Battle of the Planets ad up on Anime Networks' site!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Looks like its finally(and publicly) acknowledged by The Anime Network themselves, that BOTP will be coming to the Anime Network on October. I certainly do not know of the fate of this weekends BOTP episode on Boomerang (which seems 95% like to be the final ep aired on Boomerang). Will at be the ep "Rescue of The Astronauts" listed on most people's digital cable guides (like mine), or "Attack of the Space Terrapin" since the marathon only ran up to "Magnetic Attraction", or worse, no BOTP at all? Every day i keep checking my digital cable guide in hopes of seeing the Anime Network in some form or shape pop up, but no no avail. I think i should do what i should've done a long time ago and thats haul *** to the telephone and call my cbale provider and demand (well thats kinda rude,rather politely ask & find out) the Anime Network. Someone in New York state must have this channel!

As the boards' only devoted GoS fan, i wonder & worry of what will become of G-Force now that BOTP is moving in. Will they air simultaneously, or will G-Force be given the proverbial boot that many Gatchaman fans have already given it (lol just some innocent shots im taking so dont be offended ;) I guess most if not all of us wont get to find out since we dont have the Anime Network :sad: Ill just have to check the online schedule. Heres the link to the site:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

It's interesting that the picture they use for the "Battle of the Planets" promotion is from "Gatchaman II"!

I would assume GoS will not be affected.

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Yeah that promo pic looked weird to me, most notably the Pheonix. I wonder though, if they do air BOTP and GoS at the same time,how will they differentiate them when they both would be airing on the Anime Network's "Old School" block? I could think of so many possibilities, but casual viewers would probably be easily confused unless the Anime Network comes up with something. It will even get more confusing if their Gatchaman dub potentially gets thrown in the mix with BOTP and GoS at the same time. I must see what my cable company (Time Warner Cable) is up to as far as getting TAN anytime soon goes pronto.

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I never figured that "Rescue of The Astronauts" was the 2nd episode.......... i thought it was the episode following "Magnetic Attraction". Guess they got tired of repeating the 1st episode so much so they gave this one a chance. But,given they have 24 episodes out on DVD at this moment wonder why they didnt air the last four. Well, im certain that this is it for BOTP on Boomerang. Its been a nice run that started off with an awesome marathon..... now it goes to the Anime Network (wonder how many episodes will they run because in the schedule i see that they loop G-Force around after episode 24. I know its not a issue of waiting for DVD's to come out, as they are most likely airing them from their original films).

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I made sure to watch the final airing of "Battle of the Planets" on Boomerang at 1:00 AM...less than eight hours ago! It was definitely a good run, and the marathon was awesome.

On The Anime Network, I'm going to assume they are not going to make any distinction at all. But, I guarantee they'll get some feedback from confused people. Once they have the dubbed "Gatchaman," they might do a block where they show the same episode from all three series back-to-back-to-back. That might be cool. You can even do that yourself with the first six episodes.

6. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

check the AN homepage now, they are running a BOTP promotion/sweepstakes where you can win T-shirts & boxsets! Looks like off the bat already they are promoting BOTP way more than Boomerang ever did (correction,they never did). I have a feeling that they will treat BOTP well. Too well, to the point that it officially premieres this Monday. But just as i feared: its on G-Force:GoS timeslot and therefore has bumped it OFF :anger2: I remain optimistic that it'll come back, that letter from SFE did say that they will air all 85 eps of both series,right?

7. redturbo

redturbo New Member

re:

hi,

I thought they were going to air Gatchaman on Anime Network not BOTP or GoS.But if they air the three animes(Gatchaman,Botp and GoS) it will be wonderfull. :p

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Supposedly, they're going to air all three. But I don't know if that will be all at the same time when everything is all said and done, or if they're going to rotate the series. It's my understanding that "Battle of the Planets" is playing right now and "G-Force: GoS" is not playing at all. Is that correct?

Mark

9. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Yes, BOTP is currently airing in GoS' former timeslot. Supposedly it (GoS) will return *crosses fingers* While it would be ideal for all 3 series to air back-to-back, it seems impractical unless its a special event/marathon of some sort since both GoS & BOTP air on the "Old-School" block which airs other old-school fare such as Robotech. But i dont think SFE would lie in that email that eagleclaw posted up, right? Although they were a bit off when they said that they had a contract with Boomerang to air 24 BOTP episodes, when they only aired 20...........

10. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

A bit unrelated, but its at the spur of the moment and it relates to the link on your sig Mark, but it looks like a certain Boston team has been granted another chance to try & break the *dun dun dun* curse ;)

11. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The Curse will only be broken if they win the World Series, which they will not!

12. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

LOL, much hilarity will ensue here in NYC if they bomb this one. As great as their comeback was, the *dun dun dun* curse has yet to be broken! It'll be an interesting World Series that's for sure. Ive chosen to remain neutral in this bloody rivalry, but i can tell ya, in some parts on NYC, the Yankees fans are LIVID. *yawn*, ill leave it off here as its quite late & im exhausted..........

13. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

I love baseball as much as the next person, but I thought this was a Battle of the Planets website.............

14. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

There's no harm in tangents.

1918!!! 1918!!! 1918!!!...

15. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Its okay, i wont stray too much off-topic, you're right this is a BOTP board. Ill just play bystander and watch the series quitely and post again when the series has ended. Man, i can only imagine if they can pull this off........... Im gone now...............

16. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

I dont care what Stephen Jay Gould said about baseball, my views pretty much the same as Zoltars.

(yesh, yeah, shes got several baseball caps, and a rather worn pair of real proper `chucks` which IMHO are the best thing since the Victorians invented plimsolls (but I believe that is a different game entirley) shes even got the T shirt with the number on it, but shes no appreachater of sporting events. And when I am working at the SOCCER ground, I get the quiet, outer gate position so I can sit down and read...and work on my fic...)

17. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

*walks in whistling as Sox are 2-0 in the Series* ;)

Anyways, i think its time we should make an attempt to return to our regular programming. Ive checked the linear schedule on the Anime Network's website, and it seems that after ep. 30 of Battle of The Planets, they are looping the series and restarting it again. Probably to continue stalling while the DVD releases (if there are any further from Rhino) are being prepared. I say they should have ran G-Force:GoS through first (from what i saw, they only aired 24 episodes of G-Force) since they are obviously airing the G-Force eps from their original prints, because there are no home video releases for G-Force apart from the first 6 episodes and most recently 7 select episodes. I wonder, what ADV is doing with their Gatchaman project as i speak. I continue to be patient, though i can feel my patience for watching G-Force again wearing thin at times. I cant do much about it, as the matter is basically out of my hands, and in the hands of my cable provider, Time Warner Cable and whether they will decide to carry the Anime Network. It would be a smart thing to do as NYC is a big market. Im still busy overall, so no G-Force DVD's for now *grrrrrr*.