Manga Beck Manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

So I recently gobbled up volumes 1-19 of Beck, it's still ongoing. I'm not quite sure, but it carries on for several more volumes I'm sure.

I'm just amazed at how great a story-teller Harold Sakuishi is. The manga is funny yet very serious. It expresses the cruelty of the real world yet also the hope contained within it. It's also teaches us how we all should work hard with the talents that have been given to us and to not treat others less fortunate than ourselves cruelly.

I've noticed too how the anime so far has hidden some of the 'ugly' people. (the ones that appear once then we don't see them again ~ large faces with large mouths and freckles - it seems a key feature to Sakuishi's manga) So these scary looking people... I hope to maybe see at least a few in colour in the anime :p.

Izumi and Maho or way better looking in the manga as well. It was a bit of a shock.

And Koyuki has the most awesome/crazy facial expressions. It's one of the many reasons I enjoy this manga.

The only downside to it is all the crap that's been happening in it. Unfortunate events, but I mean, that is the reality of it all, and people only become stronger through hardship. That's how I see it.

Anyways, if any of you have read the Beck manga, tell me what you all think of it. ;)

edit: my comment abotu the scary/ugly people. I mean.. I didn't mean to be rude.. I'm just saying most of the main characters are so gorgeous then when you compare them to some of the one-two page characters, it's kind of shocking. It's a unique thing about this manga.

2. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

I think the manga is great. And I agree, it is a change from the usual kind of series. A look at reality and that is what drew me into the series in the first place. It's not like, "WOW, Let's start a band!" Then boom they are an instant success. (Like the movie, Josie and The Pussy Cats XP)
    Koyuki, Ryuusuke, maho are all better looking in the manga of course but the director of the anime adapted his own style while designing their animated form.
    But all the hardships they go through will make the end more interesting. I'm very curious as to how they'll get their "big chance" to hit the charts. ;p

Yay for beck manga~~ :3

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am glad I found this little gem.

Agreed with the fact they look better in the manga then the anime.

Its up to 30 volumes now. (3 chapters for each volume)

I got a bunch of raws to figure out what has happened.

I can't wait for Tokyo Pop to release their stuff.

4. trigunfanboy09

trigunfanboy09 New Member

i agree

even thou i have only seen the first episode of beck on a dvd i still belive it too be a great acomplishment in anime i love how they blend modern rovk and roll with twist and turns of real life allthough i have not been able too redd the manga i will pic it up soon lol

This WORld IS MAD OF LOVR AND PEACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!