Television Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by wertitis, Jun 6, 2008.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The new series of BSG.

I'll put it simply, if you haven't watched it, you're missing out. It's not Star Trek, it's not Star Wars, it's not the old BSG.

It's about a tiny fleet of human beings trying to flee from a massive Cylon threat that wiped out their homeworlds. The humans, with no where else to go, decide to make their way to a mythical planet known as 'Earth' in hopes that it would prove a safe haven from the relentless Cylons.

BSG is a drama through and through, it's not coked up and candy coated like Star Trek and the like. It's cold and brutal. It's not afraid to toss out plot twists and developments that simply knock you on your ass. Well written with some of the best acting seen on television today, the new BSG is great. If you're a sucker for a good plot, this will leave you salivating for more.

Now no spoilers! List them with brackets and by season so no one gets some of the best plot devices ruined.

DISCUSS!!

~W

2. Cylor

Cylor New Member

In my opinion, the first 28 episodes (so, the miniseries, the first season, and the first half of the second season) of BSG are hands down the best SF ever produced for television. The quality of the series has fluctuated somewhat through the third and fourth seasons, and while I feel it lost a great deal of the intensity it had early on, there have still been moments of occasional brilliance.

I think the current Galactica series has, like its '70s predecessor, ironically failed to live up to its conceptual potential in some ways. Having said that, it has fundamentally changed the stagnant SF genre, and definitely for the better.

Buy the Season One and Season 2.0 DVD sets, you won't be disappointed.

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Since we are well into the last season, I dont see any alarm of a spoiler alert on this note:

THE 13th COLONY WERE CYLONS --- just when the series started getting dull, they lauch a strong final season.

just like a good show to have a great final season.

The mutiny episodes were incredible.

4. VM1070

Sci-Fi Friday -- Everyone get ready to see the next episode of this last season.

The rate they are going, we are really going to be mad when this show ends.

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The issue I have with SciFi is that if you're watching the series at your own pace, like me, the damn commercials for the series reveal everything. I was pissed when, just watching some other show on SciFi, the network decided to reveal who the last Cylons were for me in a promo commercial for the next episode at the time. What a major bummer. The grapevine says there's a lot more instore than just who they were, but that mystery was a huge reason why I was watching. I'm still a little miffed.

~W

1 person likes this.
  6. VM1070

So everyone --was that Starbuck's dad as a ghost trying to smooth her crazy feelings???

Funny how no one was wable to see or hear him playing the piano until she sat next to him at the end of the episode.

Could Starbuck also be a ghost at this point???

3 more episodes left before we have to find another series to get into....