Video Games BioWare to do a Sonic RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

This seemed completely off the wall when I heard of it, but it's legit.
    http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2007_06_21_Sonic_DS/

BioWare was the talent behind the Baldur's Gate Series, Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic. Their Sonic the Hedgehog RPG will undoubtedly be good like everything else they put out. It's just something totally unlike any other license they've worked on until now...will be interesting to see the result.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've been reading a lot of mixed thoughts on this, and most had the same reaction to the news as I did - a blank stare for a moment, and a "HUH?"

But as was pointed out in such discussions, if Super Mario was able to be molded into a worthwhile RPG (and hell, even Disney movies for that matter), there may actually be hope for the title.

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

maybe Bioware knows CPR better than Sega? =p

i also share 18's opinion on the sonic games. hell, my parents are even of that mindset of the games heh

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Hmm...how will it be done though?

It will be different then what we are used to with Sonic. An RPG....strange.

5. Infected_Mite

Infected_Mite New Member

Yeah, same here. After Sonic Adventure it just got watered down. I'm interested in how a Sonic RPG will be done. To be honest I still d/l and emulate to play Super Mario World RPG that was done in FF form. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Anyone other than Sonic Team is up for a Sonic game. Honestly, I had high hopes for the first next gen Sonic, and it being titled Sonic the Hedgehog would mean it would in a way go back to it's roots of speed.

I was wrong, it maintains it's roots of sucking and glitches.....

BioWare on the other hand is a very good team, since they made KOTOR, they could probably give Sonic the big (and I mean BIIIIG) boost he needs.

-Seishin

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

So what does people think will happen?

What is the story with Sonic anyway...I know the basics. But I forgot how he meet tails and the other one.