"Battle of the Planets: The New Adventures of G-Force"

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Straight from Sandy Frank Entertainment:

The 52 new "The New Adventures of G Force" will include both the 20 unused episodes and 32 from the old series. Rhino home video will be releasing the original series.

Mark

2. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

YES! Finally, we will be able to see the entire series! Now are they doing anything to the footage, ie cleaning it up, re-editing, or anything like that? Still, no matter what, that's cool.
    Elvin

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well, 7-Zark-7 will be included, so there will have to be a little bit of editing, but I assume he will have a lesser role. I'm not too sure how I feel about them re-telling 32 episodes that are already "Battle of the Planets" episodes. How much of the story can they really change?

I'm glad to hear that the entire "Battle of the Planets" cataloge will be released by Rhino!

Mark

4. Berg_Katse

Berg_Katse New Member

Why in the world would they include 7-zark-7?! Don't they get it, nobody likes him... oh well, I'm sure the regular Gatchaman episodes will be released as well!:eek:

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Actually, quite a few people like Zark, including me. He won't be as much of a dork this time, though.

WELCOME!!!

Mark

6. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

I don't mind 7-Zark-7, I mean, that's one of the aspects of BotP that differentiates it from Gatchaman. It will be nice that he will be less annoying, though. I'm sure there's some way to work it. ^_^ For instance, I loved the Susan cameo in the BotP comic. I'm sure Zark would be more prominent, which isn't a bad thing. At any rate, I'm just glad they're doing it. It'll be good to see it on tv (along with the Gatch versions on the dvds).

Elvin

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Update from Sandy Frank:

We have completed the voice selection, and have completed the first new voice episode, with the new music. The title theme is a new version of the familiar main title theme as interpreted by the British rock group, THE CUBAN BOYS. We will try to use original music whenever possible.

We are about to release a new CD soundtrack of the original "Battle of the Planets" music including many
    more cuts than was on the first soundtrack.

I have contacted The Cuban Boys to see if they had a downloadable file of the song. Unfortunately, they have disbanded and do not have a file.

There is no distributor licensed to sell the new CD yet. When one is announced, I'll post it here.

Mark

8. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Cloud still has the Cuban Boys thingy for download here. It's quite a jokey piece, using the most dated bits of dialogue from the original, and I can't help feeling it's a strange choice to use as the theme for the new series.

9. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

It could work. I think it'd be cool. Of course, I'm slightly weird when it comes to music choices, so I don't know if my opinion counts. ^_^ It could allow for some interesting footage. I assume that they'll be using new selections. Perhaps new animation for the intro? At any rate, I'm looking forward to it.
    Elvin

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Yes, I think it could definitely work. Thanks, Meridian. I'm assuming that since there are different voice actors, the voice overs from the original series will not be used, but who knows. I like the rapping near the end using "Big 10!" I also like how they use Keyop's cherping in the middle of the song. It's very faint, but can hear it.

They played great homage to Hoyt Curtin's original song as well. While Zoltar is talking about the submarine base, the end of the original song is played to wrap everything up. It's faint in the background, but you can here it. Excellent!

Damn, that was an outstanding voice cast. I don't see how that can ever be topped on any series.

Mark

11. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The more I listen to the song, the more I think it's going to work. I can't wait to see what animation shots they use for the beginning!

Mark

12. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Title Song

Word from Sandy Frank is the voice-overs in The Cuban Boys song WILL be part of the opening title song for "The New Adventures of G-Force." To me, that means the voice actors they have sound almost exacly the same as the originals. This is a very good sign.

Mark

13. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

I wonder will the openning secene be exactly like the same,

hey mark whats up, i saw your message posted up. i am glade that sandy frank is going to go with the knew sound track openning. but will the beganning intro look exactly the same where they show the sun rising behind the earth and the ship flying through space eagle claw

14. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

It will be different. I'm assuming it will not start with the sun rising, but then again, that could be something that connect the two series with, and make it different from that point on. We'll see. That's something I'm looking forward to.

Mark

15. Sven

Sven New Member

Opening

I'm curiousl about the opening, though. The Cuban Boys song is three minutes long, so unless they have a really long introduction (which I doubt highly), they will have to edit it in places. That leads to the question of what audio clips will they use. Will they start with 7-Zark-7 in the beginning? Will they use the "Big Ten" rap? How about Zoltar at the end with the faint original song ending in the background?

16. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

7 Zark 7

I think so long as Zark doesn't have to narrate and tell us what's happening through out the show (like we're dim witted or something) ,then he'll be cool. Just give him a watchdog part that's more serious and not so lame.

17. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

remix and the voices

hey mark, let us tell the truth and shame the devil, after hearing the cuban boys remix of the original theme with the original voices of casey and alan young, they should be doing the voices because i still say that nobody does the voices better then the icons of hanna-barbera you too have to admitt it yourself. eagleclaw out

18. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I know...you've made that opinion of yours very clear on this board many many times! :) I think we just have to accept the fact there are going to be new voice actors and move on. I think they're going to sound so much like the originals it would be hard to notice. Otherwise, they wouldn't be using the voice clips.

Mark

19. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the animation of battle

i just love hearing the sound of the cuban boys battle remix. i hope that the animation that they will be using for the knew series will have better up to date quailty and not looking to destorted like it was when it was on many years ago. hey with the technologhy that we have today battle should be looking like a knew remade cartoon eagleclaw out.

20. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Actually, for "The New Adventures of G-Force," they're going to be using the same "Gatchaman" animation that they used for "Battle of the Planets." An experiment was done by updating the character's designs for the new OAVs in 1994. This did not do very well because fans wanted to see the characters as they appeared in the original series. That's the main reason the characters in the "Battle of the Planets" comic book look the same as they do in the show.

Personally, I'm glad they're using the same designs. Otherwise, at least to me, they wouldn't be the same characters at all. That's how I felt with the OAVs. To me, they were different people with the same names.

Mark