"Battle of the Planets: The New Adventures of G-Force"

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 17, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

episodes selection for the knew series

hey mark you are the man when it comes to the history of battle.
    about the knew series, how are they going to select the episodes for the knew series knowing that there was a lot of episodes that was never shown here in america. i thought to myself that the series was originally done in japan and the episodes were different.
    however when it was brought to america sandy frank picked out a few good ones such as attack of the space terrippin Rescue of the astronouts and so on. i was wondering where they going selected one of the episodes from battle leading to the knew series. o i forgot even though turner owns g- force guardians of space, will there be any episodes selected from that bunch eagleclaw out

2. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

From what I understand, the new Battle of the Planets will be a new translation. It says here that they will use 32 old episodes (re-edited) and the twenty episodes that were never shown. It's most likely that the 32 old episodes will be key episodes--such as the Iron Terrapin, the set dealing with the shoe and Galactor (Spectra) finding out how to de-transmute our heroes--so little or no fillers.

Any other ideas, Mark?

Elvin

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Right on, Elvin. As you said, this is being discussed in the thread titled, "The New Adventures of G-Force," where discussions about the new series are being held.

Mark

4. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

i hope they put the same disco musi in the new series like they did in the original

wow i just love hearing different input about the knew series. i had a dream last night about the knew series and based on the cuban boys remix i saw where the sun was rising behind and the earth and it showed a clip of zark contacting one of the g-forece members, it was hot hot but it was only a dream though, i am curiouse what clips will they be showing in the oppenning.
    i was wonerding in the knew series will they be using any of the original disco like music in the background in the knew series like they did in the original eagleclaw

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

The disco music may or may not be used. It is actually not the original music. Many of the scores were composed specifically for BotP, not Gatchaman, though some of the Gatch music is used. Since both soundtracks are rather dated (let's face it bravely), perhaps new music will be composed. Hopefully, though, it would be done well, so as not to resemble the Chinese water torture: music style that has given nightmares to many a G-Force: GoS watcher (victim?).

Note: I am a fan of G-Force: GoS. I grew up on it and will always remember it. However, the new music is terrible! Please, no flames. ^_^

Elvin

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I read on another board that has quotes from Sandy Frank Entertainment that the name of the series is going to be Battle of the Planets: The New Exploits of G-Force. Honestly, I like that name better because it keeps the Battle of the Planets name. I think dropping it would confuse some people with G-Force: Guardians of Space. Although there were quotes on that board, the part that mentioned the name of the new show was NOT from a quote. I got the name "The New Adventures of G-Force" directly from Sandy Frank Entertainment. So who knows?

Mark

7. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Not me. ^_^ Hopefully someone with authority does. The sound of "exploits" doesn't have as much of a catchy ring, but "The New Adventures" reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. (Waaaay too much babysitting ^_^). Let us know if you get any more info.

Elvin

8. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I hope they give us a teaser clip soon!

9. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

episodes selection

hello battle fans, i am so happy about the knew battle being done. i just hope once they start selecting the episodes that one of them will be attack of the space terripin. i have that on dvd and watching does bring back memories, i honestly hope that the very first episode of battle will be part of the slection eagleclaw out

Note: This thread was merged due to related content

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

New Title

As the edited title suggests, the name of the new show has been retitled, Battle of the Planets: The New Adventures of G-Force.

COOL! :)

Mark

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

zark existent in the knew battle

hey battle fans whats up, i cannot wait to see the knew look battle, i was thinkng, do you no what would be off the hook if they did an episode of the g-force members meeting zark for the first time, i no that he was not in the original series that was done in japan, but since he is being editted in the knew series they should just do an episode based on his creation. that is only a fan suggestion, but that would be hot to show how he was build just like the bionic man, later eagleclaw out

Note: This thread was merged due to related content.

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the knew battle

hey battle fans whats up, i hope all is well. hey i have a question. knowing that zark will be in the knew series which of course his character did not when it first came out in japan. what role do you think he will have in the series which was never shown here in america. and how will his knew role be different now compared to his somewhat funy role in battle of the planets

13. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Maybe they may finally make his character a serious factor to the team.
    Maybe he may be more of a mecha droid then the little R2 look-a-like they tried playing off early on.

Who knows, he may even kick some Spectra Hide......

Vic

14. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Some more information about the series:

- Princess and Tiny will be "stronger" characters

- Keyop will be a real 10-year-old boy, and not a creation. Gone will be his funny speech.

- Much of the footage originally cut will be restored with the altered storylines, aimed at a more mature audience

The first 1/2-hour episode has been completed, and it's now being pitched for sale. Once that's complete, we'll start to see video clips, snapshots, sound bites, etc. available for preview.

Mark

15. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

COOL !!! Please keep us posted ?! I even invested in cable tv. ,which I haven't had in like 13 years !! Let us know when or where they might post previews ?

TTYL

16. Berg_Katse

Berg_Katse New Member

Why don't they Dubb all of the episodes and call it Gatchaman? God, I hate 7 zarkl 7......

17. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Because Gatchaman is old. Battle of the Planets is fresh.

And there are quite a few people who like 7-Zark-7

Mark