Beginner ...

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Zanza, Aug 7, 2001.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

If I was you, id dump angelmire and get something a lot better like geosh*&ties lol. oh well, there's no good free stuff left anymore.
    -------------
    love hina is still cool1 there, on topic, dont kill my post YK hehe

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

the reason why I'm with angelfire is because it offers 50mb, as opposed to geocities' 15mb or something, and one of me favourite sites is hosted by angelfire, so I said, what the hey.

I see too that someone hit my site through here, just to let ya know, or all ya know, Netscape 4.7 doesnt realy work when it comes to some of my pages.. but Opra(h, IE, and Netscape 6 do. I have to figure the stupid thing out.

anyways, I heard geocities won't let people use pics from their hosted sites anymore either.

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Geocities was good to me, but the reason I left is that I kept on getting more Winamp Skins and I had no room to put them [​IMG] . I hope 50 megs will give me enough space for them.

I'd go with the 10 year register your own domain thing...but first I need more visitors and money [​IMG] . It's like $600..but for 10 years!, I could get a loan paying $10 a month and get it over with in like 6 years...

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

If I were to post a picture from my geocities account here it would most likely not show up, but if I type in it's url into the the browser, it will come up. Angelfire hasn't let me do that, to see a pic it seems to have to be in a page.

oh well, 50 megs is nice.

I have my own domain, it was free. so, there are nasty ads, and depending on the browser, occasional geocities ads too. anyway, its www.mamiyaotaru.com so you can check out the price of free. compare to mamiyaotaru.mangatoanime.com same page, less ads. Of course, getting a domain name doesn't necessarily mean space to store your page..
    ----------------
    it all sucks

5. Exodus666

Exodus666 New Member

I do not know why Geocities & Angelfire do not let you link to pictures. Is their bandwidth that bad that they have to restrict it like that? Amazing.

50MB is a lot of space, so I can see why many of you might go there. I actually might start taking advantage of that too. I didn't know they offered more than Geocities.

Do any of you guys have another ISP that you can store a picture on a FTP or something? It might help you out. Maybe post a picture that you want to link to on a public server, and link to it.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Did you get your domain at namezero.com Mamiya?...I may go to that(just to have a domain..hehe). But the ads are evilly large and annoying. Hmmmm...I could have sworn that I saw a site around that gives you 150 megs of space, I think it was topcities.com...

A question: Do the images that Seraphim and I post always show up as the Angelfire add, or can you see them sometimes?...I can, maybe it's because the pics are in the cache already.

Oh, I use MSN communities sometime to put pictures on it and post them at other sites.

------------------

---------
    That guy!,
    Everyday, Everynight, EVERYWHERE!!!!

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Someone told me that adds at my site are bad... but if you just click outside of the add, then it won't bother you for the rest of the site.. [​IMG]

8. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Yeah .. !

I just saw 4 episodes .. from 5-8 .. :D

And I have to admit that it was soo cool and funny .. !!

I loved it .. !! I really want to see more .. !