Art B-Werx pics

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by b-tuvs, Feb 23, 2006.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

The eyes tells it all

Yup... I noticed that the last panel was a bit weak, well, I think I can still retouch that. :D

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

There is this site that has the emotions.

Need the shadow thing across the cheeks and those annoyed marks.

3. seiji

seiji Member

Hello b-tuvs

To me who do not understand English without translation software at all,
    Therefore of the thing which cannot grasp a story,

The deformation of the character does not change Japanese manga,
    I watch, and a feeling is good,
    It is very nice!

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello! I'm back with more Girl Project Code L pages.

I am pretty much occupied with a lot of stuff these days, but I still keep doing what I love to do, DRAWING MANGA! :D

I must admit, I don't have much time to put tones on my manga work lately, but I'm hoping that I will be able to put tones on them when I got more free time, but for now cleaning and a little rendering is all can do for it :eek:

I have just finished a few additional pages for "Girl Project Code Elle" yup it's now official. Girl Project N will be in a different story line because the story will revolve around the girl named En. I have done some refinements on Elle's reaction on the last panel of page 20 to make her look a lot more angry :mad:

I finally finished the cover image for this manga project, I think it turned out pretty nice, what do you guys think of the manga title? I worked all night to make it look like that :p

[​IMG]

I also did a few more angry faces for Elle, and I think she looks pretty different in the following pages, it's like she transformed from the cutesy little girl into a rampaging killing machine! :eek:

These are only some improvements I tried out, what do you guys think? Please don't be shy to tell me your comments about my drawing, because thanks to your comments I am improving :D

I think my drawings still got lot more to go through before it is finally perfected, but I'll keep trying! I really want to become a "Pro Mangaka" :eek: it would be great to think that one day I turn on the TV and see my work being aired on an anime channel. If that happens I would really be happy! :p

I hope you guys enjoy the new pages!

Don't forget to give me your comments! ;)
    For those who missed the first pages you can view them here:

Page 01 Page 02 Page 03 Page 04 Page 05 Page 06 Page 07 Page 08 Page 09 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20

5. Basher

Its better then it was.

2nd to last page is a lil confusing. how did she get the mark on her forehead?

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I love the cover - because of the inspired style, it would slip right on the shelf next to my SMJ manga and fit right in.

Pages 21 and 22 perfectly capture Elle's "berserk mode"! I agree that it does a good job of conveying the transformation.

I'm still not sold on the last panel of page 20, though - she still looks a shade too calm there.

Great to see more work again. I'll be on pins and needles to see what you make of the future. :)

7. Basher

Yep have to agree with baka. It will look better if you make her a lil more crazy. Maybe even find a way to highlight the change. I get it after she changes. On the device maybe darken around the change. I think it is how it is done.

Also what are the specs from tokyopop? tried to find them couldn't

I like your manga. I can't wait to read more. Or you stalling I Have no Life?

8. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hmnn... Well, I guess I still need to do some more adjustments with the last few panels of page 20, and yup, the mode change window is supposed to be black on the sides it will be darkened when the tones are applied :eek:

As for the Tokyopop specs... I think they already removed it...:confused: I was able to download the PDF file they uploaded some two years ago, it had the standard measurements for their manga releases. Sad to say I left the file on my computer in my home country :( the measurements are pretty big. I think it is around 15 inch x 12 inch (not so sure :confused:). Since I was already using the 9x12 inch drawing paper I scaled the original measurements to fit the paper I am using. I have made a template of the scaled down Tokyopop specs which is in PSD format, it is the one I used to trim the pages of my scanned manga works.

As for the "I Have No Life" Manga project, it's been sitting in my story bin for a while... I am hoping to continue working on it when I get the chance, but for now I'm kinda stuck in chapter 5. The original plot I made for the chapter 5 is still incomplete and I still have no idea how I could continue it. I have dug in to my story plots journal and found my original write up dating back Nov. 3, 2006 (wow, it's that old already :eek:), here's the plot-->

That's about it for the chapter 5 of I have no life, if you have ideas and would like to contribute to the story, I would be glad to see them. I have thought of a little piece to be added to that plot, butI can't seem to find it :p

9. Basher

Thanks for the preview. It's a very cute story

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

First, a few edits for the existing work:
    Chapter 1
    Page 6, Panel 4 - "Did the other tenant leave?"
    Page 16, Panel 3 - "I won't be late this time!"
    Page 29, Panel 7 - "I thought I had lost it."
    Page 29, Panel 8 - "I thought I'd never find this,"

Chapter 2
    Page 1, Panel 3 - "We've known each other since Kindergarten."
    Page 16, Last Panel - "Many witnesses say that it always appears..."

Kistune Chapter
    Page 5, Panel 6 - "I noticed lately that you're not being active and you seem to be always stressed."
    Page 9, Panel 1 - "I can see that you've been taking care of Tate-kun for quite a while now."
    Page 22, Panel 4 - "Sensei, Tate-kun has escaped!"
    Page 24, Panel 2 = "We used to play a lot together and we had a lot of fun."

Chapter 3
    Page 10, Last Panel - "You must get a lot of rest, Tate-kun!"
    Page 13, Panel 2 - "She saw me in the kitchen while I was peeling potatoes."
    Page 14, Panel 1 - "Didn't sensei Nuwebe already take care of that?"
    Page 18, Panel 1 - "Aren't you scared of this thing on my head?"

Chapter 4
    Page 5, Panel 5 - "I promised myself that one day I'd buy it."
    Page 6, Panel 1 - "I just wish that I had met you sooner."
    Page 8, Panel 3 - "I've got to stop thinking that I see ghosts."

Now, my personal vision of chapter 5. Just throwing ideas out there as requested - feel free to use anything that sparks interest.

From the cover of Chapter 5, I get a feeling that Reiko is a very strong individual. My idea is to sort of make her the counterbalance to Nuwebe. Where Nuwebe is generally understanding and tolerant of most spirits, Reiko deals with them stringently and without mercy or exceptions.

Reiko bears a deep personal hatred for all ghosts - a hatred originally stemmed from a tragedy in her youth. Someone very dear to her (perhaps a member of her immediate family) was killed by a vengeful spirit (or poltergeist). Following this event, Reiko devoted much of her life to learning to deal with spirits - driven by a purpose, Reiko has become very good at what she does, and going solely by spiritual power is a cut above even Nuwebe's prowess. She could care less for helping spirits "pass on" and moves swiftly to destruction or exorcism without differentiation. To sum it up, Reiko doesn't trust ghosts and can't fathom why Nuwebe wastes time trying to understand them instead of eradicating them outright.

From this train of thought, I visualize a possible outlined continuation of chapter 5 as follows:
    -Tate and the gang approach Nuwebe at the end of the day and offer to help with investigation of the school phenomenon. Nuwebe is apprehensive at first, but eventually gives up and allows them to come along if they promise to stay well back.
    -They encounter the spirit and parley - it soon becomes obvious that the sightings have been a case of a misunderstanding where people were overreacting to the sight of the supernatural (Nuwebe notes that the spirit has an extremely strong presence, meaning it would be visible to most people who normally don't see ghosts)
    -The spirit is lost - the last thing it remembers is trying to get somewhere in particular. It names a place, but none of the group have heard of it. The intelligent Aya then makes note of the spirit's clothing - dating the spirit back hundreds of years to a former war period. Sorry for not working any details out yet, but this is just a rough outline. Basically, the spirit is old enough that the place s/he is looking for no longer exists as it once was and has since been renamed and/or built over.
    -The group starts going through textbooks and research material - this could be in classrooms, or a school library if convenient. It takes a short while, but they end up finding the place mentioned and what it is known as now - it's not very far from the school!
    -They rush back to tell the spirit, but Reiko makes her appearance, barring their path.
    -She and Nuwebe exchange words for a bit. Reiko belittles his methods, calling them foolish. "One day you'll see them as I do, Nuwebe. They're no longer alive. They don't have a right to exist." Nuwebe tries and fails, like he has so many times before, to convince her that not all spirits are evil.
    -Reiko, annoyed at him, turns back to the spirit before them, conducting a very forceful seal. The spirit becomes visibly afraid and attempts to escape, but finds itself blocked by a spiritual barrier.
    -Reiko finishes the seal - it is fueled by so much hatred that everyone present can feel its frightening power. The spirit is destroyed, screaming in anguish for its final moments of existence.
    -Reiko turns to Nuwebe and his stunned group of students making a closing comment along the lines of, "That's how it's done."
    -Whispers like "How cruel.." are made by the students. Aya, mouth agape just drops the textbook she was bringing for the spirit.
    -After she leaves, the wide-eyed youths ask Nuwebe about her. He is reluctant to say much and avoids having to explain a lot by using the excuse that it is late and they should be going home.
    -Tsutomo could realize that after all the excitement, he forgot to snap a single picture.

Further Chapter ideas for Reiko:
    -Reiko finds out about Momoko's existence, and naturally plans a trip to Tate's apartment to deal with her. This provides an opportunity to further flesh out the rivalry between herself and Nuwebe. I could see this turning out one of two ways: 1) Reiko ends up being convinced with some sort of agreement or deal (albeit after extreme effort on everyone's part) to let Momoko continue on "living" for a set period of time. OR 2) Even more to the extreme, Reiko somehow comes to an understanding that she has been unfair to spirits, and that not all are malovelent. In this case, Momoko could end up saving her life at personal risk - perhaps throwing herself in the path of a wraith, or she might look into finding the poltergeist that killed Reiko's loved one, providing her with the means to get even.

-The telling of Reiko's backstory could be enough to fill an entire chapter. In youth, she befriended a spirit in her old home (I'm thinking a really big place, possibly an old castle grounds would work well - plenty of space.) and with no friends of her own, the two would hang out together. After she starts school, Reiko does end up finding others her age and ends up going to see the spirit less and less. It starts following her, but she either shoos it or ignores it every time. After a while, it begins to brood jealously, absorbing negative energies to the eventual point where it lashes out at her. Before it catches itself, the spirit finds it has killed a family member who came to Reiko's rescue. The member had rushed to aid her, despite not knowing what was happening and hugged Reiko close. In anger, the spirit's attack meant for Reiko had killed this family member. A frightened and tear filled Reiko sobs and shakes the member, realizing what has happened. She turns to the spirit yelling, "Leave me alone! I hate you!" and the spirit, losing all negative energy sulks and drifts away. From that moment on, Reiko devotes herself to understanding the spiritual. She ends up as a shrine maiden or equivalent, where she also becomes close to romantically involved with Nuwebe. However, it soon becomes evident that the two share very different ideals when it comes to dealing with spirits.

11. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thanks for the corrections, as you can see I'm not all that good in english :p

I have been stuck with I have no Life (Suu Momo) chapter 5 for a long time now, and the plot idea you posted is very good. You got Reiko's character right, ;) I was thinking of turning her into a ghost colletor, she collects ghosts and traps them in jars and make them do whatever she wants, but the idea you have thought of sounds more interesting, though I must admit she turned out a little too cruel, but I like it :D

This is the time where things will get a bit more serious for the I have no life project. I'll get on with it after I close the Girl Project mini chapter :D

Thanks BakaMattsu for the plot idea!

If there are others who are interested in contributing, you are still welcome to post your plot ideas. I will be happy to see each of them! Keep those ideas flowing! ;)

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Minor corrections at best - your english is better than some native speakers I know. :p

Reiko as a ghost collector is a nice version too, and a softer choice if you'd rather keep the lighter tone that Suu Momo has going for it.

In any case, I hope my little ramble sparked something for you. I know how the sting of writer's block can feel.

13. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Neko Nya-nya!

Hello! Well, I still haven't scanned the latest pages for Girl Project L, I will get on it when I get a longer free time today :p

I just had this silly thought in my head, I just came up with a short story and I think it's pretty interesting. I'm not sure if there is already an anime with this kind of plot (I'm hoping there still isn't :eek:) it just popped into my head one morning. I would like to share the idea to all who are interested because I really think it would make a good manga project. Feel free to correct me with my grammar and stuff, coz I'm really not that good in english and script writing and such :p

The idea is still pretty sketchy, but I hope you guys get what the story is about. :eek: If you are interested and would like to contribute you can post your ideas for this little story of mine, so far it is the only plot I have thought of.

What do you think of the story???

don't be shy to give me your comments :)

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It seems very cliche as far as manga/anime storylines go. A naive and cute catgirl who can assume human form makes life uncomfortable for the poor guy who takes her home - and is shy to boot.

If we want something with more lasting power than a one-shot story we'll need to toss out some ideas for the larger picture, possibly an expanded cast. I'll see what I have in mind - I might have some candidates in a few sidestory ideas I had but never developed that you can pull inspiration from.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, back with a few ideas inspired directly and indirectly by your short outline. Very basic for now. Let me know if you'd like any of them expanded upon.

#1 - I had an idea of going with the style of Pet Shop of Horrors, where the manga is a collection of short tales revolving around on commonality - in this case wishing on the shooting star. Each mini-story begins with a character making some sort of wish, and of course none of them turn out exactky as planned. It could roll serious or humorous.

"I'm sure you've heard the myth that wishing upon a star can make your dreams come true. Amazingly enough, that particular myth is actually founded on truth - wishing on a star can grant dreams. The catch, of course, is that there is only one star of all existence with which it works.

This star, shooting freely across the heavens. It has been there longer than almost everything in creation. Untapped and unbridled with energy, merely thinking with strong conviction in its presence is enough to make the impossible possible. Unfortunately, it has been proven time and again that most people think they know what they want. It is only later after becoming on the receiving end that they regret it..."

#2 - My second idea was another complete rework that came to mind. It involves a silly concept - that reality isn't everything we take for granted. Abnormalities find their way into the world all the time. The only reason we're blissfully unaware is because of the tireless efforts of "Anomaly", a super secret group that hunts down unreality wherever it should materialize.

Anna is a devotee of Anomaly, and one of its oldest members. She's partly ethereal, existing both within and outside reality at the same time. This grants her extra sensitivity to the abnormal, and has served her well with mystical powers.

When Anna heard she was going to be teamed up, she was overjoyed, especially when she heard the other recruit's name - Molly. She felt is was more than coincidence that their names together were exceptionally close to their organization (Anna + Molly = Anomaly). Of course, Anna is completely let down when Molly arrives, turning out to be a somewhat screwy hotshot intent on toying with unreality instead of treating matters delicately as Anna had become accustomed to.

Basically, the story revolves around the two as they begin at complete polar opposites until a near catastrophic occurrence requires both their unique tact to overcome. Unreality can produce some very strange (and often potentially humorous) situations.

It could hook loosely into Nya-nya as her transformation is definitely in the realm of unreality - which could bring the pair to investigate.

#3 - Hiroyuki's wish is just a bit off, and he ends up with a Midas-like touch. His version - any living thing he comes in contact with becomes a human girl. Lots of potential for comedy and fanservice as his curse sweeps out - at first locally, and then spreading until he eventually becomes identified as a threat to the world as we know it.

#4 - The wish ends up taking a price - Hiroyuki's cat becomes human, but Hiro begins to slowly take on feline mannerisms. Before he knows it, he realizes he's beginning to transform into a cat as his humanity is promised in exchange for Nya-nya's. The main story would revolve around Hiroyuki trying to stop his transformation before it is too late and becomes permanent. His first stop is finding the shooting star that fell to the earth, leading on from there on a rigorous and eventful journey (all with the newly humanized Nya-nya in tow, of course).

16. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Corpse 'R' Us???

Well, I must admit the idea for "Neko Nya-nya" just came to me while I was blankly staring at my computer monitor one day. :p

The ideas you posted are very inspiring, I think I'll try experimenting with them. I must admit, I was facing a blank wall with The Neko Nya-nya idea :D

Other than Neko Nya-nya, I also have other stories in mind, but they are all rough ideas. One of the stories in my bin is "Riza's Parlor" I was thinking of writing a rather crazy story which is out of the ordinary. And I think this idea is pretty much out of the ordinary :eek:

This is just a rough draft of the "Riza's Parlor" story, it's still subject to rewriting, I have another chapter plot for this one, I could post it if you guys are interested to see more.:D

I'm still choosing which story I should work on. But if you guys are looking for something out of the ordinary, I think Riza's Parlor fits the bill. It's icky, yucky and a bit disgusting in its own little way :p

Wait till you hear the weapon of their trade, The Gut Sucker 2000! :p

Pardon my grammars and spellings, I'm still refining my writing skills as well, with these little ideas I can further develop my writing and drawing skills. The road to being a Pro Mangaka might be long and hard, but I'm hoping one day I'll get there :)
    Don't be shy, you can tell me your comments and ideas, they are important because they help me improve :D
    Keep those ideas and comments comming!

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Riza's Parlor has potential. I found the outline you have interesting and would love to see the other draft you've mentioned.

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Who are you gonna call? Corpse Busters???

Most parts of "Riza's Parlor" are still unfinished, the ideas just came to me while I was staring blankly in front of my computer (again :rolleyes:) and I still haven't worked out how the Corpse Girl named Yugi will become part of the group. I thought of Riza keeping her as a morgue assistant or as a publicity effect for their family business... Now, Yugi is a corpse after all, but she is not a zombie corpse. She keeps herself underground to hide from people and she only comes out at night, her daily diet is mostly eggs, because her body can no longer produce proteins, she gets hers from consuming dozens of raw eggs everyday. :p
    As for Yugi and Sol's strange relationship, Yugi seems to be attracted to Sol and she keeps clinging to him when she gets the chance and Sol keeps away from her. One scene I had in mind is when Riza asked Sol to get something in the basement, he goes down there, not knowing Yugi is sleeping inside the cadaver freezer then she suddenly pops out scaring the daylight out of the unsuspecting guy.

Here is the preliminary sketch of Chapter 2 which I call "Corpse Girl"

That's as far as Chapter 2 can go for now... I also had a rough sketch for Chapter 3 which I call "Who are you gonna call?" (it's rip off of the Real Ghostbusters)

Well...? What do you guys think? :eek:

19. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Back with new Girl Project pages!!!

Okay, I have previewed a long list of some of my story ideas, and I know most of you guys missed the manga project, here are some more pages that I have completed so far. Only four pages left and the Girl Project code "L" chapter is completed! If you guys think the story is worth continuing I will further develop this Manga project. I have been looking around for publishers who are open for submissions and I found a few, now I need to make a manga that would surely catch their attention and hopefully get a break. Please don’t be shy to tell me your comments and feed backs because they really are important for my development. Thanks for your support and your constant comments I really appreciate it. :eek:

Keep those comments comming guys! :D

Below are the new pages, I have added some black shading to add life to the pages so that they won’t look all flat. I hope you enjoy reading! ;)

[​IMG]

I have made another revision of page 20, and I think I finally made Elle look really angry here, what do you guys think?

The pages in between page 20 and the new pages
    Page 21 Page 22 Page 23

Page 24

Page 25

Page 26

I just thought to add a little freebee image here. This is what my table looks like, for those interested to see how I draw. As you can see, I use a 0.3mm & a 0.5mm technical pen for the characters, balloons and borders. I use 0.1mm to 0.3mm Pigment Liners for background images, I use a white eraser for correction. Yup, not all pages come out perfect, incase you want to change a few things after inking a white ink eraser is very handy. :p I also use a template for drawing the characters, and the rest of the effects, I do it using a computer. :D

[​IMG]

20. Basher

Neko Nya-nya- it's a cute story idea. I like the addition BMS came up with. Poor kid becoming a cat. It's a new idea.

I like the idea with the wishes. It would be neat having a manga based from the "hand of girl" plus it has loads of potential. There are so many wishes that can be played with.

Riza's Parlor is interesting. I like supernatural. I noticed a few mistakes with grammar. Just the way things are spoken. I'll post changes if you want.

Unfortunately helping with a storyline is where I fall short. I lean more towards horror, psychological, and supernatural fighting.

The image of the release is better. Good work on the new pages. Wow how many pages are you at?

And thanks for the pic's of your work station. It looks like fun.