
    I lover Fast & Ferious [the movie] because it was about cars *yummy!!* but dunno about animated ones :p
    You see, I didn't like Speed Racer, and few days ago, I saw Driver-X, was ok :)

7. jindo

jindo New Member

Cool, another Azumanga fan. :cool:

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Oh, yes, we talk MUCH about azudai zanza. Honestly, I only listed those I know for sure were fans of the series...and I happened to talk to k0ge and Mord about this a lot. ^_^

And it's eX-Driver, *and* you should be gutted for liking "the Fast and the Furious". ^_^ There's no real racing other than pure reaction time in drag, unless you have a 400+ hp car and you have to keep it on the road. Initial D is racing on the mountain paths, meaning there's: tight turns, fast corners, someone else in your line of driving, etc.

Like I said, I didn't like the story of Initial D, but the racing was really well done, especially for something animated. Try watching it (where there's an episode with racing, please) and see if you like it. You gave Speed Racer and eX-Driver a chance...why not Initial D?

Oh, FYI, there's an initial D wannabe out there. It's called "Other Rev" and this time, it's a girl! Heh. Yeah, anyway, instead of a AE-86 (Hachiroku for you D-nuts) the main character uses a mid to late 1980's Toyota MR2. Hmm, seems Toyota has SOMETHING going on with those older cars of theirs. ^_^

9. Osaka

Osaka New Member

hey! I'm a Azudai fan too! *points to sig* oh and *points to name* I'm sure more people like it but ya just don't know it yet. The possiblitys of BMS adding a azudai forum is slim though. *sigh*
    and isn't exiz a fan? I mean he has the avi of it.

^-^ ah well nice try anyway.

10. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

<- Azumanga Daioh fan - one who is sad to have seen all of it :( I think I can add UK and YK, in whose presence I watched it, to the list as well.

Initial D.. I watched about 3 episodes before realizing it was Drag-on Ball in cars :D There are plenty of people who like it though, and I do anxiously await the advent of the Initial D mod for Racer

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Me Neither! in anime club we watched episode 14 and I thought it was a horrible anime due to the animation. but then I got some episodes from the beginning and was hooked! The music and story really make this anime worth seeing and the anticipation to seeing the next episode was reall strong sometimes I'd watch 5 or 6 episodes in a row. I'm proud to say I've seen all of Initial D animation out to date ^__^

12. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I'm a bit of a Azu fan myself, and would support a forum, maybe. As for Initial D... I like cars, I really do, but just as the titles state my Initial reaction was Distasteful, I could stand stand watching it. Of course that just my fruitless opinion.