Computers Azureus Error

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Sebastien, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I keep on getting the "There are no more files, getCanonicalPath fails" error when I start any torrent. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't work How do I solve this problem?

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Use another client ;) I've had problems with Azureus too, it kept reporting wrong percentages -

I went for ABC first and then BitComet after a recommendation on IRC...

Hope this helps,

John.
    --

1 person likes this.
  3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I think you're one of those unfortunate few who can't work Azureus right. Did you try saving the torrent to your hard drive and opening it from there?

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I guess I could try using another client, but I've been using Azureus for a long time, and I really really like it! XD Saving the torrent on my hard drive and opening it from there doesn't seem to change anything.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I'd recommend ABC, I swapped from Torrentstorm to ABC, and I love it. It's simple, and haven't brought any major problems to me :p

- Teddz

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I have been getting some Java error once in a while. I like Azureus, but to thoes who tried both Az and ABC, which one is better and which downloads faster? I have like 100 BT files are awaiting to be downloaded xD

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

ABC downloads faster (at lest in my computer it did...). But Az wasn't much slower. It depends, in some files, Az was faster than ABC, but i'd still go for ABC (my advice)...

-Seishin

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Azureus any day. ABC was not to my liking. Bitlord was handy but Azureus just felt a lot more... robust.

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I did actually make another change from ABC. I ended up with BitComet, and that program is probably the one for me. Great functions and easy to use system.

- Teddz

10. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

ABC seemed the best Id tried and its what Im using atm. I think i was put off by Azureus for some reason. is it a java app? I think that prob was why, I never tried a java app I liked, i also hear its a memory monster.

I will definitly try BitComet though, thanks to the people who recommended that.

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Bitcomet...

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Azureus has been the most successful BitTorrent client I've used. ABC was my old favourite, but it had a few things against my liking. Note that I haven't tried ABC for quite some time, so they maybe (hopefully) fixed these issues:

Azureus fully allocates drive space for torrents, while ABC uses up space on-the-fly. Even though I know people who have expressed that they like this behaviour - it allows them to start torrents and then clear space later rather than requiring it all upfront, it's the wrong way to handle things. When I used to use ABC, I would end up downloading far too much at once: the result was that many torrents just errored out at the final stages because there was no more drive space to allocate to them.

Azureus lets you selectively set priorities. Ever been looking for a single file, but the only torrents you can find for it also contain x amounts of extra gigs you don't need? With ABC I had to download the whole torrent to get at that one file. In Azureus, it was easy to simply set all the extra files to "do not download" and get at my file quicker.

Azureus is java, and thus platform independent. Windows, Linux, Mac - it doesn't matter what you're running, you can Azureus. It's also a very active project, and easy to stay up to date.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Azureus has been causing me some trouble for a few days now. Since new updates neded to be installed, the program would freeze. I, thinking it was due to not having the updates, opened and closed the program a few times and was able to get all the updates. Still it would freeze. Finally today I removed everything: all the java, the azureus program.

I was able to find the newest version Azureus_2.3.0.0_Win32.setup.exe and jre-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe installed those, the program works fine for a whopping 3 minutes, then slows everything else down on the computer while it freezes itself to death.

Any suggestion from other Azureus users? Another friend told me it happened to him, so he went back to his ABC.

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thanks for your help Matt, but I have 5.0 Update 3. Is that the latest version?
    All it does now, is it runs for a few minutes, then freezes.

16. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I used to have that problem as well with the first client that i used (can't reamemebr the name of it though :sweat2: ), usually if i left it alone for a few inutes it would start up again. Although it is very annoying :anger2: , and i ended up switching to bittornado after a friend recommended it. Might try something esle soon though.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

You know, I've never used anything but the "official" BitTorrent client, and the only problems I ever had were:

A) It doesn't have multi-tracker support. Big deal, so I can't get the last episode of Xenosaga that Anime Kraze did. Meh.

and

B) The unrelated problem of my network disconnecting due to excessive traffic.

(1600 posts)

18. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

Well, to sufficiently analyze such a problem, the computer specifications wouldneed to be known for a better look-over. Memory allocation errors, problems with the hard drive receiving Azureus's pre-mature space-filling, and such may happen. But the chances of those things being possible won't be known unless the specs are known.

2 people like this.
  19. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

Az proplem have been fixed by the new update 2.3.0.2, works fine with me.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Mine keeps freezind up in the beggining does anyone know the latest edition or how to fix that? it might help with someone elses questions too.