Bleach Licensed?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Well i was over at bleach7.com and they announced taht bleach was licesenced by ViZ and might be going on CN:AS

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

It was inevitable anyway. Just means i'm going to have to try and find something else to occupy my time with. *runs to download the latest episode*

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

It is not 100% sure that Bleach was licensed by Viz; said so by Lunar.

Therefore I quote them:

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

yea Bleach has been Licensed go to http://bleach7.com/ to find more info =P
    DB is still dubbing so is bleach society
    i have a Question if the GoV finds out that DB and BS are still subbing could they shut them down?

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Depends where they are at Fudge. If they are not licensed where they are at then they can still run it.

This kind of blows. Wert no kicking people.

We all knew it was going to happen. Hopefully it won't suck to much.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

What do you mean if it was not licensed in that specified country they can keep on? I am in the middle east, does that mean I can distribute all the anime I want online? :p

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Check animesuki for the reason. It is illegal but there are some technicalities for it. Like as long as you don't make a profit and if they want to sue. I love law and lazy people. Hehe

"Fansubs violate copyrights
    We have to admit it: the distribution of fansubs is technically a violation of copyright under the WTO TRIPS agreement. However the TRIPS agreement does not demand that distribution of copyrighted material is a criminal offence unless it is done on a commercial scale. This means it is up to the copyright holder to bring the offender to court. The copyright of unlicensed material is held by the original creator. In the case of anime this usually means the Japanese distribution company. If something is licenced, the licensee holds the copyright and thus the right to sue any copyright infringers within the area covered by the license. (source: ato's forum post)"

Most of the time they won't unless it is here in the states and licensed. You will see bigger companies do it more then smaller. It does cost money to sue. Lawyer fees are not pretty. (Why do you think I want to be one? :D ) They generally have more money and resources. I have seen more stop destribution then actually sueing but it does happen.

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

[Flying roundhouse kicks to the heads of Viz Video]

It's a toss up whether or not Viz will squish fansubbers. People will continue subbing it regardless if it's licenced or not. It's all a matter of Viz. Hopefully it will be like One Piece and the fan subbers wil be so far along they wont care and let them fansub on thier merry way.

Until then let us all Dwell upon the hazards of bad licencing.

[/Flying roundhouse kicks to the heads of Viz Video]

~W

:Edit - 22 MAy 06: Lunar, and Hell Fansubs dropped Bleach as their projects (irks the hell outta me 'cause I was watching Bleach through Lunar) There's two (maaaaaaybe three) who have not announced thier plans to drop it. I'll usually buy the series on DVD if it's good enough, but waiting several years for the series on DVD to catch up to the Fansubs is a little more than I can stand. I'll be a civilian again before they catch up to eps 73. For those who still follow cross your fingers and hope for the best. With luck this will be similar to One Piece to where the series is so far advanced Viz wont bother screwing with the remaining fansubbers. For those who wont, have a nice wait.

Come on Viz, I buy your damn products!! Don't ruin a good thing. :(

9. Neriek

Neriek New Member

Well, I think that it is great that Bkleach is been liscenced. I have watched all of the subs bar 1, and i think it is a great anime. I just hoipe that they do not ruin it. I am hoping that it will remain uncut and air at night. That is what i can hope for anyway. I also hope that it comes the the UK.