Bleach anime - the next naruto?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by mangamonkey, Sep 21, 2004.

1. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

First episode to be aired november or october i cant remember (but that's in japan)

Any one else get the impression that this will be next years naruto?

I think the guy who plays sasuke is doing the part of ishida?

if anyone knows of a translation group then send me the link please, also here's some prelim art there is more but it's a part of the manga i believe and i cant be bothered to pull it from my bleach disk so you'll have to find it yourselfs sorry.

Attached Files:

2. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

also i just found out that kubo tite is doing the voice of Kon

woot for teh bear

3. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

well i just watched the first episode and everything fits - i wont bore you with details if your not going to post though

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I don't think it particularly fits, as far as Rukia goes. I mean, it makes a great anime and all, but they made him look TOO girlish. I mean, the big eyes? He has rather beady, dark ones in the manga, so why did they give him some big zoomers in the anime?

Well, at least the American transition won't be so hard...since they DID make Rukia a girl to begin with....

DAMMIT.

5. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Your words confuse me mortal.

Are you refering to rukia as a guy? if so i thought we had already been over this - rukia is a girl, either that or ichigo is gay.

if thats not what you are saying then i have no clue what you are talking about - and the eyes thing - they may be using a design from later in the series when she becomes more adjusted to human life - possibly.

EDIT: sorry i just reread your message and now it makes sence - the eyes in that series change alll the time depending on the mood of the moment and whether or not its cover art etc

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I just watched episode 1, and I thought it was really good. So.. is Rukia a guy or a girl? XD I'm a bit confused by the earlier posts.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The first scanslated manga that I've read of Bleach labeled Rukia as a guy. And he had his sex changed by going in his alternate body.

8. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Time for a fanboy moment

o_O odd indeed - what group do you get it from?

Fanboy moment the first:
    i cant remember where i got it from,(a friend of mine but it to disk for me and i never found out what group - and there's no graffiti on the pages from the group either) but i've just been through volume one and only once that i can see is rukia mentioned in terms of gender and then it's as a girl. (i know that translations will vary - but are you sure you have a translated version and not just a scan of the american release? and another thing which volume was it that it was mentioned - because in volume 1 there doesnt appear to be anything that could be alternativly translated into what you are saying)

Fanboy moment the second:
    The opening for bleach, how many other people recognise the captain shown for a split second? Not important i know but i was watching it with a friend and both of us simultaniously said "thats a captain" when he appeared. sad i know but he doesnt appear for a while as far as i can remember.

Cant remember his name or his squad number but it was the captain for the squad that rukia was a part of.

EDIT: after talking to some other guys about the whole rukia thing it seems like everyone thinks it was an entirely american affair - rukia was and is a girl

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Might have been mistaken then. Though I could have sworn that Rukia was male when he waws first introduced.

I guess I just made that up somehow, making the series funnier than it had to be.

*ANYWAY*, about the anime...I think they've made Ichigo a little too muscular. And, it DOES already stray from some scenes that the manga had.

One scene was depicted of them seeing Inoue getting run over by a car. That didn't happen in the manga. Ichigo was supposed to be training (read: failing) to become a better Hunter with Rukia in the park, while Inoue just gives them a description of what happened.

Not BAD digression, mind you, but I'd have loved to see Rukia's drawings on those saltbags and softballs.

I also think that Chad wouldn't wear something like a pink hawaiian shirt. Electric blue, maybe, not not pink. Then there's the whole opening sequence, how he didn't scare the punks by showing them the dead girl's ghost. BUT, like I said, it's really no biggie.

However, I'm kinda disappointed that they keep deleting the blood. I know that it's a syndicated television show (and looks to be aimed to be able to easily make it to American shores too), but they could have done with a bit more gore. It just seemed so odd to see Ichigo saying that Yuzu died, when she looked like she got roughed up a bit. But then, you see Rukia get chomped on by the Hollow, and you see SOME blood, which oddly doesn't make any sort of puddle on the street (spirit or otherwise).

HOPEFULLY, they make up their minds about it, and keep at least SOME of the gore in. It'd look not only cooler, but attract more american watchers. =P

10. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Well the blood thing is a problem all the time, there's a point later in the series when blood is needed to create a really cool affect

when chad fights one of the captains (the lazy one) and gets sliced through the chest making the blood shoot out of his back in a spray that looks like wings - causing the same effect when he hits the ground

About the clothes - any member of the cast would wear anything, look at the cover art. also there is nothing wrong with guys wearing pink :p

Again its no biggie with the rukia thing - the americvan version (probably the first time an american edit has CAUSED a gay relationship in a series) has confused a lot of people.

The training thing : i know you already said it was only a small change, but you can see why they did it, the chapter used as the basis for episode 2 was very short with a very unfufilling fight that only lasts for about a page, if they then went on to fill the rest of the episode with the next chapter well then they would have a pretty boring episode - and while a series cant be exciting all the time they want to build interest with these early eps (dont worry i'm not complaining to you izzy - i'm just saying for anyone else reading this)

11. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

allright for some reason im not understanding this thread, i just came back from a book store and i read 2 of the graphic novels and i just started on the third one (since there is only three there) are you trying to say that bleach is like noruto or its going to be as popular as naruto? and one more thing i read you guys were talking about rukai as being a girl or a guy (cant remember whats her name but if you guys are talking about the soul reaper thats behind ichigo in that one pic on thats on the first piont, it is soo a gril)

edit just to ad about guys wearing pink i know plenty of them(no there not gay) they all go to my school at first they did it to mock this one kid but now its like "who cares"

12. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

yeah there was a lot of confusion - i was talking utter **** for a while because i misunderstood a post somewhere

Yes rukia is a girl, no she was not a guy who had a sex change when she transferred her powers

And when i named this thread i meant that i thought this series was going to be bigger than naruto (after all naruto is getting pretty crappy lately and bleach is still cool up as far as volume 16)

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I just saw the first episode, being better than naruto doesn't mean it has to be refered to "The next Naruto".
    I think its great, actually, really great, still confused about the confusion in Rukia's *true* sexuality; but I guess I'll have to watch episode 2 and see the result myself, because this whole mix-up between the anime and the manga is confusing.. and at this point of my life, the least thing I need is being confused in an anime..

14. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

>.< Rukia is a GIRL! +___+ What made you think she was a guy? I knew that she was a she, maybe it's because I saw a couple of anime episodes and switched to reading the manga.
    Rukia grew up with Renji and since childhoon she was a tomb boy. She alwasy talks like a boy. But ^__^ I'm so happy she wears dresses and has a soft side.