Music Band Geekes... Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Hiro, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

Im just wondering how many people on Boards.jp are in a school band (marching, concert, and any other type...like orchestra)...and if you are what instrument do you play and describe your band...like traditions and such...
    for me my band is awesome im firstchair trumpet and have a great section of trumpets...in my sophmore year we made our first superior rating at marching MPA in FL... my junior year we made straight superiors in almost eveything... and this year i hope to make straight superiors in everything...ahhh what a nice thing that would be.... we are also traveling to Arizona this year to compete in a competition at the fiesta wherre we will be performing half time and marching in a parade....so....get posting! :anime:

2. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

HEEHEE!!! I go to the same school as Hiro here!!! Yeah...he's a REALLY good trumpet player! ^_^ He knows how to blow....HAHAHAHAHA!!!! j/k!!! ^_^

Yeah...I play flute...I'm alright on it...but I'm FINALLY part of Wind Ensemble (advanced band). I'm taking lessons to learn how to play the alto sax...but our director won't let me play that instrument for next year b/c we already have too many...lol. Zomro and Zealot were in our band too, but they graduated last year *tear*.....Yeah...Hiro...aare you going to Arizona??? I might go this year, but it all depends on my grades.

BTW...Hiro...that pic of you...looks REALLY SCARY. It looks like you're about to jump out of the computer screen and kill me...*whimpers* ...scary....*cries*....

3. Kryshana

Oh COME ON!!!! I know that there are ALOT of band people on this site!!! Anywayz...it just so happens that I can't play alto sax next year...b/c we have too many of them...and my director won't allow me. SO I asked her...what instrument would I be able to play? She said....here is goes to all dismay....french horn. Wow...with all those years of making fun of the "brass section" ... I'm finally gonna become part of them...tear...this is so disgraceful to the flutes. But anywayz...I love band...so why not? I'm gonna go and rent one b/c I need to get more money...gotta find a job...hehe. but....i dunno...I think I'll do good....especially with my awesome flute ambochure...is that how you spell it?! Anywayz...I can buzz well in a trumpet-mouthpiece...so I'll give it a try! YAY! ^_^

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

just so you know havign a good ambochure with a flute will help a little with brass but not as much as a good brass ambochure wil help you with fulte...ask mysister how good my tone is on flute she will probably say "better then most the flutes"...lol

Anyways... I KNOW THERE ARE LIEK 40 PEOPE ON HERE WHO ARE IN SOME SORT OF BAND FUNCTION AT THERE SCHOOL SO COME ON POST ALERADY... lol so post!

5. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

I heard that you were a really good blower kryshna..........*cough*...if you know what I mean.....your flute must be a hell out of a great "flute" for you to blow on it too hard and make sound..or is that how you call "music?"...Oh well, thats good for you that your taking lessons on the Saxaphone..<-- I don't know if I spell that right...I know that joey is a awesome player with his instrument! ^_^ WAY TO GO HIRO! and I can bet he can beat probably almost everyone at your school..I wonder what your "band geeks" plans are for this year? I had lots of them back at school and man, I can say that they are pretty werid and out there..and surely talk a lot too! ANYWAYS, BAND GEEKS UNITE.,...*sarcastic cheer*...hurray,yuppie,yay......did I say boo? lol :p j/k

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Lol. I was craking up when I read your title.
    My friends usually call me a band nerd but same thing.
    I just started my freshmen concert band and I play the flute.
    We've only been in school for about five days so I don't really have any traditions to tell you....
    But the weirdest thing about my flute is the case.
    I got it from Walmart(yeah I know, who the hell gets a flute from Wally's Mart??? ME OKAY?? ME!!) and the case is shaped like a violin case except slightly smaller.
    It's so annoying because at least the whole freshmen grade have asked me if it was a violin.
    Well that's four band geeks so far.
    COME ON GEEKS, WE KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I'm not exactly a "band geek" because I'm not longer in band. I took band for three year sin Junior High and was undoubtly the best baritone/euphonium (They're pretty much the same but styled differently) player for all three years. On the third year, there was a person who had failed last year so he was stuck in the same grade for that year. He was in his last year of junior high, as was I, and I was still better than him. After the third year, I lost interest so I didn't take it as my elective for my first year in high school. The high school band program here is mainly about marching, something I was not too fond of even though I could do it just fine. Also, you have to go to the high school at about 6:00 A.M. every school day and practice until school starts. (7:48) I didn't feel like committing like that to something I wasn't too interested in. I'm currently in my second year of high school and I might be good enough to go back in after I warm up some if they will accept me and I feel like being in band again.

8. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Although I am not in Band nor was a Band Geek, and this is a little off topic.. but I thought you guys would like to hear this...

Okay, I was in Band yadda yadda and I hated the teachers but I stayed through it and I played the Tenor Sax.. yadda yadda. Okay, I droped out of band, and so have a lot of people due to the teachers....

I guess someone got the teachers back...

Somebody actually went out to the bands marching field and stuck tons of forks in the ground and coverd the field with shaving cream and like tons of trash stuff, and left a big sign in the field saying Mr. and Mrs. Meyer suck.

Yeah, I think it is awesome that someone got them, but again it was kinnda immature.

I know this is like Spammy.. but er... it does have something to do with band in it.

9. Nakadah

Nakadah New Member

French horn eh? Well I've been playing the french horn for a couple of years now, and lemme tell ya, it's way different from any woodwind you'll ever play. Obviously.. Anyway, good luck with that!

Hi people! My name's Emma. I couldn't find a board to introduce myself in, so I thought to mahself, "Why not here, among other band geeks such as myself?" So here I am! Like I said, I'm a total band geek, like all of my friends, and love band to no end! My father was a band director, and my parents met in marching band in college. My older sister is in the marching band, and I've played about four different instruments in the last.. uh.. four years.. Yeah, that's it! Anyway, I had been looking for a good anime/manga/whatever forum for a while now, and I guess I've found it! Hope to see you guys around soon!

Emma

1 person likes this.
  10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

It's the newbies area on the main page. Thank you and have a nice day! :D

11. Nakadah

Nakadah New Member

Oh, thanks.. hehe.. I was trying to find it. Guess I didn't notice the newbie one.. Ah well.. Anyway, all you brass players out there, I'm with ya on my french horn! :D

Emma

12. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

its great to have you Emma(im wondering if you are a guy or girl b/c your gender is set to male lol :sweat2: ) my name is Joey and im First Chair Trumpet for The Wesley Chapel Highschool Band (concert jazz and right now marching lol) It will be fun having you here on Boards.jp PM (or im) me sometime lol...anyways to get back on subject...NEVER AND I SAY NEVER buy a walmart instrument they are worse then buying a crappy instrument form a crappy music store b/c at least it is their job...Walmarts instruments suck and i can vouch for that cause i have tried them, havent bought them but i have tried them... I can also play Flute (one of my many instruments...) and my sister is majoring in music in College to become a director (she plays flute as well) and she happens to be the flute instructor at our school here in Wesley Chapel. But anyways... i think our bands low brass and trumpets are atarting a new tradition where we will take a song and figure out the brass partrs and have like 10 people from brass play the song for a stand tune while the rest of teh band plays... last year we did Uh Oh and this year we plan on doing theat one song that goes: na na na... na na na na... hey hey hey (insert what it says). so yea...i get excited every once in a blue moon and type some crazy things lol :anime: :sweat2:

13. Nakadah

Nakadah New Member

Hi! Oh, by the way, I'm a girl.. I just forgot to set my profile, and the default was male soooo... :sweat2: I should have it set to female by now, and everything should be just fine.. Anyhoo, That's awesome that you have a musical family too! I'm always excited to meet other band geeks!

Emma

14. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

Well. The Wind Ensamble got the overall trophy at Fiestaval from my school.

However, I'm not in the band. I'm not in the band because I'm not that cool :(

I am in Chamber Orchestra. That means out of the forty kids that play violin, viola, cello, and bass, she picked the best 13. I am one of only two cello's. One's a junior, I'm a sophomore. The two that didn't make it are seniors. Orchestra overall got superior and some overall award at fiestaval.

We go to a competition every four years, and then the year in between we play at Disney. That's right. Disney. Besides that our only other tradition is peeing in the band locker room.

P.S. - We're from MA.

15. Kryshana

Ahh...that's awesome. I wish we had an orchestra at my school. It's been my dream since FOREVER...to be able to play the violin. I think it's a beautiful instrument with a gorgeous sound.

Yes SoraStrife, I can blow well. HAHAHA...and I agree. Joey(hiro) is a wonderful trumpet player though i suck on the flute BUT managed to get into Wind Ensemble this year (SCORE!!!^_^). But I love the way joey plays the trumpet and i'm sure he'll win his challenge this week.

YAY!!! We got another fluteplayer on the boards! awesome...^_^ *smiles HUGELY with joy* Thanks Nakadah for the heads up with the french horn thingy. My director told me that since I'm a flute and am used to having a very tight ambochure...that I'll be able to play french horn! Well, I gotta start looking for another job so that I can bu one...grr...