Battle of the Planets

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Anyone still out there?

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Unfortunately, not in this board anymore old friend. Incidentally, this month marked four years since I first joined this board, eager to know more about "G-Force" and its history and get as many episodes of it, and now four years later I own virtually every episode on VHS and have gone on to write a somewhat successful Wikipedia article on it. And it was all thanks to the wonderful people I first met here.......most of which are long gone unfortunately.

Please do join us at gatch72's board Mark, because the glory days of this once-great place have unfortunately long passed by. :( I of course still lurk at least a couple of times every week.

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I'll check it out, thanks. I know for a fact that Sandy Frank is trying to figure out a way to use "Battle of the Planets" again, so hopefully someday this board might get hopping again.

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

On my GoS Wikipedia page, I originally wrote that SFE's domestic rights to the first Gatchaman series expired sometime in 2007, yet on more than one occasion its been edited to a less specific term such as "as of now". I hope I haven't raised the ire of anybody over at SFE or anybody who doesn't want that kind of info publicated. Aside from that I'm glad to see that people have respected my article for the most part well over a year after I worked so hard to put it together.

But yeah, last time I talked to Jason Hofius (last year I believe) he mentioned that he couldn't disclose much about that contract matter, but that SFE's rights had run out and that they were re-negotiating. If it affects BotP, then of course it also affects "little brother" GoS.