Movies Blade II

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by JEDI_X, Apr 3, 2002.

1. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

Saw Blade II the other day. ****ing cool as hell movie. If you're looking for mindless, popcorn fun action, go check this out. I'm surprised I liked it so much. First one I thought was cool, but got boring halfway thru.. this one I dug from beginning to end.

Anyone else seen it yet? If you did, what'd you think?

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Im not a big fan of "SEQUELS" but if u say that its great .. then ill just watch the first 15 minutes:p

3. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

It's worth at least watching 30 minutes.

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well I went and seen this movie.. and well... The past year ive goten into the Vampire thing as a Fantasy element. Not the goth or sucking blood crap but the pure fantasy side of Vampires..

And well this movie sucked as far as vampire go.. the reapers were prety cool.. the only thing that saved this movie was the action.. other then that it was the same old action hero plot used one to many times.

It could have been done way better then what it was but oh well..

If you want just an action flick go see it.. if you want the cool vampire story thing.. dont bother with it!

KaMe

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I totally did not like the reaper thing. I thought it was gross, but I never liked sick looking stuff ...anyways, I thought the action was cool, but the cool fights were at the beginning, and then just died off to well, uncool ones... plus I thought the story line was not a very good one and the computer tech stuff was lookin like it tried too hard... kept my head down for reaper close-ups at the start, but then felt like.. no matter what I do, I'll still see them so I know every detail and oh.. don't wanna remember.. ech and I thought the originator of all vampires would be more kick-a$$ and powerful and stuff.. not just htis blue dude that says 'oh..don't hurt me...' oh well..

it worth it just to see the beginning when the vampires are scared and cry 'The DayWalker' and get their butts dusted..

but Kam, would you know what 'blush' means? does it mean actual 'blushing', or is blush a term for combusting or something?

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

The Blush thing... Well I can Answer this one... I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT!....

And another thing that pissed me off is only Blade totaly heals when hurt the other vampires keep scares and stuff...

The Character discription of what a vampire is and can or should be able to do have been totaly butchered in this flick!... SILVER KILLS WEARWOLVES NOT VAMPIRES!.. Far as i know anyway!

KaMe....

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya, I thought the silver bullets as a vampire weakness was a bit weird. Where the unhealable wounds are concerned, I think they were from the uv light. Nisa and the bald dude that had the bomb thing in his head were both hit by the uv light and thus had some scarring. maybe they heal with more time?

were there any other wounds that didnt heal that you can think of Kame?

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well if I remember correctly in Blade one there was a Vampire that never healed and by the end of the movie he was all cut up and stuff and looked like a smart Zombie almost..

But you Might be right about the UV scars..

KaMe

9. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Blush? What the fudge?

I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was really good, even though I didn't like the first one.
    The problems you have with the plot aren't that bad. Firstly, not every vampire thing has to have the same weaknesses and stuff(in interview with a vampire, for example, they couldn't drink dead blood), and he only heals when he goes into that big pool of blood.
    It's best not to think about plot holes in films like this though.

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Re: Blush? What the fudge?

Ok this Is My Debate about Vampires!.

Interview with the Vampire was Anne Rice's version on how vampires should be. She took Darcula as a legend and with a legend there are many flaws to the truth about the legend. So She bascialy Wrote most of the new ground rules for vampires, like not drinking blood until the person dies and that when a vampire gets older he/she becomes stronger, (in blade the oldest vampire became a pussy ).. things like that.
    She is to Vampires what J.R.R.Tolkien is to fantasy (he wrote the rules that ppl had to fallow unless they created a new creature or sub creature)

So to me the silver bullet thing was just some gay excuse to have a mass killing of vampires...

But there is another book about vampires called "I AM LEGEND" and it has some cool ideas about vampires as well. For example Why do vampire fear the holy cross. well the idea in this book was if you fallowed the christian church when you become a vampire your mind now fears what it once worshoped! and it worked for all the different religons. some vampires in this book feard the jewish star.

But anyway my point is if ppl went around making huge changes to old rules all the time it creats a lot of confusion and makes a bad story. So to make a good story you have to bass it around the rules and maybe add a litle to it..

thats My view of the matter... dont get me wrong its not the the only view!

KaMeKaZi

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Whatever. I'm just saying it doesn't bother me much.
    It's hardly brain candy chock full of cerebral ideas.
    Thinking is bad.