Computers Bluetooth USB Adapter Problem with v551

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ciel, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I bought a bluetooth usb adapter today for my v551 motorola phone. I went through all the instructions, installed the drivers cd which I read on some googled page that really I didn't need because I have windows xp. The thing is, I got one thing to plug into my usb spot, and a usb cable, which I guess is used for other bluetooth devices?

The thing is, my bluetooth device is plugged in, it says everything is working, but it just won't read my phone. I use the search function find new devices, nothing.

So, what's wrong? Do I need something to upgrade my phone? The device should locate and react to all bluetooth devices within a 65 foot area.

Even if someone finds any pertinent info on this problem, I'd be in his/her debt.

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Bluetooth works only if you enable the bluetooth function on the phone. It's like IR-ports but only..."worldwide".

I don't think that motorola phones should have problems with bluetooth, but have you tried to reinstall all the drivers or possible update the program for usage of the bluetooth function?

(I personally think SE phones are the best for bluetooth. Afterall, the bluetooth specifications were created by sexual swedish Ericsson)

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thanks Teddz, I just figured it out, it's kind of stupid that no where in the manual. I had to turn I had to go to Setting/Connection/ Bluetooth/ Handsfree/ Look for Devices/'My Computer Name/Handsfree .. I get connected on for a fe seconds, it says it's connected to the headset service.. ? oh well.. at least I'm further ahead than I was when I first posted..

edit: I get connected through My Headset, the phone had to be close to the device, or the signal is too weak and I get kicked off, but then I placed it very close,t he signal was good, but I got disconnected again.

edit: Okay! I went through Control Panel, to Bluetooth Configuration/ Accessibility, there I clicked 'Allow: Only devices listed below' Then the computer started browsing, so I clicked 'Find Me' on the phone, 'Motorola Phone' popped up, and I clicked 'add device' so I thought that was that eh?

Didn't work til I went to the BT system tray icon near my clock. I right clicked it, and went to 'Quick Connect' file trasnfer, search device.. it was then it asked for a PIN so the computer could bond with the phone. So I punched something I made up, the Cell phone made a loud beep asking for verification to bond and wanted the PIN I just made on the computer.

Then after that, three folders appeared, audio, picture and video.

Thanks for the help Teddz, letting me know about the phone set-up.
    If anyone else gets one of these.. ya.. my instruction manual was 2 small pages long.. nothing about computer or phone setup!

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Personally, I just connect my RAZR via USB. It's faster, and it does a good job of recharging the phone while putting media in it. =]

But, yes, enabling bluetooth was no where in my manual either, so when I got my BT Headset, I kinda had to wing it. =P

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's funny though, since I knew what to do, I bonded another cell phone to the computer in less than 5 minutes. What a Pain!!!

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It's the smallest things that makes the biggest problem.

Was at campus today, while studying, I helped my friends laptop because he couldn't connect to the wireless internet we had there.

Turned out that he forgot to press the wireless card button...-_-