Art B-Werx pics

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by b-tuvs, Feb 23, 2006.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yup, I think you've got it this time. :)

Back on the subject of Riza's Parlor, you seem to have a good footprint going with your plot ideas.

After corpse girl Yugi is introduced to the cast in chapter 2, adapting to her new lifestyle opens up some opportunities for later plots - immediate possible ideas coming to mind:
    -Yugi develops a crush on Sol. Naturally, her feelings are not reciprocated and her advances only end up as misunderstandings (not to mention Sol is scared of even being near her).
    -After working for Riza for so long Yugi ends up forgetting that she's dead and causes a stir when she goes for a stroll around the town.
    -Yugi happens to recognize one of the regular corpses brought to the parlor. It turns out the old woman was a classmate. This makes Yugi realize she's been dead for much longer than she thought. She takes the opportunity to try and learn what has happened to people she knew back when she was alive.

To make the night job (Chapter 3) interesting, I think it would be great to set it up so that it looks like an easy job at first, but then just turn it into massive chaos. Something like:

Riza takes care of the corpse and wipes her hands clean. Sol, cringing and turned away, dares to peek after the noise dies down. "That's it?" Riza looks up without emotion, "Yeah. You were expecting more?" Sol gestures frantically to all the equipment they towed along, "You mean to tell me that we lugged the Gut Sucker 2000, the Mummy Masher, and the Mutilator 400 out here, and we didn't even need all this junk?"

Riza's expression doesn't change. "The Mutilator 500. The 400 had some serious design flaws and tended to jam up pretty badly."

Sol shoots her a stern gaze. Riza hefts the contraption back on her shoulder. "Look Sol, in our line of business you can't be caught unprepared. There was no telling what was going to be here. Better safe than sorry."

Sol finds that he has to accept that answer. "I guess you're right."

"Come on, let's go eat! I'm starving." Riza calls out. (The panel focus is not on her, but a gravestone dripping with guts)

The utter chaos I was mentioning could be anything that now catches them off-guard. However, through the use of all the tools at their disposal they triumph in the end.

Possibility #1 - Riza fails to notice that the creep she killed was actually an unusual form of Zombie - a Regrowth. This heavy duty version of undead has amazing regenerative powers and pulls itself back together from the splattered guts moments after they leave the scene.

Possibility #2 - The creep they kill is just the tip of the iceberg and before they can leave the scene, Riza and company find themselves utterly surrounded by a classic swarm of mindless zombies.

Again, just throwing things out there. Feel free to use anything that inspires.

2. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Two More pages to go!!!

More pages for Girl Project Code 'L'!

It's been ages since I last put anything on this thread :eek:

Things got a bit complicated again and I am not able to draw anything for the past three weeks! :mad: It makes me feel sad that the works on Riza's Parlor and Girl Project - Alternate were put on hold indefinitely :( losing inspiration and complications of life can really put an artist down... Even though things are getting pretty tough on me right now, I will still try and get back to what I love to do, making amateur manga works :p eventho I still suck at drawing after all these years, I will still keep on drawing :)

Here are two more pages for Girl Project Code 'L'. Alpha is seriously damaged and yet she still insists on fighting against Elle. I hope you guys like it, only two more pages to go till the finish! (Finally...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who would like to see the rest of the manga you can click on the links below, enjoy! ;)

Page 01 Page 02 Page 03 Page 04 Page 05 Page 06 Page 07 Page 08 Page 09 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26

A New story that sprung from Elle's Droid clone! After being trashed, Genma took Elle's Droid clone to his workshop... "I SWEAR, I WILL REPAIR YOU!!"

[!]READ FROM RIGHT TO LEFT

Girl Project - ALTERNATE Page 02

Girl Project - ALTERNATE Page 03

Girl Project - ALTERNATE Page 04

[​IMG]
    *Print Available in DeviantArt!!!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

"Indefinitely?"

Please please please tell me that's a translation error. I was pumped and psyched to see the development of Riza's Parlor, and would be very sad to never hear of it again. There was always something about that story that really clicked with me.

Do you mind sharing exactly what happened?

Back on topic, I have nothing but praises for the current crop of images from your doujinshi. I'm positively envious of your talent. :)

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Nice job.

Bummer life got in the way. We have all the time in the world but it sure doesn't feel that way. I feel your pain.

5. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

New Manga Work on the way^^

It's been a long while since I last posted anything here^^;
    Even though life has a lot of complications, I'm still doing what I love to do, drawing mangas :D The final two pages of 'GP code L' are still on hold and I'm hoping sometime next week I will have some free time to get back on working with it. As for the Riza's Parlor Manga Project, two additional pages have been sketched, but they are still not inked yet. Those two pages will be the opening pages for RP and I think I did some pretty nifty scenes there (so you guys better watch out for that^^)

Right now, these are all I can afford to post, a side story of Girl Project which I called Girl Project - ALTERNATE. This story revolves around Lambda, a discarded experimental droid of Stink Worx. The format may confuse you because this is the first time I wrote a manga using the right to left format (same as Japanese Manga) I hope you guys enjoy :eek:

[NOTICE!] Please read the manga from RIGHT to LEFT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I am so happy to see you working again on your passion! I think you've outdone yourself on the presentation of Girl Project - Alternate, and that just sets me up in a major way to be excited about your offerings to come.

I know for a fact I will be holding my breath to see your work on Riza's Parlor. I was extremely sad when you announced it was being shelved almost two months ago, so it was a surprise when I read you were revisiting the material.

Coincidentally, the tidbits you had previously dropped on the boards sparked inspiration in me and I was actually working on a derivative sort of fan novelization. This was in response to previous indication and assumption that you were dropping the whole thing altogether. I realize now that it was a bit tacky to follow up on something that fell under your creative umbrella, but I was so enamoured with the idea that I just couldn't bear to see it not come about in some format.

Suffice it to say, I hope you are alright if I sort of unofficially pen a "fanfiction" version of the story. It likely won't follow your own vision of things, but I just couldn't help myself.

The following is based on some of your initial concepts previously detailed earlier in this thread. I was torn between several different introductions. I initially was inclined to follow through with an opening involving Riza, with ideas branching from your original introduction where Sol and Riza are childhood friends to one where Riza is a loner whom Sol sort of admires but knows little about.

Following the second train of thought, I originally planned to have Riza stop him in the hallway and awkwardly tell him she "needs" him. The obvious misinterpretation occurs where Sol believes they are about to go on a date, but it actually turns out Riza's usual helper (yugi, the corpse girl) vanished wihout notice and she's short-handed to do a job.

Then I stumbled upon this part of your original draft and knew I hard my starting point:

7. Basher

First off wow Nice job B-werx. I am also glad you continued. :D Count me as one of your fans.

BMS, loved that fanfic. I like how you write.

8. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thanks!

BM's fanfic seems like a very good material, it could fit in as a side story detailing the events that happened between Sol and his Grandfather and why he loves him so much. I see a lot of potential with the Riza's Parlor plots, I would like to make this project work.

Thanks a lot guys^^

9. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

New PLOT developments for Riza's Parlor

I was recently brainstorming on new plots for Riza's Parlor, I feel very inspired to pursue this project and inch my way into completing at least one chapter. As I was saying, I have came up with some rough drafts for chapter 4.5 & 5 (the original plot for chapter 5 was written a few months prior to chapter 4.5). The two chapters seem to co-relate so I decided to put them together chronologically. These are still rough drafts and they can still be further developed, I just thought I'd share this and ask for some of your ideas to further develop these plots.

Chapter 4.5
    Chapter 5
    Well, what do you guys think?? :)

10. Basher

Loved it.

Sol's life changing into his dream. It was perfect the way it was done.

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'd be interested to see you play the "girly" angle of Sol's dream up even more than you did. We're still very early into the story as an audience (5th Chapter) and may not yet have burned a solid impression of Yugi and Riza's personalities yet. I understand visuals might make all the difference, so ignore this suggestion if the images will visibly contrast enough to give a hint that "something isn't right here".

Another approach that could be interesting with the idea you've presented for 4.5 & 5 would be to set up the two chapters as parallels. Have two school days play out one after the other, with a nearly identical set of events - the first being a typical day and the second being Sol's dream. This would give the readers a very clear contrast to the events, and much more plainly present Riza and Yugi's characters.

Still very much looking forward to seeing the finished form!

If you don't mind me asking, are there any particular works that have influenced the characters? I'm currently envisioning a lot of Haruhi Suzumiya in my mind's eye version of Riza. :)

Sorta Off-topic: Just noticed a few broken links on your navigation over at the Saber Site. You might want to verify "Links", "Banners", and "Webmaster" the next time you're making an update.

12. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Yup, I'm kinda thinking of twisting the story up a bit, and with that I thought of making an alternate Riza and Yugi for Sol :p As you can see, Riza is kinda cold when it comes to romantic stuff and she doesn't seem to be at least interested in mushy things, she only seems to enjoy mutilating and hunting down zombies. Her personality ended up like that because ever since she was a child she has always been around dead people (because their family business is a funeral parlor >_<).

As for the Plots 4.5 & 5, the idea of making both chapters parallel is a great idea, I have already made additional lines on the plots and I hope to start work with this project right away. :D

As for Riza's personality... I could say Reiko Mikami of "Ghost Sweeper Mikami" influenced her character greatly. I just thought of making the main girl character immune to all lovey-dovey stuff concerning the main guy character, thus making Riza a pretty cold person towards Sol's romantic approaches. The character Yugi was not in the preliminary drafts, I thought of adding her to give a rather twisted love comedy touch into the story. Since Sol's love life with Riza is hopeless, I thought of giving him a lover, but she turns out to be something that he would really don't want to be with :eek: Yugi has a great personality, you could say she's a perfect girlfriend, only thing is she's already a zombie >_<

For the Saber Site... Well... Work on it is painstakingly slow, because of work and stuff. But I plan to put up those pages one by one. Right now I'm still working on the "Virtual LIME" chat bot and she's pretty much a handful >< I will update you guys with that. I have also added the SM-Girls SMJ manga preview for those who are not able to see the manga version.

13. Basher

Hey btuvs. Been a while. I am waiting patiently for updates.

I love Riza's personality. I can see times when Sol tries to be romantic and ends up falling flat on his face. As the expression goes.

14. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Riza's Draft 7th chapter - Sol Runs Away

Heh... Work has not been so forgiving these past months... I'm tired and I wanna take a load off. That would be a great idea, but I CAN'T!!! Not with this economic crisis and everything :mad: Sheesh... What's the world coming to!? Oh, yeah... I'm not here to rant about that (hehe... Sorry about that :sweat: ).

What I'm saying is that inspiration is on all time low... But yesterday, I suddenly had this thought running through my head. I have written a piece for Riza’s parlor and I think its very interesting (Tho I think it still needs a little work). It’s about Sol running away and going on a solo trip to find his purpose (or maybe just an ego trip of some sort). During this trip he finds out that it is a lot more difficult for him on his own, and on the other hand, Riza also discovers that Sol is an irreplaceable companion. The story goes like this…

I am still developing the part for Sol, both stories run in parallel to each other, while Riza and Yugi are having a tough time hunting Zombies without Sol, meanwhile, Sol is not doing so hot on his ego trip as well. I'm thinking of a scenario where Sol gets caught in a very weird situation that he would wish even Yugi is there to help him. :D

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear of your dampering inspiration. Please don't lose heart - your fans are rooting for you!

A very interesting story concept, and a definite focal point in the development of both Riza and Sol's characters!

Possible situations for Sol's portion of the story:

1) He's always had an affinity to the undead. This is something hinted at early on in your drafts with regards to his grandfather, and mentioned directly here as Riza mentions he is their "zombie radar". Perhaps his time spent filling that purpose has only served to heighten his affinity to the point where he's progressed past the point of being a radar, but is actually now a magnet. His goal of soul searching becomes unattainable as no matter where he goes, he can't escape being accosted by the undead.

2) A variation of the above, this time with Sol stumbling into a complete ghost town - but without realizing all the inhabitants are dead. It might start off as everything he'd hoped for, with a rewarding (albeit relaxing) lifestyle, and even a local girl who has feelings for him. When he snaps to his senses, this possessive spirit (the aforementioned local girl) is not very willing to let him go.

3) Sol finds himself bored and missing the zombie hunts, something he never would have imagined possible.

Not very inspired, but it's all that comes to mind at the moment.

16. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Riza's Parlor 8th Draft "Part 1"

It's been quite a while since I posted anything here. Well, this is a follow up to what BM posted for Riza's Parlor. I have been wanting to make a proper draft of this part, but my ever changing work schedule kept me from working on it. On the last part, Sol ran off somewhere for soul searching and Riza seems terribly upset over it.

The plot is actually based on one of my rather disturbing dreams, I tried the best I could to portray the events on my dream in Sol's point of view with this plot. I often have recurring dreams about the dead coming back to life and this is one of them. I feel that this story could make a great manga, but sadly all my manga works are in hiatus :(

Here is the first part, I hope you guys like it! :eek:

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Keeping your dead relatives in indoor graves designed as furniture? Now that's original. :)

Poor Sol, no matter where he goes, he runs into the undead.

Great to see more Riza material from you tuvs - still a fan, and still hungry to see more development of it.

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello! I'm back with a new chapter plot, I was just thinking about random stuff earlier today (09-06-09) when a sudden burst of idea struck me, and thus Riza's Parlor 10th draft was composed. So far I only have 9 1/2 key plots for the RP series I'm writing, if I'm planning to make this into a full length manga serial I have to write more than that :eek:

This plot is about Sol and Riza's history and how they met. The story starts with Sol narrating the whole ordeal and the story goes:
    Well, what do you guys think?

:D

19. Chane

Chane Audience of One

You often use present-tensed verbs after past-tensed ones.

20. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

I'm truly very sorry for my horrible grammar. I'm not born English you see and to tell you guys honestly I almost flunked high school because of my bad English.... :(

I'm more sorry than a drone beetle. Let me atone for my sin by cutting my stomach open. :sad:

They are just "rough drafts" and I tried to make sense of my jumbled thoughts by making it seem like a writeup. But those grammatical errors will be gone once they are converted to manga format. I just presented them here in RAW draft straight from my own journal, without the edits and the corrections. Now I know why writers never feature their rough works. Hehe :p

Sorry, about that. I think nobody would ever understand these if I put these up in my native language (the original form). So, there you go! Since I don't have the time to make a decent manga, or edits with my drafts I leave them as they are. :)