battle on the anime channel

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Sep 16, 2004.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

i am so happy that the original series that we all loved is leaving cartoonnetworks boomerange. I must admit i was very upset but i am happy now because battle is finally going to a channel where it will get its respect.
    I could tell that cartoonnetwork was not interested in showing it anyway. Thank god for the anime channel. When will battle be leaving the evil empire.

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I wonder how they are gonna go about airing 3 dubs of Gatchaman I. All at the same time, or one at a time. Well find out next month (from somebody whos a Gatch fan and has The Anime Network hopefully.........anyone?) when BOTP comes to The Anime Network.

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well I'm glad you're happy, Phil, but I'm certainly not. Many more people get BOOMERANG than The Anime Network...like me. I have been enjoying watching Battle of the Planets every Sunday. Now I won't be able to, and my cable company has no plans at all to add The Anime Network to it's line-up.

So go ahead and celebrate. For what, I have no idea.

Mark

4. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

I thought that Boomerang was in England. OK, so, I give up, what's the difference between Boomerang and the Anime Network? Seeing as we don't get either one here in Canada, I'm a bit out of the loop.
    :(

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Boomerang is in the United States. It's a spin-off channel from The Cartoon Network, focusing on old and nostalgic cartoons.

The Anime Network is brand new, and is also in the United States. They, of course, focus on shows based on Japanese animation. It is not affiliated with The Cartoon Network or Boomerang in any way.

I hope that clears it up. :)

Mark

6. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

Battle Of The Planets Still Rocks

Hey you never know maybe the anime channel will one day pop up on regular cable stations the dish or direct tv, we must keep our fingers cross. To a certain extend i do agree that those who does have boomerange and enjoyed watching battle every sunday morning. But we all have to ask ourselves this question, if a classic network like boomerange does not show or have any intrestes in showing or keeping on the air our beloved classic anime why keep it on the air where is it not wanted. Let us thank God for the anime channel for those who have or will oneday get that they will take on the classic anime that started it all. I believe that those cartoons who are assocaited with anime should not forget about anime that came before them and paved the way. I wonder with the knew version of Battle Of The Planets coming out sometimes next year, how will that play an important role if that too is headed to the anime network.

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

What makes you think Boomerang (no "e" on the end) does not want to show "Battle of the Planets"? Just because they only show it on Sunday? There is probably a deal that says the network cannot air any episodes that have not been released on DVD. So that leaves 24? So you want them to show the same episodes every three weeks? I think they are doing the right thing by only showing it once a week.

It's better to have the show on a network that has more viewers, rather than a start-up network that barely has any viewers at all. I think Sandy Frank is making a mistake by yanking the show from Boomerang so quickly.

I don't know what you have against Boomerang, but I enjoy the network very much.

8. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

I have to agree with Mark about there isn't much to be happy about concerning the move to the anime network. Who knows if and when we'll ever get the anime network on basic cable. Boomerang was convenient and I loved getting up at 9 to see my beloved cartoon. I started buying the dvd's as this will be the only BOTP exposure I will have for a long while.

9. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Well that gives me another reason to be mad for not having The Anime Network. Guess what my first reason is ;) Eagleclaw, i assume you dont have the Anime Network since we live in the same city?

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

Hey i may have of made of mistake by saying that battle does belong on the anime channel but you are right not everybody does have this knew network.
    I have to admit when i heard that battle was going to be leaving boomerang i was vary unhappy because i am quite sure that we all knew how it was hard not only for us die hard battle fans to get battle back on the air for all of these years but for sandy frank entertainment who on so many of occassions visting cartoonnetwork time and time again by letting them all no that battle still rocks. You all have received emails from SFE explainning what is going on with the show. i myself have been posting up emails from what they have been sending me. once again i hate to see battle leave boomerange and i no how all you feel by waking up every sunday morning at 9am just to watch the show, but if it is leaving the network what can we do, besides it is in the hands of the networks. All we can do is pray and hope that we do get the anime channel, that is just how i feel, long as it is still showing on boomerange let us enjoy the moments.