Video Games Blizzard May 19th

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fudge_Monkeys, May 17, 2007.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

So. Anyone hear the news.
    Blizzard is suppose to have a big announcement this Saturday in Korea
    I think it will probably be a SC2
    Theres a Timeline set up at Starcraft2.com (Domain is owned by blizzarD)
    But then again.. all their websites have a timeline.

2. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

SC2 would be beast but i have no idea what else it could be. Diablo 3 lol that would be sweet

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

"Worlds of Starcraft" :p

4. Sigurd

Sigurd New Member

Oh gods, I hope not >.>

Starcraft 2 would be both the best and the worst thing they could do- they have millions of fans for the Starcraft series so it would be an instant best seller.... but if they screw it up somehow they'll earn the hatred of many of those fans. Starcraft was a damn good game... Blizzard will have a hell of a time trying to top it for a sequel. Starcraft 2 will have to be perfect. :p

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It is all speculation until the announcement is made.

This is purportedly the original Blizzard word in response to inquiries about the May 19th announcement and Starcraft 2:
    Aren't those details fuzzy? They confirm some form of sequel for Starcraft, but doesn't reveal if it is their traditional RTS, FPS (Ghost anyone?) or MMO.

And "at present" doesn't rule out that the May 19th announcement is Starcraft, since May 19th wouldn't be "at present" when the comment was made. Everyone knows Blizzard has a very very strong fanbase of Starcraft in Korea, but even that could be circumstantial.

I'm inclined to believe it won't be anything based in their current intellectual properties - something completely new.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

if they're announcing in korea, they better be doing starcraft 2. otherwise, they're sending people there to die =p

7. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

A blizzard counterstrike type game would be amazing. I would play that forever lol!

8. Fudge_Monkeys

What if their big announcement if that Their bringing back SC Ghost..
    That would be pretty gay.
    SC ghost is a good Idea but if they announce SC2 Im going to be pretty pissed.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Conspiracy Theory!

Star Wars Episodes I & III both opened in theaters on May 19th. The new announcement is that Blizzard is doing a Star Wars game. :)

Okay, so that's about as likely as them buying out Boards.Jp...but I thought there was something familiar about that date when I first saw it and couldn't resist once I found out. ^^

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

>.>

zomg! matt's outer-geek just exposed himself some more! =p
    (if i remember my husband correct;y, weren't they all released on the same day every time?)

doubt it on ghost. if you've been watching the hiring listings, they've been hiring rts peoples. (currently done) they had the D3 peeps hired last year. and well, rts=starcraft. i can understand why it would take so long, SC is still used to compare current rts games, and it's old =p.

i've also noticed they're hiring for mobile designers...you know, for handhelds? even part of the job description
    http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/ about halfways downish. hmmm i'm more curious...

11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Diablo 3, World of Diablo, Halflife: Diablo...

Koreans are absolutely batty about SC. The fact that they're going to announce a new product over there leads me to believe it's gonna be a new Starcraft. Mebbe SC2, mebbe something else. I've heard rumors of Universe of Starcraft before, but those were all vague. Frankly they're making so much money on WoW releasing a second MMO to steal away WoW fans would be a foolish thing to do.

Here's to SC2, Terrans, Protoss, Zerg, Xel'Naga and another race from what the rumor mill's been churning out. We'll find out tomorrow.

~W

12. Fudge_Monkeys

But i find it weird that they recently Updated SC and if they do plan to release sc2 tomorrow Its gunna be kind of weird but w/e we will see

13. Fudge_Monkeys

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST BUT
    IGN HAS CONFIRMED IT TO BE STARCRAFT 2
    http://www.ign.com/
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html
    3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

SCREEN SHOTS http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html

14. Sigurd

Sigurd New Member

15. Fudge_Monkeys

16. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Money.

~W

17. Sigurd

Sigurd New Member

Blizzard can have it, just give me SC2 :p

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

my husband has been giggling. and loves the zerg rush ss. >.> (although, it IS funny =p) looks very pretty and i'm sure i'll enjoy watching him play it. (i play rts's too slow, so i get no enjoyment from them and thus no fun for me >.>)