battle of the planets

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Nov 15, 2005.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

ec is back and i think i no a good channel that battle can be seen on since we cannot get the anime channel, if any one has direct tv or the dish, has anyone ever heard of the ewam channel

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Mr. Claw, my man, welcome back. I've never heard of the Ewam channel. What is it?

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

All's been quiet on the western front up until now huh?

The channel that Eagleclaw is talking about is "Encore WAM", one of the many channels of the Encore/Starz family. (A family which is too expensive for me to keep!) Formely known as just "WAM!" (but still affiliated with Encore/Starz), "Encore WAM" is a channel dedicated to pre-teens & teens. Thus they air TV-Y7-TV-14 programming & movies (some of the latter are edited for the channel,believe it or not). Most notably (and I assume is why he mentioned it) 2 animes (for now, which have been re-ran to the ground): Street Fighter II V & Vandread.

Now that some of us are here I have BIG NEWS! I may very well be receiving Anime Network On Demand tomorrow or Friday! It was briefly mentioned this weekend on Time Warner Cable NYC's systems. Finally, the excrutiating wait is over! But as for the channel itself well, it isn't so dandy:

1) A "ratings cap" of TV-PG, meaning TV-PG is as high as it's gonna get for the programming on TWC's AN On Demand.

2) TWC's lineup of programming (and probably every other cable provider's lineup as well from what I've seen) is quite small, and not a hint of old-school programming from the '70's-'90's. Which leads me to...........

3) NO G-FORCE! Figures I FINALLY am getting the channel after AN revamps their On-Demand system (for the worse) and after all of the good shows have disappeared!

Guess if I do get it I'll have to patiently wait for Old-School programming when and if it comes. Keep in mind this is the On-Demand channel, not the infinitely better linear channel.

4. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the anime network

hey dirk are you getting the anime channel on regulary cable direct tv or the dish, if you are getting the network on demand then direct tv and the dish should be getting it right thanks and it feels so good to be back, i need the anime network