Music Bob Dylan, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Hailey etc

Discussion in 'Music' started by silverline, Jun 22, 2005.

1. silverline

silverline New Member

I dont know what I have but ever since I found my dad's old LP's Ive been listening to some very old music, like Bob Dylan, Bill Hailey (with rock around the clock), Jerry Lee Lewis, yes sometimes even Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and music like Ray Charles and much more. I dont know why, but I just fell in love with this music, ofcourse I still like nowadays music, but the older music just somehow touches my heart. I know there must be more people who like this kind of music, but I am not quite sure. You gotta have a special love-old-stuff antenna for it or whatever, I dont know, I just think there is nothing compared to the old masters. Especially when you come to think that most music hits today are covers from elder music.
    I am wondering what kind of people (about my age, around 17) listen to old music, maybe different kind of what I have written down. And if someone knows more good music, please tell me.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, since you're grouping bob dylan in with frank sinatra in terms of "oldies", i'm admitting to liking/owning cd's of Tom Jones.

damnit.

XD

since you know, he's closer in terms to sinatra than dylan is. you know, easily.
    it's NOT very old music damnit...dylan wasn't classic rock when i was a kid...-rabblerabble /rabble

3. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Bob Dylan is the man.

I love old music (although not as much as the new stuff).

4. silverline

silverline New Member

ohh well thats great to hear, always is:D
    I am going to a concert of Bob Dylan on the 28th of october :) cant wait

yes the music nowadays does not please me as much as the older music. Though there are some nice ones once in a while

5. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

Bob Dylan is my all time favorite overall musician.

6. silverline

silverline New Member

Wah! awesome, you have good taste ;)
    lol thats personal of course, but yeah I think that is sort of the same with me, ofcourse more artist. But when I heard his voice for the first time (and new that was Dylan) I just thought, wow who is that guy.. so :)

1 person likes this.